• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

THIS is not the Government's Job

craigfarmer

Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/14/national/14mud.html?

The relevant sentence is:

"Only one household in La Conchita took the government up on a relocation offer after a 1995 mudslide that destroyed nine homes."

Yet, today under a Republican government with the full support of course of my own Democratic Party, we the people through our government are going to pay for their bad choices.

If a terrible storm hits an area for the first time in 90 years, we certainly should aid the residents in that area.

If a massive earthquake hits California, likewise. That's something that has been speculated and predicted on for years, but hasn't happened, and hopefully never will.

BUT

Once a person is fully aware of the dangers of living in a particular area,

AND

we the people through our government generously offered to help them move to a more safe area,

THEN

they must be PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for any bad outcomes, as they would Personally benefit from any positive occurrences.

Democrats and all Americans should stand for integrity, and responsibility.

I suggest to my party, stake out this ground, and fight on the side of lower government spending, and personal responsibility.

Everyone says they are for it. Yet it is rarely practiced.

Craig Farmer

making the word "liberal" safe again

Back
Top Bottom