• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This is probably a foolish question..

Questioning a common stereotype is defensive :???:

So, what youa re saying is, you have to be a liberal to be creative/tolerant, etc? I come from a family of artists, they worked with a diverse group of people everyday untill they retired, they are conservative. Do they hate black people now?

Dats whut all dem liberals think about us.
So you intend to fight a stereotype with another stereotype that liberals think all conservatives hate black people.

In what way is catz intolerent of traditional values?
To be fair, much of it comes from general ignorance and is not really anyone's fault. She's no way intolerant, but is quick to jump to ignorant conclusions to silence opposition, which, again, very common and everyone does it(Hell, I do it all the time, i think people call it a "gag reflex"). Usually conversations would go down like: Liberal: "I think gays should have the right to get married" Centrist: "I disagree I think---" Liberal: "Oh so, you're an intolerant christian nutjob who can only argue on religious grounds because there can be no secular argument against GM yadaydayda... Centrist thinks to himself "but...I'm a muslim :?"

Dats whut all dem liberals think about us.
So you intend to fight a stereotype with another stereotype that liberals think all conservatives hate black people.
No, i'm only bringing to question if she is saying tolerance/intolerance, creativity, openmindedness/closed-mindedness, is exclusive to liberalism.
Otherwise, if her stated stereotype is accurate, then so is the implied stereotype.

Last edited:
The liberals here seem to be only tolerant of people who agree with them. They are also not open- minded in my opinion.

I let you speak, don't I? What do you expect, applause?

Oh, you do, don't you? :(

Last edited:
You have little tolerance of traditional values.
You have tolerance of foreigners and little tolerance for American conservatives.

I have huge tolerance for traditional values as enshrined in our constitution and bill of rights. I have zero tolerance for morons who want to trample these things because they are suffering from religious insecurity.

Last edited:
No, i'm only bringing to question if she is saying tolerance/intolerance, creativity, openmindedness/closed-mindedness, is exclusive to liberalism.
Otherwise, if her stated stereotype is accurate, then so is the implied stereotype.

I rely on the dictionary to define words, not Glenn Beck.

Usually conversations would go down like: Liberal: "I think gays should have the right to get married" Centrist: "I disagree I think---" Liberal: "Oh so, you're an intolerant christian nutjob who can only argue on religious grounds because there can be no secular argument against GM yadaydayda... Centrist thinks to himself "but...I'm a muslim :?"

I'm not a liberal. I'm a moderate. Otherwise known as RINO or blue dog democrat (Same difference). Don't feel bad. Both groups of koolaid drinkers disdain me, and I reciprocate this feeling in full measure.

Back
Top Bottom