• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is a coup: Protests Engulf Wisconsin Capitol as Outgoing Scott Walker and GOP Move to Cripple D

Oh please... This is the same thing that the democrats have been doing to Governor Larry Hogan in Maryland for years.
Chip away at his powers as Governor.

Obviously, you think that's ok then

Well...you said it was a coup, and since no one is being denied their seat and no procedures of law were violated, I'm wondering why you're using that word.

I used the title of the source article, as dictated by the rules of the forum.

Common dreams makes Infowars look mainstream. Real commie mother****ers.

Excuse me. The commies are now America's best friends. Didn't you know Putin and Kim Jong Un are commies? And we all know trump LOVES these 2 great men.

So please show respect to our communist friends.

Excuse me. The commies are now America's best friends. Didn't you know Putin and Kim Jong Un are commies? And we all know trump LOVES these 2 great men.

So please show respect to our communist friends.

You are in love with them.

I used the title of the source article, as dictated by the rules of the forum.

There's no rule that says you have to use the title of the linked source for your subject line. I never do it. Anyways, that's a big irrelevant at this point as, ultimately, there is nothing to see here.

There's no rule that says you have to use the title of the linked source for your subject line. I never do it. Anyways, that's a big irrelevant at this point as, ultimately, there is nothing to see here.

So I assume that when it's done to a Republican, you'll be fine with it?

Republicans took control of both houses and the governorship of Wisconsin in 2010 after "Operation REDMAP". REDMAP was a targeted Republican national strategy to win control of the majority of state legislatures and it caught the donkeys napping. Once the pachyderms had control, they had command of the redistricting triggered by the 2010 census. The Republicans then created an elephant friendly Frankenstein monster of legislative districts (both state & national) using computer generated data.

Nothing lasts forever though. For all of their clever gerrymandering, the U.S. House firewall was breached in 2018, because no one ever took into account the "Trump Factor", rendering supposedly safe districts vulnerable. This goes to show that these Republican actions in Wisconsin could, and probably will, come back to bite them in the rear, even though, in Wisconsin, they held control of both houses in this cycle. Overreach, like Karma is a b*tch! It doesn't matter that it may be legal, or have precedent or whatever, it is how the voters will perceive and remember what they did.

I think what the Republicans did in 2010 and what they are doing now at the state level, is a recognition of their vulnerability, and not their strength. The donkeys have demographics on their side (though not geography regarding the U.S. Senate). When you are vulnerable, you have to employ force multipliers to even the field, and if it is not (currently) illegal, then what of it? Our country was not built on fairness, just ask our black citizens, Latinos or our surviving Native American population. That's why I question the ratification of the current Democratic leadership, this happened on their watch.

Don't get mad. Get even!

Last edited:
It is a coup. The GOP has been ousted and here they go - hobbling the incoming administration.

I do love how the "duly elected president" crowd is so ok with the GOP hobbling a duly elected governor.

Disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom