• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is the truth... Period.

You're right, I didn't. Because I said from the off that I don't wanna talk about guns. I wanna talk about YOUR OP, which is actually not about guns.

What did you debunk, when I said from the off I don't care about any of the circus crap they're distracting us with?

The NRA has pushed for stuff outside directly gun-related things before. They've done all kinds of lobbying about prisons (mostly stuff that just makes people worse off and less able to survive when they get out). So why can't they push for the things that *will* improve conditions, and call out their political backers for not doing it? Like I said, a lot of these issues come from Federal policy.

They've inserted themselves into stuff outside purely guns. But nothing that will solve any of the problems this video discusses. Why aren't they calling people out? Why aren't YOU calling THEM out?

So in other words...

You got nothing.

Thanks for playing. :roll:

So in other words...

You got nothing.

Thanks for playing. :roll:

I'm asking you what you, the NRA, or any politician are doing to address this problem.

This is the entire thrust of your OP. And you're happy to just let it be a talking point in your game of gun football.

I'm asking you what you, the NRA, or any politician are doing to address this problem.

This is the entire thrust of your OP. And you're happy to just let it be a talking point in your game of gun football.

why should the NRA do something that is really not their issue? So as to ward off banners attempts to ban guns? The NRA is wellspring for gun safety and marksmanship training programs in the country. In most states, you have to get training from NRA certified instructors for CCW licenses. The NRA sponsors thousands of shooting contests culminating with the national championships (around now) at Camp Perry Ohio. The NRA became political AFTER the DNC adopted gun control as a way of deflecting Nixon's attacks on the DNC over being "soft on crime" in the 60s. why does the NRA have a duty to address stuff that has nothing to do with its mission?

No it's you expecting the NRA or me to do something about inner city poverty. That is complete nonsense. The OP is about Dems trying to pass gun laws instead of addressing the real problem. Not your the NRA or I should do something about it.

why should the NRA do something that is really not their issue? So as to ward off banners attempts to ban guns? The NRA is wellspring for gun safety and marksmanship training programs in the country. In most states, you have to get training from NRA certified instructors for CCW licenses. The NRA sponsors thousands of shooting contests culminating with the national championships (around now) at Camp Perry Ohio. The NRA became political AFTER the DNC adopted gun control as a way of deflecting Nixon's attacks on the DNC over being "soft on crime" in the 60s. why does the NRA have a duty to address stuff that has nothing to do with its mission?

They've lobbied about stuff other than guns before. If they didn't want to be looped into this sort of stuff, they shouldn't have volunteered themselves.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT GUNS. I care about the issues in the OP: all the resources for poor communities that have been cut off, at both the federal and state level, by both the GOP and the Democrats, and in a few cases, at the behest of the NRA.

No it's you expecting the NRA or me to do something about inner city poverty. That is complete nonsense. The OP is about Dems trying to pass gun laws instead of addressing the real problem. Not your the NRA or I should do something about it.

I am expecting them to put pressure on their political puppets, because they have done so with non-gun related things in the past, and they just released a video where they state these problems clearly. So why aren't they?

I am expecting them to put pressure on their political puppets, because they have done so with non-gun related things in the past, and they just released a video where they state these problems clearly. So why aren't they?

I'm going to disagree with you here. It's not part of their agenda. There are thousands of other organizations, and politicians to address. $billions are spent on education that fail every year, why aren't the teachers unions hit to account or the school boards or the Dept of Education?

Please post the evidence of their "political puppets" having pressure put on them to do "non-gun related things" in the past? Either way this does not change the argument or your straw man argument. It has nothing at all to do with the OP and is nonsense.

Let me see if I can make this simple for you...

The NRA or myself are under no obligation to do anything about inner city conditions. This does not in anyway take away from the failure of DEMOCRATS trying to blame guns and pass more gun laws.

Is that clear enough for you?

Come on those who want more gun control. Please try and refute the cold hard truth.

I am not a member of the NRA but he hit the nail squarely and firmly with authority.

so the politicians are refusing to proscecute people while at the same time are looking to lock more people up?

and ther leaving people to die in order to get more votes instead of trying to make people who could vote for them safer?

that dosent make sense

so the politicians are refusing to proscecute people while at the same time are looking to lock more people up?

and ther leaving people to die in order to get more votes instead of trying to make people who could vote for them safer?

that dosent make sense

Ummm your post does not make sense. Politicians don't prosecute anyone. He is talking about how felons are arrested and then given early release or light plea bargains after committing gun related or violent felonies. I have no idea where you got anything about leaving people to die to get votes.

Your post is pretty much inarticulate nonsense.

They've lobbied about stuff other than guns before. If they didn't want to be looped into this sort of stuff, they shouldn't have volunteered themselves.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT GUNS. I care about the issues in the OP: all the resources for poor communities that have been cut off, at both the federal and state level, by both the GOP and the Democrats, and in a few cases, at the behest of the NRA.

really?

... all the resources for poor communities that have been cut off, at both the federal and state level, by both the GOP and the Democrats, and in a few cases, at the behest of the NRA.

What resources for poor communities were cut off at the behest of the NRA?

This is the exact problem. When hit with the hard questions, they got nothing. Those who would take away our 2nd amendment rights are just political hacks out for revenge for what they see as an attack on the right. The problem is a lot of us are not on the right.

Well, this thread turned out well...............:roll:

Well, this thread turned out well...............:roll:

Well like I said when the truth is cast out there they scurry like roaches when the lights come on.

Come on those who want more gun control. Please try and refute the cold hard truth.

I am not a member of the NRA but he hit the nail squarely and firmly with authority.

then you video is incoherent nonsense

see 1:56-2:03

and hell just keep watching

i mean the man is right to say that gun control won't solve all the problems of poor black neighborhoods

but a conspiracy by parasite politicians to keep peoel hooked on welfare to gain votes instead of just protecting people and giving therm more opportunity which you think would worck better still seems insane

then you video is incoherent nonsense

see 1:56-2:03

and hell just keep watching

And you are still making no sense at all... none.

He is absolutely right.

i mean the man is right to say that gun control won't solve all the problems of poor black neighborhoods

but a conspiracy by parasite politicians to keep peoel hooked on welfare to gain votes instead of just protecting people and giving therm more opportunity which you think would worck better still seems insane

Again he did not say that. He said nothing about any "conspiracy" to keep people hooked on "welfare" or anything even close. Why don't you actually listen to what he is saying and stop hearing the nonsense you are hearing. He is saying instead of looking at the depravity of a system that wants to keep people dependent on government systems, they blame gun control.

Now do you get it?

Again he did not say that. He said nothing about any "conspiracy" to keep people hooked on "welfare" or anything even close. Why don't you actually listen to what he is saying and stop hearing the nonsense you are hearing.

o what happened to Politicians don't prosecute anyone. He is talking about how felons are arrested and then given early release or light plea bargains after committing gun related or violent felonies. I have no idea where you got anything about leaving people to die to get votes.

Again he did not say that. He said nothing about any "conspiracy" to keep people hooked on "welfare" or anything even close. Why don't you actually listen to what he is saying and stop hearing the nonsense you are hearing.

sounds lie you could stand to take your own advice

o what happened to Politicians don't prosecute anyone.

Ummmm.... They don't, prosecutors prosecute crimes. Prosecutors are hired, not elected.

He is talking about how felons are arrested and then given early release or light plea bargains after committing gun related or violent felonies. I have no idea where you got anything about leaving people to die to get votes.

Nothing, it remains as true now as when I said it?

sounds lie you could stand to take your own advice

Sounds lie?

OK we are done here. Obviously the material is to far over your head in this case.

Back
Top Bottom