• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is the truth... Period.

Black Dog

King Of The Dog Pound
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Come on those who want more gun control. Please try and refute the cold hard truth.

I am not a member of the NRA but he hit the nail squarely and firmly with authority.

As usual when confronted with facts and sound arguments they have nothing to say. Nothing but political hacks with an agenda all of em.

Oh, look, the NRA found an uncle tom to recite their talking points.

Oh, look, the NRA found an uncle tom to recite their talking points.

So in other words you can't refute a single point made in the video and make racist ad homs because a black man does not tow the party line from the progressive plantation.

No problem as we understand it's hard to refute facts.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much since his "joined on" date.

Yep. Last night he made a post complaining about the NASA team being all white, in a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with that.

Come on those who want more gun control. Please try and refute the cold hard truth.

I am not a member of the NRA but he hit the nail squarely and firmly with authority.

He ain't wrong. It's an abomination that the party of the people has allowed and at some points in the last few decades (I'm looking at you, Clinton) even participated in the degradation of these communities. They're as bought and sold as any other politician, and they're not interested in the unglamorous work of fixing the humbling degree of depravity that goes on in some places in America.

However, I find it pretty ironic for them to be attacking the Dems for this when they themselves are just as bad if not worse offenders. The NRA, and their close tie with the GOP, have never even tried to pretend they care about these communities. And they are at least as guilty of causing these conditions, if not more so.

I do not believe for a single second that either the NRA or the GOP has any interest in solving these problems.

After every mass shooting, they say the atrocious state of mental health care carries much of the blame. They're not wrong.

But every year, they vote to defund healthcare even more, forcing doctors to work with ever-fewer resources, widening the gaps these people fall through, turning our jails into Victorian-style insane asylums because we just don't have anywhere else to put these people.

And the same way, every year, the GOP votes (and some years, the Dems vote with them) to reduce rehabilitation for criminals, defund education even more, on and on it goes.

Ok, so he's not wrong.

But he's just being a mouthpiece for an organization that has no intention of helping solve any of this.

Pot, meet kettle.

Where are the people who are actually going to do something about it?

He ain't wrong. It's an abomination that the party of the people has allowed and at some points in the last few decades (I'm looking at you, Clinton) even participated in the degradation of these communities. They're as bought and sold as any other politician, and they're not interested in the unglamorous work of fixing the humbling degree of depravity that goes on in some places in America.

However, I find it pretty ironic for them to be attacking the Dems for this when they themselves are just as bad if not worse offenders. The NRA, and their close tie with the GOP, have never even tried to pretend they care about these communities. And they are at least as guilty of causing these conditions, if not more so.

I do not believe for a single second that either the NRA or the GOP has any interest in solving these problems.

After every mass shooting, they say the atrocious state of mental health care carries much of the blame. They're not wrong.

But every year, they vote to defund healthcare even more, forcing doctors to work with ever-fewer resources, widening the gaps these people fall through, turning our jails into Victorian-style insane asylums because we just don't have anywhere else to put these people.

And the same way, every year, the GOP votes (and some years, the Dems vote with them) to reduce rehabilitation for criminals, defund education even more, on and on it goes.

Ok, so he's not wrong.

But he's just being a mouthpiece for an organization that has no intention of helping solve any of this.

Pot, meet kettle.

Where are the people who are actually going to do something about it?

Absolute hogwash. I am from Chicago... There are not many GOP or NRA members that run that city so no, your "well the GOP does it to whaaaa" does not work here. In fact here...

GUN VIOLENCE IS NOT A REPUBLICAN PROBLEM, IT’S A DEMOCRATIC PROBLEM - Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It’s a Democratic Problem | Frontpage Mag

HUFFPO BLAMES REPUBLICANS FOR ‘GUN VIOLENCE’ IN DEMOCRAT-CONTROLLED INNER-CITIES - HuffPo Blames Republicans For ‘Gun Violence’ In Democrat-Controlled Inner-Cities

Study: Murders Spike in 2015 in Democrat-Run, Gun-Controlled Cities - Study: Murders Spike in 2015 in Democrat-Run, Gun-Controlled Cities - Breitbart

Any more finger pointing you want to do? Because you sure did not refute anything he said and your "GOP NRA" does it too is just a bull**** smokescreen.

As for the rest. As soon as they come up with a law that does not #1 infringe on someone else's rights, you may have a point. I tell you what. Give me one law that was proposed that would have stopped any of the local crimes or mass shootings?

One last thing. Republicans have not done much to help. At least they are not trying to take my rights or make me a felon.

Last edited:
Absolute hogwash. I am from Chicago... There are not many GOP or NRA members that run that city so no, your "well the GOP does it to whaaaa" does not work here. In fact here...

