• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is the start of the decline of the Democratic party. Starbucks shuttering stores.

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Starbucks is shutting down over a dozen U.S. locations - six of them in Los Angeles County - by the end of July due to a spike in crime and drug use among customers and nonpaying patrons which have made employees uneasy.
The coffee giant is closing six stores in the metro areas of its hometown of Seattle, six in Los Angeles, two in Portland, Oregon, and one each in Philadelphia and Washington D.C.

Please note that not one of these locations is in a conservative area or even close to a red city. They are in the crime-ridden areas of cities controlled by far left-wing politicians. What this should tell everyone is that blue cities are the pits and no one wants to do business there anymore because they fear for their lives and routinely have people steal things and not pay. Starbucks is one of the most liberal companies in the United States and you know it must be bad if they closed stores in liberal cities and used word salad for the reasons. The real reason. Democrat-run cities are cesspools.

But this is a good thing for America. It shows that liberals are failing and flailing all over America. Companies are moving to states who actually put criminals in jail! November 8th will be a glorious day.

According to the OP a .1% (16/15444) change in the number of Starbucks stores in the US spells DOOM!

According to the OP a .1% (16/15444) change in the number of Starbucks stores in the US spells DOOM!

The big picture is that Starbucks is only one of a number of big name retailers permanently closing their stores in these areas because of rampant crime the cities refuse to address. The stores suffered from so much vandalism and theft that they were no longer sustainable businesses and retail deserts are forming as a result.

so an attempted coup doesn't ruin the republican party but closing .1% of stores for a company is the end of the democratic party?

well, to be honest, those two things kinda make sense.

Hard for me to believe this isn't at least partly an anti-union maneuver. But still the danger is real and there's no profit if your staff and customers are going to get attacked.

Hard for me to believe this isn't at least partly an anti-union maneuver. But still the danger is real and there's no profit if your staff and customers are going to get attacked.
Starbucks is getting the unionization bug and can't cite that as a reason to close stores without repercussions.

Another example of the many people and corporations fleeing from the deep blue liberal state agenda of CA.

===================================================

California Loses House Seat for the First Time Ever

This is a self inflicted wound. Starbucks was so concerned over not being considered woke they changed their policies resulting i employees no longer feeling safe.

Starbucks is getting the unionization bug and can't cite that as a reason to close stores without repercussions.
189 unionized stores. They're closing 2 unionized stores and 14 others. They're all in metro areas, and the rising violent crime since the start of the pandemic (relative to previous historic lows) is a known fact.

November 8th will be a glorious day.
Many of us hope that some of those 80,000,000 people who voted for "him" will take the opportunity to apologize to the nation by voting for GOP candidates.

It is outrageous that some entities think that they can just walk into a business and blithely take anything they want without paying and calmly saunter out because store security does not dare challenge them.

And, of course, what happens in New York City's subway every day is a national disgrace.

Those entities need to be forced to stay in their lane!

Starbucks is shutting down over a dozen U.S. locations - six of them in Los Angeles County - by the end of July due to a spike in crime and drug use among customers and nonpaying patrons which have made employees uneasy.
The coffee giant is closing six stores in the metro areas of its hometown of Seattle, six in Los Angeles, two in Portland, Oregon, and one each in Philadelphia and Washington D.C.

Please note that not one of these locations is in a conservative area or even close to a red city. They are in the crime-ridden areas of cities controlled by far left-wing politicians. What this should tell everyone is that blue cities are the pits and no one wants to do business there anymore because they fear for their lives and routinely have people steal things and not pay. Starbucks is one of the most liberal companies in the United States and you know it must be bad if they closed stores in liberal cities and used word salad for the reasons. The real reason. Democrat-run cities are cesspools.

But this is a good thing for America. It shows that liberals are failing and flailing all over America. Companies are moving to states who actually put criminals in jail! November 8th will be a glorious day.

Much of the decline in Starbuck's is a result of competition. Starbuck's opened so many store in the 90's they were competing with each other. In came some local $ and suddenly Starbuck's is half the size. In 2000 I could walk to any one of seven Starbuck's in ten minutes. There's one now, and about 40 competitors. "North of the 49th" is really big here, it was started by some former underpaid Starbuck's employees

This is a self inflicted wound. Starbucks was so concerned over not being considered woke they changed their policies resulting i employees no longer feeling safe.

That must be why Musk packed up Tesla and moved to Texas along with many other corporations.

Much of the decline in Starbuck's is a result of competition. Starbuck's opened so many store in the 90's they were competing with each other. In came some local $ and suddenly Starbuck's is half the size. In 2000 I could walk to any one of seven Starbuck's in ten minutes. There's one now, and about 40 competitors. "North of the 49th" is really big here, it was started by some former underpaid Starbuck's employees
I used to like Starbucks, until they changed their recipes. Their competitors these days kick their but. There is one in Missoula MT, technically Bonner MT that I go to EVERY time I pass, they make the perfect mocha espresso blender drink The right balance between sweet and bitter. Devine. Its damn good thing I dont go by there but once every few months. I would end up rounder than tall at 800 plus calories a cup, if I went there more. But it is soooo good. Blackfoot River Coffee Company. They are right next to the Pilot on the east side of Missoula MT off exit 109 on the I-90. Those girls know how to make coffee.

I used to like Starbucks, until they changed their recipes. Their competitors these days kick their but. There is one in Missoula MT, technically Bonner MT that I go to EVERY time I pass, they make the perfect mocha espresso blender drink The right balance between sweet and bitter. Devine. Its damn good thing I dont go by there but once every few months. I would end up rounder than tall at 800 plus calories a cup, if I went there more. But it is soooo good. Blackfoot River Coffee Company. They are right next to the Pilot on the east side of Missoula MT off exit 109 on the I-90. Those girls know how to make coffee.
Their coffee tastes burnt to me.

These days I use one of these at home.

Their coffee tastes burnt to me.

These days I use one of these at home.

Thats a nice machine which I had considered getting. Makes good coffee.

Oh wow a whole dozen starbucks out of eighty seven trillion locations this is real ****in important Biden is dooooooomed!

It’s the start of the Coffee Deserts.

You heard it here first, folks.

It’s the start of the Coffee Deserts.

You heard it here first, folks.

Maybe BBB can toss a few million for minority owned coffee shops. The government could pick up the insurance tab for opening in a high crime area and pay 25% medical expenses for any employee hurt at the stores in high crime areas

Maybe BBB can toss a few million for minority owned coffee shops. The government could pick up the insurance tab for opening in a high crime area and pay 25% medical expenses for any employee hurt at the stores in high crime areas
Except no one would want to work there.

Except no one would want to work there.
You mean all those who fawn concern for poorer communities wouldn’t put their ass on the line? I’m shocked to find out they might be hypocrites

You mean all those who fawn concern for poorer communities wouldn’t put their ass on the line? I’m shocked to find out they might be hypocrites
One of the Seattle stores that is closing is right next to a light rail station where a nurse was punched by a homeless guy and thrown down the stairs, severely injuring her. Who in their right mind would want to work there?

And yes, they’re hypocrites.

It could be that our current state of affairs has something to do with it. Why are we, a country that achieved so much in such little time, unable to care for our own? While we are squabbling about petty and unimportant things, when people are suffering?
Employees are "seeing firsthand the challenges facing our communities — personal safety, racism, lack of access to healthcare, a growing mental health crisis, rising drug use, and more," they wrote, adding that "with stores in thousands of communities across the country, we know these challenges can, at times, play out within our stores too."

Man does not live by soy lattes alone. Hardly a sign of the apocalypse, Paradoxical.

One of the Seattle stores that is closing is right next to a light rail station where a nurse was punched by a homeless guy and thrown down the stairs, severely injuring her. Who in their right mind would want to work there?

And yes, they’re hypocrites.
Sounds like a good neighborhood to have a little side hustle out the back. Here is your coffee and the 80 bucks of “sugar” you wanted

Back
Top Bottom