• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is How We Know The NRA Is Full Of Sh*t

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Guns are banned at their conventions.

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

Considering this is an organization that advocates for guns in schools, can it get more hypocritical?

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

Considering this is an organization that advocates for guns in schools, can it get more hypocritical?

It's this way every single year. You trust Snopes, don't you?

Thank you for providing evidence that the NRA is full of shit every single year.
They're definitely full of shit, but the rule against guns while Trump is there isn't an NRA rule. It's a Secret Service rule, and they don't have a sense of humor.

They're definitely full of shit, but the rule against guns while Trump is there isn't an NRA rule. It's a Secret Service rule, and they don't have a sense of humor.
Why don't they hold events at places that support their views? Why do they invite someone that needs government protection? I suspect because it's easier to blame the venue and the SS than to publicly admit that an auditorium full of gun-wielding yahoos would be problematic.

Why don't they hold events at places that support their views?
There aren't always enough venues of a necessary size in any particular city that would meet this requirement.

Why do they invite someone that needs government protection?
The NRA loves conservative presidents and ex-presidents.

I suspect because it's easier to blame the venue and the SS than to publicly admit that an auditorium full of gun-wielding yahoos would be problematic.
Yet there are annual events where the venue isn't a problem, and with entire days with no president where the auditoriums are actually full of gun-wielding yahoos, and that's not ever been problematic.

Gee, didn't they say that more guns make them safer? They should all have guns required.

Still, according to the NRA, more guns make one safer. I guess they don't want the fat former guy safe.
Again, the NRA doesn't have a say in the matter.

Yet there are annual events where the venue isn't a problem, and with entire days with no president where the auditoriums are actually full of gun-wielding yahoos, and that's not ever been problematic.
Show us one.

They could cancel Trump's appearance.
They could. I guess they can accept two hours being protected by the Secret Service, and I guess they don't care about making you happy.

They could cancel Trump's appearance.
And that would solve what?

Bottom line I don't think the left wants the Secret service to protect Trump

They could. I guess they can accept two hours being protected by the Secret Service, and I guess they don't care about making you happy.

Or they don't care about being principled. They are keeping their attendees unprotected by disarming them at the request of the SS.

Why don't they hold events at places that support their views? Why do they invite someone that needs government protection? I suspect because it's easier to blame the venue and the SS than to publicly admit that an auditorium full of gun-wielding yahoos would be problematic.
Satisfied?

Or they don't care about being principled. They are keeping their attendees unprotected by disarming them at the request of the SS.
Gosh, if only they'd do what you wanted them to do you'd fully embrace and respect them. You should write a terse email to the organization, cancel your membership and refuse to attend.

Those that enter the auditorium to listen to Trump are voluntarily doing so.

Back
Top Bottom