• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

this is a good site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadinho

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I have been doing this since 2000 online. I started on Slate which lasted until around 2010 or so. That was a free for all and it was a blast. But now, people have to control themselves a bit or chaos happens. I know I am a flamethrower at times but I am not am moron looking to overthrow the government and kill conservatives. There is a balance folks. We argue but we do not indict. We debate but not incite. If you think your neighbor is a commie, you need help. If you think your neighbor is a right wing asshole who wants you to die, you might need to ask them over for a barbecue. I live in an area where people are doing OK. We will survive this mess. Does that mean I have to hate you if you don't vote for my buddie? Are you high?

I'll invite them for BBQ once they apologize for openly demanding my murder, which is what this insurrection will ultimately lead to if it metastasizes into the 50-state civil war that they are currently masturbating over right now.
No apology? Then the war is still on and I will continue to view their presence within my sight as a potential threat to my safety.
It's a good thing I live in a state where these Trump domestic terror sympathizers are a definite minority.
It's a good thing for them, too.

I'll invite them for BBQ once they apologize for openly demanding my murder, which is what this insurrection will ultimately lead to if it metastasizes into the 50-state civil war that they are currently masturbating over right now.
No apology? Then the war is still on and I will continue to view their presence within my sight as a potential threat to my safety.
Are you speaking personally, or collectively here? Most Trumpers aren't so bad as to eschew their companionship or friendship. Hell, half my family is Trumpers! Over half!

It's a good thing I live in a state where these Trump domestic terror sympathizers are a definite minority.
It's a good thing for them, too.

You seem tense.

I have been doing this since 2000 online. I started on Slate which lasted until around 2010 or so. That was a free for all and it was a blast. But now, people have to control themselves a bit or chaos happens. I know I am a flamethrower at times but I am not am moron looking to overthrow the government and kill conservatives. There is a balance folks. We argue but we do not indict. We debate but not incite. If you think your neighbor is a commie, you need help. If you think your neighbor is a right wing asshole who wants you to die, you might need to ask them over for a barbecue. I live in an area where people are doing OK. We will survive this mess. Does that mean I have to hate you if you don't vote for my buddie? Are you high?
Have you been outside lately? Just wonderin'...🤦‍♀️

I think when roughly half the population gets over thinking they’re owed some sort of apology that’s never gonna happen, we’ll move on.

That plus what phony outrage coming from a guy who lives in SoCal, a leftist Utopia. :LOL:

And after Biden has been declared winner. Some people are happiest when they’re miserable.

And after Biden has been declared winner. Some people are happiest when they’re miserable.

Lol

Seriously, it sure seems that way. Maybe some are addicted to their Trump rage?

Are you speaking personally, or collectively here? Most Trumpers aren't so bad as to eschew their companionship or friendship. Hell, half my family is Trumpers! Over half!

The only way I get along with any friends/family who support Trump is by not talking politics.

The last time we did was well before Trump ran. Somewhere in 2012 or 2011, an uncle and his wife ('the Trump pair') were visiting with my parents; my sister, wife, and I were visiting, too. Anyway, the Trump pair started going on about how we don't know where Obama was born, how we don't have his birth certificate yet, etc. Eventually I stood up, said "that is the stupidest ****ing thing I have ever heard", and left the room; the only rude thing I think I've said to them.

I suspect my reaction would be even sharper if someone started spouting off about how the election was stolen with massive fraud. I'm fed up with it. And quite frankly, after 15 years of being told I'm more or less a domestic enemy by the same people who ultimately became Trump supporters, occurring against a larger background of a sustained 26 year push for power for power's sake by the GOP (blame Gingrich + Fox propaganda), itself against the even larger hypocritical and unholy alliance between evangelicals and the GOP crafted by Reagan, and I'm simply fed up.

I understand where checker is coming from. I mean, to log into DP after a murderous mob bent on insurrection, more murder, and destroying democracy to install Trump . . .

. . . and I see Trumpists calling it no more than a kegger that got out of hand? Claiming that the crowd was actually ANTIFA/BLM members dressed up like Trumpists? Launching the dishonest both-sides defense by pretending every single Floyd protester was personally responsible for crimes committed by thugs who use protests as cover, then saying "see, 'the left' does it to"?

If someone's going to do that, I have to doubt they have any commitment to getting along as fellow Americans, and I do not believe for a second that their motivation simply boils down to disagreeing about politics. You don't cheer a literal insurrection simply because you don't want Biden to raise taxes on the best-off. You do it because you hate the targets of that insurrection.

The future looks very bleak.

When someone responds "we've gotten through worse", I have to think "did we? Did we really? What does getting through mean, then? Merely continuing to exist as a country called America?" It's not like we fought a Civil War then kissed and made up. Instead we got segregation by law and resentments lasting up until today: there's a reason that guy had a confederate flag in the Capitol, and it wasn't to celebrate southern heritage.

So on and so forth. I don't think anything really ever healed.

I think when roughly half the population gets over thinking they’re owed some sort of apology that’s never gonna happen, we’ll move on.

There it is. The cry for injustice.

That is why we cannot heal yet.

Moderator's Warning:
Closing this before it gets out of hand. There are plenty of forums to debate aside from this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom