• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is How We Know The NRA Is Full Of Sh*t

Apparently he doesn't care.

Are you disturbed by the USSS position at the NRA Convention?
No, why would I be "disturbed"?

Do I think it's hypocritical that the key speaker for the convention has to be protected from the "good guys with guns"? Yup.

No, why would I be "disturbed"?

Do I think it's hypocritical that the key speaker for the convention has to be protected from the "good guys with guns"? Yup.
Okay. Are we done here?

All a gunman who hates the NRA would have to do is park across the street and wait for a huge group of men to walk by and mow them all down and drive off.

Does the NRA not understand that? Why are they making them soft targets? Why are they having a speaker that makes their membership disarm?

All a gunman who hates the NRA would have to do is park across the street and wait for a huge group of men to walk by and mow them all down and drive off.

Does the NRA not understand that? Why are they making them soft targets? Why are they having a speaker that makes their membership disarm?
They will disarm before entering that one hall where Trump will be talking. There will still be lots of attendees walking around armed.

They will disarm before entering that one hall where Trump will be talking. There will still be lots of attendees walking around armed.
I'm talking about in the area surrounding the building and parking lot.

I'm talking about in the area surrounding the building and parking lot.
That's not gun free.

Former President Donald Trump is scheduled to speak at the National Rifle Association's Annual Leadership Forum on Friday. But audience members at the group's annual meeting, being held this year in Houston, won't be able to carry guns during his address.

The conference is going ahead in the shadow of Tuesday's mass shooting at a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school that killed at least 21 people — including 19 students.

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

The Secret Service will search attendees with magnetometers before they enter the hall, the NRA said.

Are NRA members attending Trump's speech at the convention banned from bringing guns to the venue? It's a simple yes or no question.
Once again, for possible comprehension: I don't know and I don't care. IF you do - fine.

That doesn't change the fact that you wildly distorted what was going on. In your haste to condemn the NRA you failed to actually read what was going on. What you should do is admit your mistake. Instead you've decided to double down on desperation by trying to argue the ridiculous point that the NRA shouldn't have Trump speak if the Secret Service won't let them carry guns. That's absurd.

When you find that you've dug yourself into a hole, stop digging.

There is no wild distortion and the OP stands. Guns are banned for the NRA convention and the NRA are hypocrites for it. They could've cancelled Trump's appearance on the grounds that disarming their attendees puts them in danger.

NRA advocates for gun safety classes in schools, and in society in general. Only thing worst that hypocrisy is uninformed blather.

No they advocate for guns in schools. Or are you saying they oppose arming teachers and staff?

Is this causing you to lose sleep?

Is this thread triggering you to be hyperbolic? Please move along if you have nothing productive to contribute.

There is no wild distortion and the OP stands. Guns are banned for the NRA convention and the NRA are hypocrites for it. They could've cancelled Trump's appearance on the grounds that disarming their attendees puts them in danger.
Okay. You should ask Wayne for a personal apology. I'm sorry your trust in the NRA has been broken by this.

Of course you don't
You understand the issue? I don't belong to the FRA, I'm not going to the convention - why would I care what security arrangements were.

No they advocate for guns in schools. Or are you saying they oppose arming teachers and staff?
Let's see something in writing about this alleged "advocacy for guns in school". You've trotted this out a couple of times with the same vague blather.

the reason why they are still hypocrites even though the Secret Service is involved to protect Trump:

Folks gave Obama shit for the same thing when armed protesters were denied entry to events where he appeared.

Once again, for possible comprehension: I don't know and I don't care. IF you do - fine.
Once again, I quote your comment from above.

"The only thing worse than hypocrisy is uninformed blather." 🤣

Once again, I quote your comment from above.

"The only thing worse than hypocrisy is uninformed blather." 🤣
No mirrors nearby? Not me blathering.

Let's see something in writing about this alleged "advocacy for guns in school". You've trotted this out a couple of times with the same vague blather.

The CEO of the NRA gave a full-bore defense of gun rights at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday, calling for weapons in schools in response to a mass shooting in Florida last week. Meanwhile, Republicans in that state like Sen. Marco Rubio face new pressure in the gun control debate, as evidenced by a tense televised town hall on Wednesday night. William Brangham reports.

Okay. You should ask Wayne for a personal apology. I'm sorry your trust in the NRA has been broken by this.

What trust? As I said, if you are incapable of contributing to the conversation then kindly go away.

The CEO of the NRA gave a full-bore defense of gun rights at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday, calling for weapons in schools in response to a mass shooting in Florida last , kweek. Meanwhile, Republicans in that state like Sen. Marco Rubio face new pressure in the gun control debate, as evidenced by a tense televised town hall on Wednesday night. William Brangham reports.

Yeah, let's prohibit guns, keep cops out of school and hope it happens to someone else. Great plan.

Back
Top Bottom