• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This has been the greatest threat to the US in the last 20 years and the Biden administration has been excellent.

Thank god Trump was not President.
Yes, the White Horse 2020-2026, 2030.5 has been the worry of the ages and we picked the worst two Candidates for the closest most uncertain election, Sanders would have been the sure thing.

Now I know, stick with Biden, stick with the Democrats in 2022.

Better than another tax cut for the rich to ruin my growing economy or Great Depression or overturn an election.

The war with Russia.
I personally don't think this has been the largest threat to America in the last 20 years.

Chinese manufacturing dominance? Maybe.
2008 economic crash? Perhaps.
January 6th insurrection? A good candidate.
Hurricane Katrina? Certainly one for the list.
Social media and Q-Anon? Hard to challenge that.

Russia invading Ukraine, causing a blip to domestic fossil fuel prices and forcing the United States to spend maybe 0.5% of its annual defense budget shipping some munitions to Ukraine? Eh, not really.

I personally don't think this has been the largest threat to America in the last 20 years.

Chinese manufacturing dominance? Maybe.
2008 economic crash? Perhaps.
January 6th insurrection? A good candidate.
Hurricane Katrina? Certainly one for the list.
Social media and Q-Anon? Hard to challenge that.

Russia invading Ukraine, causing a blip to domestic fossil fuel prices and forcing the United States to spend maybe 0.5% of its annual defense budget shipping some munitions to Ukraine? Eh, not really.
This changes the world order.

Yes, the White Horse 2020-2026, 2030.5 has been the worry of the ages and we picked the worst two Candidates for the closest most uncertain election, Sanders would have been the sure thing.

Now I know, stick with Biden, stick with the Democrats in 2022.

Better than another tax cut for the rich to ruin my growing economy or Great Depression or overturn an election.
I don't think Sanders could have won......what was needed was a life long moderate and we got one in Biden.

Not really. A relatively minor regional squabble that doesnt concern the US or me. Nothing to get ones panties in a wad over IMO.

President Biden is playing it just right, and I approve.

How? The world order is still NATO-and-Friends vs. China-and-Friends vs. a variety of non-aligned states vs. various loosely organized Islamist federations vs. whatever the Philippines is feeling like when it woke up this morning. Hasn't really changed all that much.

How? The world order is still NATO-and-Friends vs. China-and-Friends vs. a variety of non-aligned states vs. various loosely organized Islamist federations vs. whatever the Philippines is feeling like when it woke up this morning. Hasn't really changed all that much.
With out Russia as a major power, the political world changes.

With out Russia as a major power, the political world changes.
What about Russia has changed? Before, they were a third rate economic power with lots of land, crap military, lots of nuclear weapons and China as a friend. Today, they are a third rate economic power with lots of land, crap military, lots of nuclear weapons and China as a friend.

Sure, I can no longer buy cheap vintage hardware from Russia through eBay as easily as before, but, well, I can live without.

Not really. A relatively minor regional squabble that doesnt concern the US or me. Nothing to get ones panties in a wad over IMO.

President Biden is playing it just right, and I approve.
Regional minor squabble. Most of the marbles are in.

Regional minor squabble. Most of the marbles are in.
Proxy "war", nothing we havent seen many times already. Its just like Long Duck Jong firing missiles, then everyone freaks out for a few days like its the end of the world. But its not the end of the world. Hopefully.

Proxy "war", nothing we havent seen many times already. Its just like Long Duck Jong firing missiles, then everyone freaks out for a few days like its the end of the world. But its not the end of the world. Hopefully.
This is a confrontation with the second largest nuclear power.

This is a confrontation with the second largest nuclear power.

So was Afghanistan at one point. I'm just not that concerned or excited. I do not minimize the suffering of Ukraine, thats a damn shame, but excrement does indeed occur as they say.
No need for alarm. imo.

So was Afghanistan at one point. I'm just not that concerned or excited. I do not minimize the suffering of Ukraine, thats a damn shame, but excrement does indeed occur as they say.
No need for alarm. imo.
You do not think we are challenging Russia nuclear power?

You do not think we are challenging Russia nuclear power?
Not any more than we did in Syria or the numerous other conflicts where Russia fought the American proxy, America fought the Russian proxy, or America's proxy and Russia's proxy punched each other a lot.

The main difference, with this conflict, is that Ukraine is absolutely breathtaking when it comes to digital / information / social media warfare.

Back
Top Bottom