• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This is my kinda...

getinvolved

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
...film. I have been seeing promos and trailers for glory road all over the place this past weekend. It looks so good, music sounds great, lots of action, and a cool storyline. I had never heard about this team before - but damn if I wasn't feeling it just thru the trailer! Am I gonna be in the theatre by myself or is anyone else looking to check it out too?? :2wave:

By the way Happy Holidays chumps!! :lol:

Um..... what movie?

vauge said:
Um..... what movie?

Um....I think they were talking about Glory Road? Never heard of it myself....

Yeah, thanks. I was talking about Glory Road. I can't believe you haven't heard about it. It's about the Texas Western team that won the 66 ncaa champoinships, starting five black players. I guess that was unheard of at the time. I feel like I've seen things for it everywhere. Um, yeah actually there is a commercial for it right not. (wierd)

Check this out while I catch Georgia bury WVa.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/gloryroad/
(trailer)

getinvolved said:
Yeah, thanks. I was talking about Glory Road. I can't believe you haven't heard about it. It's about the Texas Western team that won the 66 ncaa champoinships, starting five black players. I guess that was unheard of at the time. I feel like I've seen things for it everywhere. Um, yeah actually there is a commercial for it right not. (wierd)

Check this out while I catch Georgia bury WVa.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/gloryroad/
(trailer)

Ooohhh...ok, yeah, I remember seeing the commercial for it, I've only seen it once or twice, that's probably why it didn't register. :3oops:

shrrshrr no problem. I heard there was are some sneak previews coming up in the next few weeks all over the country. I'm gonna check it out for sure. You should keep an eye out.

So I saw it last night. I was a little bit worried that it was going to be really cliched. But it was really good. Although there were some parts that bordered on a little cheesy, it had great action scenes and josh lucas did a good job as Haskins. I felt like I was at a actual game at points, everyone around me was cheering and yelling. (not me...) But I'd totally recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom