• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'This is how I'm going to die': Officers tell Jan. 6 stories

Lmao, imagine calling the events of January 6th, the "New Russia" when there are investigations into Russia currently going on.

Yikes.

At least you admit you're on the team, glad to hear you're making progress.
😂 There you go again. I didnt 'admit' any such thing. You just cant help yourself. Lying is just a reflex for you. Actually, I think you are just trolling now.

I was going to say that you cant be that dumb but....

Oh Fletch, if only you and MrDeltoid were not the emotional defenders of Jan 6 that we have all observed you to be.

😂 There you go again. I didnt 'admit' any such thing.

I pointed out you're a team player, you pointed out that to be like you, I need to be an honest player first.

Glad to hear you made it on the team and are handing out tips for better chances at making it.

😃

Oh Fletch, if only you and MrDeltoid were not the emotional defenders of Jan 6 that we have all observed you to be.
Yup, youre just trolling now.

I pointed out you're a team player, you pointed out that to be like you, I need to be an honest player first.

Glad to hear you made it on the team and are hanging out tips for better chances at making it.

😃
Trolling

Yup, youre just trolling now.

Is this what you resort to when someone points out you're defending insurrectionists?

An argument doesn't get defeated just cause you get a little emotional support from your friends, Fletch.

Lmao, accusations of lying, trolling, and being stupid. All I said is that he defended the insurrectionists.

So emotionally charged. I love it.

America: "wtf, a literal insurrection to try to block the lawful winner of an election? In AMERICA!?"

Trumpists: "lol, today's pig, tomorrow's bacon"

Also Trumpists: "whaddya mean, fascism?"

Yes, hundreds of his fellow officers died protecting the capital that day. He is indeed lucky to have survived. He may have saved democracy itself...
What is like going through life with no shame at all? Why can't you side against a bunch of racist, terrorist trash that attacked our nation's capital?

Last edited:
You dont understand why the federal government would want to address and publicly discuss the people who attacked its institutions this year?

That is sad, but not unexpected.
I wouldn't have a problem if they would actually " address and publicly discuss the people who attacked its institutions this year". The problem is they are only concerned with the Jan 6th riot. So, the reason they want a huge spectacle made of January 6th riot, is the same reason they don't make a peep about the hundreds of riots, and attacks on our institutions last year.
One good thing came out of January 6th. We now know that unless violence comes to their doorstep, congress doesn't give a crap that it occurs on a daily basis, here among us commoners.

I wouldn't have a problem if they would actually " address and publicly discuss the people who attacked its institutions this year".

That is what the hearings Republicans did not try to have are about.

Again, if you don't like it, thats alright, but let's not pretend there is no obvious reason as to why these hearing are happening. There are. Every video insurrection supporters uploaded is a reason to hold these.

Every organized chatroom, every military and LEO person who took part is a reason to investigate.

Last edited:

Debunked claims Officer Sicknick died from Capitol riot injuries reemerge at Day One hearing​

The evidence-free claim that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick died from injuries suffered in the Jan. 6 riot reemerged Tuesday during the first day of hearings in the Democratic-led House select committee's inquiry of the event.

Sicknick, 42, died the day after responding to the riot, which broke out as lawmakers counted electoral votes to affirm President Joe Biden’s victory over Donald Trump. In the days that followed, news outlets reported the 13-year veteran was beaten with a fire extinguisher, but the medical examiner concluded Sicknick suffered two strokes and that his death was from “natural” causes.

Still, committee Chairman Bennie Thompson, a Mississippi Democrat, said in his opening remarks that “seven people lost their lives” in the riot. The number would appear to include Sicknick, two officers who died by suicide in the following days, a protester shot by police, two protesters who suffered fatal heart attacks, and another who died of a suspected drug overdose.

Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn also perpetuated the claim regarding Sicknick in his remarks.

“I’d like to take a moment of my time to ask for a moment of silence for my fallen colleague, Officer Brian Sicknick, who died from injuries he sustained in the line of duty defending the Capitol of our beloved democracy,” Dunn said.

The only person killed during the riot was Ashli Babbitt, a 35-year-old Air Force veteran and Trump supporter who was shot by an as-yet unidentified Capitol Police officer as she attempted to climb through a broken window near the Speaker's Lobby. The officer was not charged.

