• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is How We Know The NRA Is Full Of Sh*t

Are the guns banned or not? Why host an event where guns are going to be banned?

There is no place the NRA can have the convention allowing guns and have a former president speak.

Guns are banned at their conventions.

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

Considering this is an organization that advocates for guns in schools, can it get more hypocritical?
In your desperation to find some way to criticize the NRA you failed to read your own quote:

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms.

So the ban is only during Trump's speech and the Secret Service, not the NRA, is behind it.

You should get a job at CNN, you'd fit right in.

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

Considering this is an organization that advocates for guns in schools, can it get more hypocritical?
This is pretty wild, isn't it?

This will be another thread the nutters won't go near.

There is no place the NRA can have the convention allowing guns and have a former president speak.
Why is that?

If guns make us safe, what could be a safer place for an ex-president than a room full of guns? ARs.

Hypocritical ass holes.

Why do you keep trying to make the thread about me with your thinly veiled personal insults and finger-wagging?
If you don't like it when someone points out that a post gives evidence of [1] ignorance, [2] sloth, [3] whining, or [4] a combination of two or more of the foregoing, don't make posts that give evidence of [1] ignorance, [2] sloth, [3] whining, or [4] a combination of two or more of the foregoing.

If you don't like it when someone points out that a post gives evidence of [1] ignorance, [2] sloth, [3] whining, or [4] a combination of two or more of the foregoing, don't make posts that give evidence of [1] ignorance, [2] sloth, [3] whining, or [4] a combination of two or more of the foregoing.
And here you are once again, not discussing the topic and continuing to make the thread about me with thinly veiled personal insults. :rolleyes:

Your comment might have been less foolish if actually read the entire thread instead of jumping in because you thought you could gloat.
You need another shovel? Seems like you're wearing yours down.

I made conventions plural when it shouldn't have been. Other than that, the op stands and the link stands. Guns are banned for at least the Trump appearance.
Not by the NRA which was your target in the op.

Ahhh, then the solution is to ban the possession of guns OUTSIDE the venue - isn't it?
I am sure the brainless leftwing mob outside the building will not be allowed to be armed.

fat boy should tell the Secret Service to get lost.

There's no safer place to be than in an auditorium filled with "poorly-educated", overfed gun-loons................................

Not by the NRA which was your target in the op.

The convention is hosted by the NRA. They made the decision to have Trump. They knew that would mean no guns allowed.

The convention is hosted by the NRA. They made the decision to have Trump. They knew that would mean no guns allowed.
Still the Secret Service made the no firearms decision, not the NRA. You are digging yourself into a corner.

In your desperation to find some way to criticize the NRA you failed to read your own quote:

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms.

So the ban is only during Trump's speech and the Secret Service, not the NRA, is behind it.

You should get a job at CNN, you'd fit right in.

It's an NRA convention. They made the decision to have Trump.

Still the Secret Service made the no firearms decision, not the NRA. You are digging yourself into a corner.

You are acting like the NRA has its hands tied and cannot stand by their principles.

You are acting like the NRA has its hands tied and cannot stand by their principles.
How are they not standing by their principles? When a former president with secret service protection is in attendance they make allowances. I am a lifetime NRA member and I am not bothered by it. I was wanded by the secret service myself when attending a Trump rally just after the 2016 election.

Why does this matter to you? Did the reputation of the NRA somehow get sullied in your mind?

NRA advocates for gun safety classes in schools, and in society in general. Only thing worst that hypocrisy is uninformed blather.

NRA advocates for gun safety classes in schools, and in society in general. Only thing worst that hypocrisy is uninformed blather.
Are NRA members attending Trump's speech at the convention banned from bringing guns to the venue? It's a simple yes or no question.

It's an NRA convention. They made the decision to have Trump.
That doesn't change the fact that you wildly distorted what was going on. In your haste to condemn the NRA you failed to actually read what was going on. What you should do is admit your mistake. Instead you've decided to double down on desperation by trying to argue the ridiculous point that the NRA shouldn't have Trump speak if the Secret Service won't let them carry guns. That's absurd.

When you find that you've dug yourself into a hole, stop digging.

Last edited:
Are NRA members attending Trump's speech at the convention banned from bringing guns to the venue? It's a simple yes or no question.
I have no idea; nor do I give a :poop:

Yes. This has been settled for some time now.

Back
Top Bottom