• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is the sort of crap that pisses me off. "How to get hormones as a minor without your parents."

They are telling teens toi stay away from getting HRT via those means because they are unsafe and illegal. What do you want them to do?

The OP never read the links.

HRT can only be gotten through a doctor.
What are you flipping out about?
Because this is telling minors how to do so without involving their parents. Missed that did you?

Because this is telling minors how to do so without involving their parents. Missed that did you?

It does not. It makes clear HRT is illegal and advises against overseas sources.

You are totally misrepresenting this. Why?

It does not. It makes clear HRT is illegal and advises against overseas sources.

You are totally misrepresenting this. Why?

She wants to pull the ladder that she claims to have climbed away from other trans people.

She wants to pull the ladder that she claims to have climbed away from other trans people.

Why her posts are lying i have no idea.

Obviously some sort of creepy agenda.

This is sort of my mindset.

If "we" as a society want to say that 18 year olds aren't mature and responsible enough to own a gun, why do we think they are mature and responsible enough to permanently mutilate their body?

Technically...we now know that the human brain isn't fully developed until closer to 25.

If they wait to 25 there will be a lot more "mutilating" to do. Also, there's a lot of consultation with psychologists involved, which there isn't with buying a gun.

Your turn. Perhaps you'd like to suggest 21 as a compromise, or blockers but no hormones, or extensive counselling for any young person wanting to buy their first gun.

If they wait to 25 there will be a lot more "mutilating" to do. Also, there's a lot of consultation with psychologists involved, which there isn't with buying a gun.

Your turn. Perhaps you'd like to suggest 21 as a compromise, or blockers but no hormones, or extensive counselling for any young person wanting to buy their first gun.
Where is this mystical “consultation with psychologists”?

Planned Parenthood offers hormones on the first visit, no psychologist consultation necessary. Clearly advertised on their website before you claim otherwise.

Where is this mystical “consultation with psychologists”?

Planned Parenthood offers hormones on the first visit, no psychologist consultation necessary. Clearly advertised on their website before you claim otherwise.

Planned Parenthood website ... it doesn't say what you're claiming it says.

If you’re starting gender affirming hormone therapy, you’ll have an initial appointment with baseline lab work (blood draw) and then follow-up appointments. *

And also, the service only available for 18 and older. Here.

Planned Parenthood website ... it doesn't say what you're claiming it says.

If you’re starting gender affirming hormone therapy, you’ll have an initial appointment with baseline lab work (blood draw) and then follow-up appointments. *

And also, the service only available for 18 and older. Here.

“In most cases your clinician will be able to prescribe hormones the same day as your first visit. No letter from a mental health provider is required.”

“In most cases your clinician will be able to prescribe hormones the same day as your first visit. No letter from a mental health provider is required.”

I quoted the very next paragraph. To START hormone therapy requires more than one consultation.

I don't blame them for being vague about how many consultations. I'm sure people "doctor shop" for their hormones just as they do for any other treatment they're already convinced they need.

I quoted the very next paragraph. To START hormone therapy requires more than one consultation.

I don't blame them for being vague about how many consultations. I'm sure people "doctor shop" for their hormones just as they do for any other treatment they're already convinced they need.
Follow the * and read the details. None of them *require* any mental health services.

You claimed

Also, there's a lot of consultation with psychologists involved,

Which is untrue.

None are required.

Follow the * and read the details. None of them *require* any mental health services.

You claimed

Which is untrue.

None are required.

I followed the asterisk and read the details. Before you told me to, btw.

Consultations are required:

After that we must see you for 3 month, 6 month and 12 month follow-up appointments with lab work and to check in with you and make sure you are getting desired effects and not having negative side effects

Not mentioning whether a psychologist is present or not, or always present or only if there's a problem noted in the previous appointment, can all be put down to mental health stigma. Transsexuals are just as resistant to the idea there's something wrong with their mind, as anyone else is.

Now, if you don't have any other sources ...

Let's return to the question of age. Is it your contention that all young people should have to wait to 21 (or 25?) before getting hormones or any surgery?

Also do you recognize cosmetic surgery like permanent depilitation or nasal reconstruction as "gender affirming surgeries" and thus subject to age limits?