GUN VIOLENCE IS NOT A REPUBLICAN PROBLEM, IT’S A DEMOCRATIC PROBLEM - Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It’s a Democratic Problem | Frontpage Mag

HUFFPO BLAMES REPUBLICANS FOR ‘GUN VIOLENCE’ IN DEMOCRAT-CONTROLLED INNER-CITIES - HuffPo Blames Republicans For ‘Gun Violence’ In Democrat-Controlled Inner-Cities

Study: Murders Spike in 2015 in Democrat-Run, Gun-Controlled Cities - Study: Murders Spike in 2015 in Democrat-Run, Gun-Controlled Cities - Breitbart

Any more finger pointing you want to do? Because you sure did not refute anything he said and your "GOP NRA" does it too is just a bull**** smokescreen.

As for the rest. As soon as they come up with a law that does not #1 infringe on someone else's rights, you may have a point. I tell you what. Give me one law that was proposed that would have stopped any of the local crimes or mass shootings?

I'm not defending the Democrats. I also haven't said anything about gun control. I'm only talking about exactly what the guy in the video is talking about: the generally abysmal conditions in inner cities. I'm calling out the NRA and their GOP mouthpieces crying crocodile tears for the poor, when they have never done anything but worsen their situation.

Much of the policy that creates the conditions in most inner cities is federal, not local, and almost universally supported by the GOP. Not that I think local Dems are any better on the whole, and not that I can't think of many Dems who supported these things as well.

But you trying to turn this into some kind of partisan issue defending the people who've systematically stripped down all the resources designed to prevent this, is the whole damn reason this never gets any better.

This is all a bunch of circus bull**** designed to win the argument without committing themselves to do anything at all about the problem. If these people actually cared about the people who are dying, living in bereft, starved neighbourhoods who have no options but crime, they wouldn't be talking about guns.

They'd be SHOWING US that they can solve this without banning guns, by DOING the things they keep saying need to be done.

They have a majority. Why don't they just DO IT?

And yet not a single one of them is even trying. I call bull****.

I'm not defending the Democrats. I also haven't said anything about gun control. I'm only talking about exactly what the guy in the video is talking about: the generally abysmal conditions in inner cities. I'm calling out the NRA and their GOP mouthpieces crying crocodile tears for the poor, when they have never done anything but worsen their situation.

That's just it, they are not pretending to care about the poor. They are mad about the conditions in inner city Dem controlled cities and the constant cries for more gun control because of it.

Much of the policy that creates the conditions in most inner cities is federal, not local, and almost universally supported by the GOP. Not that I think local Dems are any better on the whole, and not that I can't think of many Dems who supported these things as well.

If that were the case, we would be seeing this all over. We aren't. That however is my opinion as I have not looked up any stats on it at all.

But you trying to turn this into some kind of partisan issue defending the people who've systematically stripped down all the resources designed to prevent this, is the whole damn reason this never gets any better.

Because it IS a partisan issue. Please point out who is trying to ban Ar's etc? Who is trying to make a dad giving his son a .22 without a background check a crime? Who is trying to take away peoples rights without due process? It is not the GOP. Most are doing it for partisan political reasons, period.

This is all a bunch of circus bull**** designed to win the argument without committing themselves to do anything at all about the problem. If these people actually cared about the people who are dying, living in bereft, starved neighbourhoods who have no options but crime, they wouldn't be talking about guns.

So you are saying the Federal government should take over for local and state government to improve conditions in the inner city? I think the states would have something to say about that.

They'd be SHOWING US that they can solve this without banning guns, by DOING the things they keep saying need to be done.

They have a majority. Why don't they just DO IT?

That is a lie. They did try to pass gun control laws that were sensible. The Dems shot them down along party lines. So much for that majority...

Senate rejects series of gun measures - Senate rejects series of gun measures - CNNPolitics.com

And yet not a single one of them is even trying. I call bull****.

Well as we see that's wrong.

That's just it, they are not pretending to care about the poor. They are mad about the conditions in inner city Dem controlled cities constant cries for more gun control.

If that were the case, we would be seeing this all over. We aren't. That however is my opinion as I have not looked up any stats on it at all.

Because it IS a partisan issue. Please point out who is trying to ban Ar's etc? Who is trying to make a dad giving his son a .22 without a background check a crime? Who is trying to take away peoples rights without due process? It is not the GOP. Most are doing it for partisan political reasons, period.

So you are saying the Federal government should take over for local and state government to improve conditions in the inner city? I think the states would have something to say about that.

That is a lie. They did try to pass gun control laws that were sensible. The Dems shot them down along party lines. So much for that majority...

Senate rejects series of gun measures - Senate rejects series of gun measures - CNNPolitics.com

Well as we see that's wrong.

I'm not saying it should be a federal issue. I'm saying that, in part, it IS. It's hard for local politicians to get control when the federal government has destroyed their prison rehab. That is, assuming I believed they even wanted to. I don't. They're pretty much in this together.

It's not a partisan issue. Neither party is doing anything to address the real problem, even though it's been stated clearly in your own OP. They're playing football with guns to stop the hoi polloi from noticing that they're just sitting there reeling in the money from places like the NRA.

And you are doing exactly what they want you to do, letting them distract you from the issue, using it as nothing but a cudgel against the donkeys they've trained you to hate, and turning this into some partisan football match while communities continue to degrade.

