• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is how the Second Amendment should be Interpreted! Florida HB 1205

It will solve the problem of law abiding people carrying guns off private property. Which doesn't seem to really be the problem, but oh well.
Exactly. It still punishes the law-abiding but anyone "intending" to break the law will just take their gun and go. Leaving their property with a gun will be the least of their charges.

Mass shooters and spree shooters dont go out on the spur of the moment. For some, those who believe they'll die/suicide...they actually live FOR the planning and imagining that (sick) triumph and the terror they cause. That 'getting back, I'll show them!' sick crap.

What is the point of this 'gun control law' again? Seems like more of that 'feel-good useless' legislation.

That will be quite some confiscation then. And a failure, see: drugs, alcohol....

Banning guns is not the same as banning drugs/alcohol

You can effectively ban guns, but you can't effectively ban drugs/alcohol.

What evidence do you have of that with regard to custodial V non-custodial sentences, in the respective countries ?
And the length of the (custodial) sentences handed out to people convicted of similar crimes, , in the respective countries ?

Are you saying US courts pass more lenient sentences ?

Why does American society generate so many more people who reject its values ?

What evidence do you have of that ?

Really. Do the go to Cuba ?

Can you give an example of something an (average) American might do, that an (average) Briton wouldn't do ?

Rich; "Can you give an example of something an (average) American might do, that an (average) Briton wouldn't do ?"
Yeah, we'd say **** the Queen. We don' need no stinkin' bitch trying to rule over us.

Banning guns is not the same as banning drugs/alcohol

You can effectively ban guns, but you can't effectively ban drugs/alcohol.
credible proof required for such a silly claim. Drugs that are like crack and crystal meth are constantly used up. A firearm might last well over a century. No governmental agency is constantly buying crack and crystal meth while US governmental units buy millions of handguns and "assault rifles" each year

credible proof required for such a silly claim. Drugs that are like crack and crystal meth are constantly used up. A firearm might last well over a century. No governmental agency is constantly buying crack and crystal meth while US governmental units buy millions of handguns and "assault rifles" each year
I know. That's just a facile, baseless BS claim.

Yeah, we'd say **** the Queen. We don' need no stinkin' bitch trying to rule over us.

Well the Queen is a constitutional monarch and wields as much "rule" as the constitutional presidents of Germany and Ireland.

Is that the best you've got ?

Well the Queen is a constitutional monarch and wields as much "rule" as the constitutional presidents of Germany and Ireland.

Is that the best you've got ?
That's all I need. I answered your question. You don't like the answer ain't my problem. Brits might kiss racist Royal ass but Americans say F that.

I came across a video discussing how a Florida State Representative seeks to pass a bill properly protecting the right as the Second Amendment should be interpreted.

It led me to seek out the actual text, link below:

HB 1205 (2021) - Protection of Constitutional Firearms Rights | Florida House of Representatives (myfloridahouse.gov)

IMO this perfectly explains how the right to keep and bear arms should be understood and preserved nationally.

Tens if not hundreds of millions of American citizens currently own firearms. The number of persons committing crimes using a gun occurs within a very small percentage of that number, while the subset of those committing what the media label "mass shootings" is a tiny fraction of that general crimes percentage.

I do not own a firearm. I haven't owned one in decades. Not since I served 2 years in law enforcement, after a 10 year period of service in combat arms specialties in the US Army.

Yet I strongly support this right for reasons stated in other threads on gun control.

IMO Americans should embrace this right as listed in our Bill of Rights, second only to those Freedoms listed in the 1st Amendment which the 2nd was designed to allow an armed citizenry to protect.

IMO anyone who support efforts to either disarm the common citizenry, or reduce access to effective arms from said citizenry is either a traitor to our essential liberties, or short-sighted sheep being lead astray by those who seek to control them.
IMO this perfectly explains how the right to keep and bear arms
should be understood and preserved nationally.
access to effective arms
but not this dumb shit...

-Peace
1618462191877.png

Back
Top Bottom