I followed the asterisk and read the details. Before you told me to, btw.

Consultations are required:

After that we must see you for 3 month, 6 month and 12 month follow-up appointments with lab work and to check in with you and make sure you are getting desired effects and not having negative side effects

Not mentioning whether a psychologist is present or not, or always present or only if there's a problem noted in the previous appointment, can all be put down to mental health stigma. Transsexuals are just as resistant to the idea there's something wrong with their mind, as anyone else is.

Now, if you don't have any other sources ...

Let's return to the question of age. Is it your contention that all young people should have to wait to 21 (or 25?) before getting hormones or any surgery?

Also do you recognize cosmetic surgery like permanent depilitation or nasal reconstruction as "gender affirming surgeries" and thus subject to age limits?
Are democrats still pushing for 21 to buy a gun because 18 isn’t responsible or something?

(And 3,6, months…it’s for blood work. Hence “lab work”. Standard when taking any hormones to start with incremental follow ups to check blood levels)

I have to get my blood checked regularly, lest I DIE....

Are democrats still pushing for 21 to buy a gun because 18 isn’t responsible or something?

Maybe, but not just Democrats. Kansas has a 21+ limit without permit for concealed carrry, but requires a training course. Michigan the same but with a license that expires every 5 years. Actually, 21+ for concealed carry is almost universal. Wyoming has 21+ to buy a handgun, 18+ for long guns.

(And 3,6, months…it’s for blood work. Hence “lab work”. Standard when taking any hormones to start with incremental follow ups to check blood levels)

I'm not going to debate any further on what it says on the Planned Parenthood website. You're cherry picking it, which is dishonest.

They prescribe on the first visit without any mental health consult. They have follow up visits to ensure the prescription is the correct dosage, etc.

So, she is absolutely correct. There are also plenty of people confirming this is accurate, as they had taken advantage of it..

They prescribe on the first visit without any mental health consult. They have follow up visits to ensure the prescription is the correct dosage, etc.

So, she is absolutely correct. There are also plenty of people confirming this is accurate, as they had taken advantage of it..

Its also not just Planned Parenthood. There are many clinics around the country that will prescribe first visit with informed consent. I did a Google search a long while ago and posted examples here.

Before you visit, please call to make an appointment and request gender affirming hormone therapy.

In most cases your clinician will be able to prescribe hormones the same day as your first visit. No letter from a mental health provider is required.

*Appointments/Labs: • Follow-up schedule: If you’re starting gender affirming hormone therapy, you’ll have an initial appointment and lab work. • After that we must see you for 3 month, 6 month and 12 month follow-up appointments with lab work and to check in with you and make sure you are getting desired effects and not having negative side effects. It’s your responsibility to call to schedule these appointments. • We may make changes to your medications based on your feedback and lab results. • If everything is stable and you’re happy with your medications, after your 12 month visit we must see you once yearly for a follow-up appointment and labs, unless you’d like to come in sooner.

That it doesn't say whether a psych is present, does not prove one way or the other. Note however that an appointment is REQUIRED, this strongly implies more professional care than just the day nurse.

Now maybe you have some anecdotal evidence ("plenty of people") and if so, put it. If all you mean is "there are two of us and only one of you, so you're wrong" then read the damn page you're pretending to have read.

Its also not just Planned Parenthood. There are many clinics around the country that will prescribe first visit with informed consent. I did a Google search a long while ago and posted examples here.

Don't expect me to find your proof for you.

No no, we're told, PARENTS are supposed to be part of it..

Come on man this is wrong.
Do you go looking for random websites that piss you off? I mean you could probably find a website explaining how to make a gun for violent criminals no longer able to buy a gun. Would that piss you off too?

They want children to lie and hide activities from their parents and legal guardians.

This is such a weird line from conservatives. They act as if it's unnatural for teenagers to have secrets from their parents. 😂

I think the problem is that the information is out there from much less reliable sources, which won't give all of the facts or repeated warnings this one did. It's a least worst option situation.

Either way, it's very true that kids all over the country are coming home a different gender. Who doesn't have a friend who woke up one day and their son was suddenly female? It happens ALL the time. It's sick. It's 10 o'clock: do you know where you child's testosterone levels are at?

Back
Top Bottom