They can save their crocodile tears. I don't wanna see whatever gun bull**** has been in Congress lately, from either party. I want to see where ANYONE has proposed to bring back rehab, bring back healthcare funding, and bring back funding for inner city schools.

I wanna see where the hell the NRA has been lobbying to bring these things back, to give some basic respectability to gun culture. I wanna see where the hell the NRA has ever done anything but advocate for things that will increase their bankroll.

I do not care what stupid gun bull**** is in Congress, by either party. I do not care that "the Dems do it too." If you SEE IT, why are you just using it as a talking point and making excuses for why no one is doing it, letting this revolve around whatever stupid gun bull**** they're distracting you with?

I don't think you do see it. It's in your OP, and you still don't see.

But I am not going to let you distract me with gun football. You posted the problem in your OP. What the hell are the NRA, or any of their supporters, doing about it?

He's really saying what so many of us say - in regard to all sorts of things, not just gun violence - that our country's laws are useless if they're not going to be enforced. Take illegal immigration, for example.

I'm not saying it should be a federal issue. I'm saying that, in part, it IS. It's hard for local politicians to get control when the federal government has destroyed their prison rehab. That is, assuming I believed they even wanted to. I don't. They're pretty much in this together.

It's not a partisan issue. Neither party is doing anything to address the real problem, even though it's been stated clearly in your own OP. They're playing football with guns to stop the hoi polloi from noticing that they're just sitting there reeling in the money from places like the NRA.

And you are doing exactly what they want you to do, letting them distract you from the issue, using it as nothing but a cudgel against the donkeys they've trained you to hate, and turning this into some partisan football match while communities continue to degrade.

They can save their crocodile tears. I don't wanna see whatever gun bull**** has been in Congress lately, from either party. I want to see where ANYONE has proposed to bring back rehab, bring back healthcare funding, and bring back funding for inner city schools.

I wanna see where the hell the NRA has been lobbying to bring these things back, to give some basic respectability to gun culture. I wanna see where the hell the NRA has ever done anything but advocate for things that will increase their bankroll.

I do not care what stupid gun bull**** is in Congress, by either party. I do not care that "the Dems do it too." If you SEE IT, why are you just using it as a talking point and making excuses for why no one is doing it, letting this revolve around whatever stupid gun bull**** they're distracting you with?

I don't think you do see it. It's in your OP, and you still don't see.

But I am not going to let you distract me with gun football. You posted the problem in your OP. What the hell are the NRA, or any of their supporters, doing about it?

You did not address a single point I made and just reiterated what you said initially, which I have debunked. You are trying desperately to blame the NRA "National Rifle Association?" For pointing out the problem, but not doing anything about it? Think about that. How the hell is the NRA by pointing out correctly the problem now responsable for not only trying to protect people's 2nd amendment rights... but take care of the poor???

That's like saying sure NASA, we appreciate your stance on global warming, but what are you gonna do about it?

Come up with a real argument and not this fantasy laced nonsense about the NRA taking care of poor people in the Dem controlled inner city. :doh

You did not address a single point I made and just reiterated what you said initially, which I have debunked. You are trying desperately to blame the NRA "National Rifle Association?" For pointing out the problem, but not doing anything about it? Think about that. How the hell is the NRA by pointing out correctly the problem now responsable for not only trying to protect people's 2nd amendment rights... but take care of the poor???

That's like saying sure NASA, we appreciate your stance on global warming, but what are you gonna do about it?

Come up with a real argument and not this fantasy laced nonsense about the NRA taking care of poor people in the Dem controlled inner city. :doh

You're right, I didn't. Because I said from the off that I don't wanna talk about guns. I wanna talk about YOUR OP, which is actually not about guns.

What did you debunk, when I said from the off I don't care about any of the circus crap they're distracting us with?

The NRA has pushed for stuff outside directly gun-related things before. They've done all kinds of lobbying about prisons (mostly stuff that just makes people worse off and less able to survive when they get out). So why can't they push for the things that *will* improve conditions, and call out their political backers for not doing it? Like I said, a lot of these issues come from Federal policy.

They've inserted themselves into stuff outside purely guns. But nothing that will solve any of the problems this video discusses. Why aren't they calling people out? Why aren't YOU calling THEM out?

One last thing. Republicans have not done much to help. At least they are not trying to take my rights or make me a felon.

Right on! They may be trying to concentrate the world's wealth into the top 0.1% but at least they defend our rights.

Right on! They may be trying to concentrate the world's wealth into the top 0.1% but at least they defend our rights.

while this is a bit OT, I would argue that the rich dems are doing that more intently than the GOP

Cant argue that, the top 0.1% owns both sides of the isle.

I think there is a dichotomy-there are those in the very top who want the government to have more money so they can have more money vs those who want the government to leave them alone so they can make more. Its the former that are the gun banners

I think there is a dichotomy-there are those in the very top who want the government to have more money so they can have more money vs those who want the government to leave them alone so they can make more. Its the former that are the gun banners

Agreed. I have much more respect for those that want the government to leave them alone. Democrats lie to the little guys, at least Republicans are honest about it and they know that if they don't defend the little guys rights, their next.

Back
Top Bottom