• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is going to break a lot of GOP hearts.

Luce

Weaponized Funk
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Stocks recovered from an early slide on Wall Street and closed broadly higher Friday, notching their biggest weekly gain in 16 months.

The S&P 500 rose for the fourth straight day, adding 1.2% to a streak that included back-to-back days with gains of 2%. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, while the Nasdaq composite rose 2%. The three indexes each had their best week since November 2020.

This week’s market rally came as Wall Street drew encouragement from the Federal Reserve, which announced its first interest rate hike since 2018 and signaled several more to come. The move, which had been widely expected for months by the market, sends a message that the central bank is focused on fighting the highest inflation in decades. Fed Chair Jerome Powell also stressed confidence that the economy is strong enough to withstand higher interest rates.

Sorry about the good news, republicans.

In other news, wealthy people got wealthier, and water is wet.

In other news, wealthy people got wealthier, and water is wet.

Yes, yes, all those super wealthy retired people living on 401Ks.

Just admit that you're a Trump voter. You aren't fooling anyone anymore.

Yes, yes, all those super wealthy retired people living on 401Ks.

Just admit that you're a Trump voter. You aren't fooling anyone anymore.

Do you even know what that's supposed to mean?

401k plans replaced actual employer-sponsored retirement plans and funds all kinds of :poop: that ethical people wouldn't want to fund.

Well, I'm not a Republican, but tell me how big gains for the Wall Street gamblers helps our economy. Will inflation magically go away?

Let's see. If value of stocks and commodities increase, and the money supply stays the same...

Yes. It "MAGICALLY" makes inflation go away. By the MAGIC of basic mathematics.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Let's see. If value of stocks and commodities increase, and the money supply stays the same...

Yes. It "MAGICALLY" makes inflation go away. By the MAGIC of basic mathematics.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Sorry, but your voodoo math isn't going to make the price of milk go back to 2019 levels.

Sorry, but your voodoo math isn't going to make the price of milk go back to 2019 levels.

So you don't believe in supply and demand? That's all voodoo?

Are you a communist?

So? You don't think international conflict affects investments?

That's some kind of economist stance!

We sell weapons regardless.

It's just that the output is much lower when we're not beating up on someone.

So you don't believe in supply and demand? That's all voodoo?
I certainly do believe in supply and demand.

But gambling has nothing to do with supply and demand.

Are you a communist?
And here...you've earned yourself a dismissal.

You are dismissed.

Inflation? Prices of everything are still high.
Gas prices? Still high.
Supply chain issues? Still going on.

Biden still sucks.

Well, yes. If everything isn't fixed in a single day, it's obviously never ever ever going to be fixed, and everyone should just stop trying and holler at Biden.

And then even the walls clapped.

Well, yes. If everything isn't fixed in a single day, it's obviously never ever ever going to be fixed, and everyone should just stop trying and holler at Biden.

And then even the walls clapped.
The stock market...whether it rises or falls...will not fix inflation.

Well, I'm not a Republican, but tell me how big gains for the Wall Street gamblers helps our economy. Will inflation magically go away?
I'm no gambler, but my 401(k) did pretty damned good in the lat 4 days.

Stocks going up.... Seems like a positive thing?
Great for 401K's. Good for all investors.

I can afford it.
Awesome.

Like I said in post #7...but tell me how big gains for the Wall Street gamblers helps our economy. Will inflation magically go away?

Try thinking outside your own bubble.

Back
Top Bottom