• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is inexplicable.

Tahuyaman

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
A CNN host actually says that there’s no liberal anti Trump network in the media. Do these people actually believe this? If they do, this is a step beyond delusional.

CNN'''s Brian Stelter claims there are no anti-Trump news outlets, but his network'''s coverage suggests otherwise | Fox News

CNN's media guru Brian Stelter suggested on Sunday that there are right-wing media outlets whose sole purpose is to tarnish Joe Biden ahead of the 2020 election and that there are no such outlets that are doing the same to President Trump.

I think they actually believe their own lies. No other way to explain the hypocrisy.

A CNN host actually says that there’s no liberal anti Trump network in the media. Do these people actually believe this? If they do, this is a step beyond delusional.

CNN'''s Brian Stelter claims there are no anti-Trump news outlets, but his network'''s coverage suggests otherwise | Fox News

CNN's media guru Brian Stelter suggested on Sunday that there are right-wing media outlets whose sole purpose is to tarnish Joe Biden ahead of the 2020 election and that there are no such outlets that are doing the same to President Trump.

There is, but its small outfits like the Young Turks

What? CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC are all staunchly anti Trump. Their broadcaster dedicated to protecting Biden and tearing down Trump

Certain shows such as Maddow's on MSNBC can be called anti Trump, but the networks as a whole, there is no real credible evidence of that.

CNN speaks truth to power. Which is the rightful place of a proper Fourth Estate. Unfortunately, Trump has a poor relationship with truth. That's the conflict.

of course there are biases displayed by the media
especially the opinion section of the news
Donna Brazile acknowledged it
and she also took that squad from faux news to the cleaners when she compared the gaffes of biden with the white supremicism of tRump

Certain shows such as Maddow's on MSNBC can be called anti Trump, but the networks as a whole, there is no real credible evidence of that.

Every show on MSNBC and CNN are completely anti Trump. ABC, CBS and NBC are dedicated to defending Biden and tearing down Trump.

Anyone who will agree with the CNN narrative that there's no liberal media effort to tear down Trump is a person who can't be reasoned with. It's a drill in futility to try.

Every show on MSNBC and CNN are completely anti Trump. ABC, CBS and NBC are dedicated to defending Biden and tearing down Trump.

Anyone who will agree with the CNN narrative that there's no liberal media effort to tear down Trump is a person who can't be reasoned with. It's a drill in futility to try.

Ok, so when confronted with even the slightest difference of opinion, you rhetorically cover your ears and go "la, la, la, la, la" and then you say someone else can't be reasoned with :lol:

I knew that this thread would expose the delusional mind-set on the left. It's a sign of insanity.

Who taught you to spell inexplicable?

Curious as to why you whine about the Left Wing Media but have nothing to say about the Right Wing media, selective vision? You should have someone look at that, just make sure it isn't trumps doctors, they will want you to pick out the Elephant. But, Just In Case, it is the one with the big ears and long nose, it is your Party symbol, well try anyway.

You just don't understand. Showing what Trump actually says and does shows bias.

What? CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC are all staunchly anti Trump. Their broadcasts dedicated to protecting Biden and tearing down Trump

99% of what they report on about Trump is what comes out of Trump's own mouth. To any decent person that loves this country, Trump is an utterly despicable human being that makes himself look bad. The problem is Trump, not the messengers.

99% of what they report on about Trump is what comes out of Trump's own mouth. To any decent person that loves this country, Trump is an utterly despicable human being that makes himself look bad. The problem is Trump, not the messengers.

It seems their terrible sin is that they don't automatically go with whatever propaganda Trump is trying to spew at the moment.

Well he is delusional or a blatant liar. I'm going to be kind and go with a blatant liar.

That's not the issue. The issue is a CNN host and panel of commentators claiming that there's media network trying to tear down Trump. Do you agree with that?

I knew this thread woukd expose the true hacks. It worked.

Why would you go through such machinations when you can just admit you are a hack in the first place and save us the trouble?

Ok, so when confronted with even the slightest difference of opinion, you rhetorically cover your ears and go "la, la, la, la, la" and then you say someone else can't be reasoned with :lol:

That is complete nonsense. Plus it has nothing to to do with the subject of this thread. Just so I can adjust the way I respond to you, how old are you?

That is complete nonsense. Plus it has nothing to to do with the subject of this thread. Just so I can adjust the way I respond to you, how old are you?

Sure it does. You decided that these outlets are out to get Trump without evidence, this means you are a hack unless you can produce that evidence.

I am middle aged.

That's not the issue. The issue is a CNN host and panel of commentators claiming that there's media network trying to tear down Trump. Do you agree with that?

They are covering him no differently than they would cover any other president that conducted himself in the utterly disgraceful manner that Trump conducts himself.

CNN speaks truth to power. Which is the rightful place of a proper Fourth Estate. Unfortunately, Trump has a poor relationship with truth. That's the conflict.

I would argue that while CNN has factual reporting in their regular news segments, the segments themselves are biased to provide a pro-Democratic news line. Fox News regular segments are similarly biased to provide pro-Republican news lines. I actually did a comparison two weeks ago since this came up with another person here. I meant to go back and talk to him about it, but I never found time.

CNN News started their news on July 29th with COVID-19 analysis by John King, and then they talked about how the House, Senate, and White House could not come to an agreement on the new relief program. They gave Trump's reason as to why an agreement could not be reached and then provided more details about the Democrats' side of things from Phil Mattingly, "What The President described isn't even close to the reality of the talks ... The President said the Democrats won't make the payments high enough. Is not the issue that the Republicans, including The President's team, keep saying the Democrats want to spend too much, not too little." Some of the wording does show a bit of bias, but I do think the content is factual.

Fox News started their news on July 29th with "Portland sees the 62nd night of unrest," showing what appeared to be fireworks going off in the streets. William La Jeunesse reported from Portland, "Now there's a disagreement inside the protests, if you will, about tactics. Some want these to be peaceful; others are more confrontational." They also showed segments of Barr's testimony regarding the protests damaging the federal courthouse. The next segment was about Trump's conversation with Putin and his decision not to discuss the bounties by the Taliban placed on US soldiers, as outlined in the Axios interview. As in the CNN case, the wording showed a slight bias, in this case toward Republican viewers, but overall seemed to present facts.

The stories networks choose to focus on can show bias just as much as how the stories are portrayed.

They are covering him no differently than they would cover any other president that conducted himself in the utterly disgraceful manner that Trump conducts himself.

Again, that's not the issue. Do you agree with the narrative presented by the CNN host?

Sure it does. You decided that these outlets are out to get Trump without evidence, this means you are a hack unless you can produce that evidence.

I am middle aged.

You are completely misrepresenting what I said and the premise of this thread. If you can't address this in an honest manner just back out. Listen to the video clip of the CNN show. Do you you are with that or not?

CNN and Fox News both do the same thing with each candidate. Fox News will find Biden's latest interview or speech, edit around the areas where he stumbled the worst, and then claim that he is incapable of stringing together full sentences. CNN will find Trump's latest interview or speech, edit around something that makes him sound like a complete moron when taken out of context, and then claim that he said something like "we would have less cases if we had less testing."

I agree that Stetler's likely biased and unable to see his own bias. I see the same thing with many Trump supporters who believe Fox News is the only station that provides factual reporting. Do you think The Five provide fair criticism of Biden in the segment shown in your link?

Back
Top Bottom