• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is the sort of crap that pisses me off. "How to get hormones as a minor without your parents."

#1 I am a transgender Female
#2 90 to 99% of transgender people know they are transgender between 3 and 6 years of age. Your gender is neurologically mapped in utero, probably in the second trimester. I knew at 4 to 5 years of age. It will not and can not be changed.
Can you please elaborate on this point? Gender is "neurologically mapped in utero?" How does this occur? You mean, a person can be ambigender, bigender, pangender, gender outlaw, affectugender, anxiegender, gender fluid, etc., in utero because one's gender is neurologically mapped?

My understanding of gender theory goes that sex and gender are two different things, and that sex is what is biologically determined at birth, whereas gender is what a person's "identifies as" irrespective of sex. Is that not true, now? The WHO says "Gender refers to the characteristics of women, men, girls and boys that are socially constructed. This includes norms, behaviours and roles associated with being a woman, man, girl or boy, as well as relationships with each other. As a social construct, gender varies from society to society and can change over time." https://www.who.int/health-topics/g... the characteristics,and can change over time.

If gender is determined in utero, then it is NOT socially constructed, is it? Is the World Health Organization wrong?

#5 I could have saved myself 65K in facial surgery and electrolysis, If I could have gotten puberty blockers in my early teens.
Maybe, but by the same token, there are plenty of kids who are impressionable, and also unsure. And, since gender is something that can change over time, and kids could well find out that they are "gender fluid" moving back and forth among various genders, and "transitioning" someone from girl-gender to boy-gender could do more damage than is saved because later the person might feel like being girl-gender again - or being girl with a penis - or being a girl but "presenting" as a boy. That kind of thing.
#12 I am sick and tired of the ignorance of people not taking the time to get educated about the process for gender transition. Forcing young people to wait until they are 18 or older to transition will force them to be stuck with a body that does not fit them, and an incredible amount of emotional trauma.
Different things can be true at the same time. Put yourself in the position of parents who have a child, and that child as a young kid goes through various phases. For a while, the kid thinks she's a cat, or pretends to be a cat, and "presents" as a cat. And, then maybe she goes through a "tomboy" phase, doing things that a lot of boys usually like - getting dirty, collecting frogs - and for a while she doesn't care about her hair and doesn't play with girl dolls, etc. Is that tomboy really a boy? What if she says "mom, I feel like boy..."? Tomboys often ultimately become cheerleaders, with long hair, and short skirts, eschewing boyish things, and turning more feminine oriented as they go through puberty. It is left to the parents to work this out, and the various therapists and psychologist can and do have myriad opinions as to what the indications are when dealing with a young child.

It is the job of a parent to parent. It is the job of a parent to evaluate and make decisions. It is NOT the job of a psychologist to usurp this role, and determine that a particular child will undergo permanent drug and surgical activities. That person can make a recommendation, but as with all other medical decisions, the decision rests with the guardian/parent of the particular underage person. There is no route that can be taken here that will result in perfection - or that will mean all people will grow up happy. There will be people who physically transition and are happier for it. There will be people who would have been better off just keeping their bodies the same and living life with a different gender identity. There will be those who physically transition and deeply regret it.

Can you please elaborate on this point? Gender is "neurologically mapped in utero?" How does this occur? You mean, a person can be ambigender, bigender, pangender, gender outlaw, affectugender, anxiegender, gender fluid, etc., in utero because one's gender is neurologically mapped?

My understanding of gender theory goes that sex and gender are two different things, and that sex is what is biologically determined at birth, whereas gender is what a person's "identifies as" irrespective of sex. Is that not true, now? The WHO says "Gender refers to the characteristics of women, men, girls and boys that are socially constructed. This includes norms, behaviours and roles associated with being a woman, man, girl or boy, as well as relationships with each other. As a social construct, gender varies from society to society and can change over time." https://www.who.int/health-topics/gender#:~:text=Gender refers to the characteristics,and can change over time.

If gender is determined in utero, then it is NOT socially constructed, is it? Is the World Health Organization wrong?

Maybe, but by the same token, there are plenty of kids who are impressionable, and also unsure. And, since gender is something that can change over time, and kids could well find out that they are "gender fluid" moving back and forth among various genders, and "transitioning" someone from girl-gender to boy-gender could do more damage than is saved because later the person might feel like being girl-gender again - or being girl with a penis - or being a girl but "presenting" as a boy. That kind of thing.

Different things can be true at the same time. Put yourself in the position of parents who have a child, and that child as a young kid goes through various phases. For a while, the kid thinks she's a cat, or pretends to be a cat, and "presents" as a cat. And, then maybe she goes through a "tomboy" phase, doing things that a lot of boys usually like - getting dirty, collecting frogs - and for a while she doesn't care about her hair and doesn't play with girl dolls, etc. Is that tomboy really a boy? What if she says "mom, I feel like boy..."? Tomboys often ultimately become cheerleaders, with long hair, and short skirts, eschewing boyish things, and turning more feminine oriented as they go through puberty. It is left to the parents to work this out, and the various therapists and psychologist can and do have myriad opinions as to what the indications are when dealing with a young child.

It is the job of a parent to parent. It is the job of a parent to evaluate and make decisions. It is NOT the job of a psychologist to usurp this role, and determine that a particular child will undergo permanent drug and surgical activities. That person can make a recommendation, but as with all other medical decisions, the decision rests with the guardian/parent of the particular underage person. There is no route that can be taken here that will result in perfection - or that will mean all people will grow up happy. There will be people who physically transition and are happier for it. There will be people who would have been better off just keeping their bodies the same and living life with a different gender identity. There will be those who physically transition and deeply regret it.
The username speaks louder than “she” does.

Trabsphobic Trailer for an upcoming, transphobic documentery. Starring transphobic doctors and transphobic detransitioners.

Trabsphobic Trailer for an upcoming, transphobic documentery. Starring transphobic doctors and transphobic detransitioners.

Saying 'transphobic' three times reminds me what a silly meaningless word this is.

Saying 'transphobic' three times reminds me what a silly meaningless word this is.
And what does four times remind you of?

And yes. That was rather the point.

That's what the trolls who are threatening Boston Medical Center would say. Stop copying them.

You found n video made by transphobes and of course, it is true because you believe it to be true and they are telling you what you already believe. I watched about 2 minutes and I can already spot the lies. Nobody is forced or coerced by Drs or therapists to do anything.

Does circular Logic and confirmation bias mean anything to you?

Are we now playing for points, or maybe monopoly money?

Yes, first to scream "transphobe" wins all arguments. You knew that, though

Is that so? I thought for maximum points one had to scream, very quickly, White Republican MAGA Fascist Transphobe.

No, it doesnt.

Do you believe that psychological gender identity is more important to who a person is than their biological sex/gender? This is the critical question when discussing the issue of gender identity/dysphoria and transgender care.

Transphobe.

See,I won. An overwhelmingly victory.
What exactly did I say that was transphobic? Do you not understand that you have to reply and prove that I said something that was not medically true?

Why are you trying to deflect from answering the question that I posed in #487?

Do you believe that psychological gender identity is more important to who a person is than their biological sex/gender? This is the critical question when discussing the issue of gender identity/dysphoria and transgender care.

Too late. I won already.
It doesnt seem that you understand how debate works, or maybe you have given up trying to have a rational discussion and this nonsense is what you have descended to.

Back
Top Bottom