• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is an Assistant Chief?

Your counter argument is that if it not something that you would want to say to a mother that just got her baby back... then you are right? LOL

No. The experience with the doctor is negative. You were in pain during the office visit.... You had to go to a Dr. office instead of having fun. You had to wear a cast. There is a lot that is negative.
The doc was trying to do things to make my foot heal. That is a positive experience with her.

The cop saved that baby's life. That was a positive experience with him.

Now, if the cop came arrested the mom for disturbing the piece and let the baby die, THAT is negative.

If the doc decided to grab my foot, twist it more, then sent me home with a 2000mg prescription of Oxy Contin, THAT is negative.

That is where we are thinking differently. I can separate experiences with different people in the situation. I can keep my experience with one person/thing separate from another experience with a person/thing separate in the totality of the whole experience. You can't.

The doc was trying to do things to make my foot heal. That is a positive experience with her.

The cop saved that baby's life. That was a positive experience with him.

Now, if the cop came arrested the mom for disturbing the piece and let the baby die, THAT is negative.

If the doc decided to grab my foot, twist it more, then sent me home with a 2000mg prescription of Oxy Contin, THAT is negative.
So you are sitting there with the doc who is feeling your ankle with his hand, looking for a break, and it hurts... and that is positive?

I have had more injuries than probably you and the next ten most people in the board combined. I did extreme sports for two decades. Setting a cast, being uncomfortable or in pain during X-rays, etc is not positive... it is negative. Stitches suck. Setting a bone sucks. Having to go to the pharmacy to get medicine or pain killers sucks. It is not positive... it is negative. The experience with the doctor is negative. What is positive is have a Margarita with friends at the beach while the sun sets. Having to see a doctor is negative.
That is where we are thinking differently. I can separate experiences with different people in the situation. I can keep my experience with one person/thing separate from another experience with a person/thing separate in the totality of the whole experience. You can't.
No. You are influenced and biased by the idea that dealing with a cop is positive because you get instantly offended that somebody saying dealing with a cop is negative might be daring to insult your father.

So you are sitting there with the doc who is feeling your ankle with his hand, looking for a break, and it hurts... and that is positive?

I have had more injuries than probably you and the next ten most people in the board combined. I did extreme sports for two decades. Setting a cast, being uncomfortable or in pain during X-rays, etc is not positive... it is negative. Stitches suck. Setting a bone sucks. Having to go to the pharmacy to get medicine or pain killers sucks. It is not positive... it is negative. The experience with the doctor is negative. What is positive is have a Margarita with friends at the beach while the sun sets. Having to see a doctor is negative.
That I would be willing to concede. Setting bones sucks (8 bones broken in my life including one ankle from basketball, one wrist from jumping a bike ramp, both big toes, compound fracture of a finger playing basketball,, and 3 ribs just doing something stupid), stitches suck (4 times, including 11 in arm removing a lump they thought may be cancerous, 4 in thumb from cooking accident , and 3 in eyelid from work accident).
No. You are influenced and biased by the idea that dealing with a cop is positive because you get instantly offended that somebody saying dealing with a cop is negative might be daring to insult your father.
That is absolutely wrong. I have definitely had a negative experience with a cop before (pulled over due to trying to beat a red light, smelt alcohol coming from my passenger I was taking home, did not believe me that I was not drinking, went through the entire sobriety tests and blowing into the machine to prove it, but I did break the law by running a red light). I am just able to separate experiences involving multiple people. Using the kidnap victim as an example, her experience with the kidnapper was certainly negative. However, being saved by the cop was a positive experience with the cop. I refuse to combine experiences involving two different people into one overarching experience. Every minute, every second of our lives is different, ever changing. It is the same with people, one experience with someone is different from another experience with someone. Combing the two is just wrong.

If a minority person kicks my ass, and another minority person jumps in to stop the assault, those are two different experiences with two separate people. One experience is getting the shit beat out of me, then it evolved into something else.

What is positive is have a Margarita with friends at the beach while the sun sets.
I'd replace Margarita with Southern Comfort straight up, but yeah, that's positive.

However, positive and negative are subjective. I did a Tough Mudder last year for the first time, and many of my peers did not think that is a positive thing. I on the other hand thought it was incredibly positive. I proved to myself that I was able to persevere. I never looked at running through electrified wires, losing my grip on a hanging exercise and falling into water as negative. I looked at it as pushing myself into doing something that at 39 I never would have attempted at any other time in my life, and succeeding. Training for it absolutely sucked, but I never looked at it as negative, because the end result was that I got myself into some semblance of athletic shape again, which I haven't been in since probably college.

Positive and negative are subjective. One person's positive may be another person's negative, and vise versa. You and I can disagree on what is positive and negative, but neither you, nor I, are the be all and end all as to what is positive and negative. After some thought, I am wrong in trying to impose my thoughts on you on what is positive and negative, just as you are wrong into trying to impose your thoughts on me on what is positive and negative.

This will be the last I say on the matter.

Positive and negative are subjective. One person's positive may be another person's negative, and vise versa.
Then why in the hell are you telling me that I am wrong. What a complete waste of time.

Then why in the hell are you telling me that I am wrong. What a complete waste of time.
I guess you don't read full posts.
After some thought, I am wrong in trying to impose my thoughts on you on what is positive and negative, just as you are wrong into trying to impose your thoughts on me on what is positive and negative.
That is why.

You seem to have a problem admitting that you are wrong...
Do you even know how to read??
I am wrong in trying to impose my thoughts on you on what is positive and negative, just as you are wrong into trying to impose your thoughts on me on what is positive and negative.

This will be the last I say on the matter.
If I am wrong in trying to impose my thoughts on what is positive and negative, then you are wrong for doing the exact same thing.

Do you even know how to read??
Yes. That is why I am able to respond to you.
If I am wrong in trying to impose my thoughts on what is positive and negative, then you are wrong for doing the exact same thing.
Nope. I am not wrong in saying that I think that something is negative. You are wrong in telling me that what I think is negative is actually positive.

Yes. That is why I am able to respond to you.

Nope. I am not wrong in saying that I think that something is negative. You are wrong in telling me that what I think is negative is actually positive.
Again, positive and negative is subjective... which means you are also wrong in telling me that what I think is positive is actually negative.

Again, positive and negative is subjective... which means you are also wrong in telling me that what I think is positive is actually negative.
I knew you would go here... no, I am not wrong because I am not saying you are wrong for thinking it is positive, you are wrong for telling me that I am wrong to think that it is negative. You can say, "hey, I think it is positive" and that is fine... what makes you wrong is that you are saying, "hey, you are wrong to think that it is negative because it is actually positive". It is not objective and that is why you are wrong.

Look, I run people around with words all the time, don't feel bad.

I knew you would go here... no, I am not wrong because I am not saying you are wrong for thinking it is positive, you are wrong for telling me that I am wrong to think that it is negative. You can say, "hey, I think it is positive" and that is fine... what makes you wrong is that you are saying, "hey, you are wrong to think that it is negative because it is actually positive". It is not objective and that is why you are wrong.

Look, I run people around with words all the time, don't feel bad.
You didn't say "I think all experiences with cops are negative". You said "All experiences with cops are negative". You never stated your case as an opinion. You stated your case as a fact.
All experiences with cops are negative...
You stated that as a fact, not your opinion. You stated it as objective, not subjective.

You didn't say "I think all experiences with cops are negative". You said "All experiences with cops are negative".
Amazing... but you are wrong again. I ASKED "aren't all experiences with cops negative?"

You then started crying about your dad and you have been crying ever since...
You never stated your case as an opinion.
It is obviously an opinion... it is a subjective statement. In old age some people finally learning something though. Have you?
You stated your case as a fact.
Wrong.
You stated that as a fact, not your opinion. You stated it as objective, not subjective.
Your posts convey the confusions of an old man trying to understand concepts long forgotten... if they ever were.

Back
Top Bottom