America: "wtf, a literal insurrection to try to block the lawful winner of an election? In AMERICA!?"

Trumpists: "lol, today's pig, tomorrow's bacon"

Also Trumpists: "whaddya mean, fascism?"
One of the officers testified that they were outnumber 50-1, that he thought he would surely die. Another one said he didn't shoot because "he didn't know if they were armed, and would return fire", or, "the gunshots may be a signal to detonate bombs". He said they couldn't win because they just "called for fresh patriots" to join the fight and there was 9,000 of them. So, what stopped the insurrection? Why did they stop? Why didn't they just overpower the handful of cops in front of them and take over the building? These are all rhetorical questions of course, as we both know the answer. The armed "terrorists" stopped on there own accord.

Also, here's the one cop being squashed in the door while the tourists yell "heave ho" and try to kill him.

View attachment 67344978
Watching this was one of my favorite moments of seeing the sedition, in all its violence, covered on January 6. As I watched, I did not believe that the policeman would get out alive and I couldn't imagine what kind of people would do such a thing to another human being.

Watching this was one of my favorite moments of seeing the sedition, in all its violence, covered on January 6. As I watched, I did not believe that the policeman would get out alive and I couldn't imagine what kind of people would do such a thing to another human being.
Skipped the riots last summer?

One of the officers testified that they were outnumber 50-1, that he thought he would surely die. Another one said he didn't shoot because "he didn't know if they were armed, and would return fire", or, "the gunshots may be a signal to detonate bombs". He said they couldn't win because they just "called for fresh patriots" to join the fight and there was 9,000 of them. So, what stopped the insurrection? Why did they stop? Why didn't they just overpower the handful of cops in front of them and take over the building? These are all rhetorical questions of course, as we both know the answer. The armed "terrorists" stopped on there own accord.

What stopped the insurrection? A general lack of balls.

Takes more than forum memes and AOC clown faces to change history.

They did overpower the handful of cops and take over the building. They stopped because they weren't able to "hang Mike Pence" or any other politicians. They were too slow to achieve their clearly murderous goals, and security managed to get the targets to safety. Incompetence is not a valid excuse for the insurrection.

Here is all I'm saying.

I am a leftist. I do not believe I need 1000s of my friends to change government. I need to ensure the people who agree with my views get my votes for them, then win. If 1000 of my online friends tried to take over DC just to install a guy who agrees our views, and the guy we think should be president, I'd say they're criminals and insurrectionists and would want no association with them. I'd welcome an investigation into these friends.

Instead, I gotta sit here, and play dick with some ******s about how bad January 6th, REALLY was, if we take into consideration their level of proof, and how emotional they get when their friends get called insurrectionists.

Sad reality, but it is the state of discussion at DP.

That is what the hearings Republicans did not try to have are about.

Again, if you don't like it, thats alright, but let's not pretend there is no obvious reason as to why these hearing are happening. There are. Every video insurrection supporters uploaded is a reason to hold these.

Every organized chatroom, every military and LEO person who took part is a reason to investigate.
Todays show wasn't an investigation. It was kabuki theater. We didn't learn anything that would give evidence or insight as to why the capital was so poorly prepared. It was the responsibility of Pelosi and the police chief, and investigations aren't done in public.
Now, I do agree that this should never happen again, and if todays theatrics helps (which I doubt), fine.

Todays show wasn't an investigation. It was kabuki theater.

I dont think you understand the seriousness of it all. The insurrectionists who are looking at prison time definitely get how serious it all is.

So insurrectiony...Look at the Capitol Police fighting for their lives!

And look at all the rampaging insurrectionists in the crowd behind the insurrectionist who is... [squints] ... begging the Capitol Police to do something.

I'll just state for the record that anyone who tries to vilify the Capitol Police is both an asshole or a traitor.

You're probably too new to the forum to know this, but they're the exact same people who agreed with Trump about there being good people on both sides of that klan rally the right had at Charlottesville.

Maybe 1 or 2 who joined within the last 2 years will squeak by that general rule, but the defenders of the right are the exact same people for both events.
There were good people at the protest... initially.

Back
Top Bottom