• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

THis is the terrible Russian weapon that has been seen in Ukraine

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is one of the worst weapons ever developed and many feel it should be outlawed like gas weapons. One of the launchers has been photographed being taken into Ukraine. I have no doubt that if the war stagnates. Puti would be glad to use on civilians being the monster that he is.

I have no doubt that if the war stagnates. Puti would be glad to use on civilians being the monster that he is.
Then maybe the nations of the world will find the guts to indict him so that he is required to appear before the International Court of Justice at The Hague.

Of course, he would ignore the order. But maybe eventually some Russian bigwigs would turn against him in exchange for being allowed back into the international community.

Besides Ukraine, that monster has to answer for those separatists who shot down that passenger plane, with dead people (including a baby) raining down on the fields below. (How could President Biden even talk to that monster?)

I suppose the states are different, but possibly the most barbaric assault in all of human history (or at least one of them) was the fire-bombing of Dresden. Do you know how many civilians we burned alive?

With clear eyes, your only solace is body counts. How many did we torture to death vs. how many did Germany. Then came Nagasaki/Hiroshima, and if we're honest about morality a relative body count doesn't make the lesser killer innocent. So we could plop Japan's death count down as well, and we can look at the horrid casualties likely if we invaded. But we did still intentionally cause our own civilian casualties.

The only way to avoid an "it's all evil" answer is to focus on necessity. Put that on the pedestal. Russian use of those weapons does not save anyone's lives. We arguably did, at least with nukes.

"War is hell", they say. "And it makes everyone a demon" should be the next bit.

This is one of the worst weapons ever developed and many feel it should be outlawed like gas weapons. One of the launchers has been photographed being taken into Ukraine. I have no doubt that if the war stagnates. Puti would be glad to use on civilians being the monster that he is.
Whoever wrote that doesn't seem to understand how a fuel-air explosive works or what the word "thermobaric" means.

Right now, we tell Putin if he uses those, NATO will destroy them from the air.

Back
Top Bottom