• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Guy got to go!!!!

who do you believe Trump or U.S. Intel

• Trump

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • U.S. Intel and U.S. Armed Forces

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters

plutonium

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ok folks simple question!!! do you believe the United States intelligence agency reports on the state of our enemies, or do you believe Trump version.

How do you feel about Trump questioning and saying the U.S. intelligence need to go back to school because Trump knows better. just want to know how can trump know better than people that have been doing this for decades with agents in the field.. Trump is very disrespectful to the United States government . period. and we all know most of the people he is talking down and belittling about are republican veterans.....Wow!!!

Last edited:
Ok folks simple question!!! do you believe the United States intelligence agency reports on the state of our enemies, or do you believe Trump version.

How do you feel about Trump questioning and saying the U.S. intelligence need to go back to school because Trump knows better. just want to know how can trump know better than people that have been doing this for decades with agents in the field.. Trump is very disrespectful to the United States government . period. and we all know most of the people he is talking down and belittling about are republican veterans.....Wow!!!

Our military has been mostly failing ever since WW2.....I dont assume either competence or honesty..... and really who after The Pentagon Papers would ever assume honesty?

thought they did pretty well in iraq.....Just saying but know one is perfect!!

Do you remember when our great intelligence got it dead wrong when they came out and said Iraq had WMD. Their great hard working people but even the best can make mistakes.

The real test is who reports to who. I don't think the President with a compendium of all reports is less able to make an informed opinion than any single Intel agency that reports up to him.. That is part of the problem, isn't it? There are contradictory opinions emanating from the different agency's. That sort of begs the question, why so many different agencies?
I genuinely believe, an independent thinking Civilian President is less apt to go to war, than one who trusts the Military industrial complex. Which goes to your post that the CIA got Iraq all wrong. That agency was played like a nickel pin ball machine by a tin pot dictator. I honestly believe that President Trump would not have pursued such a pointless and terribly expensive war, both in treasury, but immeasurably so when weighing the loss of our great troops.
Regards,
CP

Last edited:
The real test is who reports to who. I don't think the President with a compendium of all reports is less able to make an informed opinion than any single Intel agency that reports up to him.. That is part of the problem, isn't it? There are contradictory opinions emanating from the different agency's. That sort of begs the question, why so many different agencies?
Regards,
CP

Stunning lack of understanding in this post.

I am not even gonna bother.

Peace out.

Trump is to be believed of course. He who knows more than all his generals!

He who said Mexico would pay for the wall. He who said it's snowing so climate change can't be real.

He who said he didn't pay Stormy. He who said he believed KGB Colonel Putin.

He who is the stable genius!

Poll: who do you believe Trump or U.S. Intel

I see 4 people said Trump.

I have a serious question, are these 4 people serious?

If so, how on earth do you bastardize reason to come to this conclusion?

Trump has got to go and we cannot wait 2 years without risking serious long term effects to our security as a nation. Trump is a Russian asset and the GOP is complicit.

Simple. Politician = Liar.

You cant go wrong 90% of the time and a substantially higher percentage with Trump.

I foolishly voted Trump without reading the question. Hopefully the others made the same mistake.

Our military has been mostly failing ever since WW2.....I dont assume either competence or honesty..... and really who after The Pentagon Papers would ever assume honesty?

1st real challenge was Korea. We stomped the N. Korean team flat and held the Chinese. Pretty damn good in China's backyard.

2nd was Desert Storm. Unmitigated slaughter of the Iraqi army and air-force.

3rd Invasion of Iraq. Unmitigated slaughter of the Iraqi army. Post war **** ups do not detract from the win.

1st real challenge was Korea. We stomped the N. Korean team flat and held the Chinese. Pretty damn good in China's backyard.

3rd Invasion of Iraq. Unmitigated slaughter of the Iraqi army. Post war **** ups do not detract from the win.

I dunno.... the Chinese kicked us almost off the Korean peninsula. I'd call that fight a draw at best.

As for Iraq......yeah, we're pretty darn good against some Third World backwater using old Russian equipment. We weren't so good at occupation, though.

Some people think Afghanistan has been a BIG success. I dunno..... lots of American dead and nothing to show....

We had quite a victory down there in Granada, and don't forget our conquest of Panama.

But Iran sort of showed us up. We kinda flubbed that big rescue mission...

Didn't do so good in Vietnam. That Li' Bit of a country kicked our ....well...you know what.

I can't wait for the next intervention; will it be Venezuela? The Ukraine? North Korea?

Do you remember when our great intelligence got it dead wrong when they came out and said Iraq had WMD. Their great hard working people but even the best can make mistakes.

Nope, because that is not how it happened, at all.

That few years after WW2 Korea should have been no trouble.

We had huge troubles, and we did not win.

Also, Iraq barely bothered to fght.

That was a "Walk In".

Not a Win.

Trump has got to go and we cannot wait 2 years without risking serious long term effects to our security as a nation. Trump is a Russian asset and the GOP is complicit.

Sorry. You will wait at least 2 years. If you think that's gonna be tough, I don't know how in the world you will make it till 2024. Deep breathing exercise, maybe?
Regards,
CP

Every intel agency in the world made that mistake because Saddam was faking a WMD program to dissuade Iran.

Why believe either?

1. The U.S. Intelligence Community has been wrong before. Pearl Harbor, the Chinese pushing across the Yalu River, the Indian nuclear tests, and Iraqi WMD programs all come to mind.

2. That being said, the notion that Trump knows more than the IC does on Iran is.... extremely unlikely.

3. That being said, being disrespectful to the U.S. government is fine. It's hardly sacrosanct; quite the opposite. I've worked in the USG, and you'll find few people more jaded about it's ability to function efficiently or well than those inside it.

people like concernedpuma advocate this kind of abuse, church goers no doubt

1. The U.S. Intelligence Community has been wrong before. Pearl Harbor, the Chinese pushing across the Yalu River, the Indian nuclear tests, and Iraqi WMD programs all come to mind.

2. That being said, the notion that Trump knows more than the IC does on Iran is.... extremely unlikely.

3. That being said, being disrespectful to the U.S. government is fine. It's hardly sacrosanct; quite the opposite. I've worked in the USG, and you'll find few people more jaded about it's ability to function efficiently or well than those inside it.

How was the ‘intelligence community,’ such as it was, wrong re. Pearl Harbor?

The "intelligence community" screwed over Jack Kennedy pretty bad about Cuba and he never trusted them much after that.
Just a little historical context.
Sometimes the "experts" have their own agenda and "advise" you to go the way they would like you to.

Remember all those weapons of mass destruction Sadam had over there in Iraq?
Yet another "intelligence community" agenda driven program.

I would take the word of the international opium smugglers for a realistic analysis of hotbed issues in the world than our own agenda drive CIA and others.
They know what is really going on in places.

Neither, though there was no OTHER option.

The sitting president does not pull intel out of his/her ass.
They go by what they are told.
many times what they are told is a lie.

How was the ‘intelligence community,’ such as it was, wrong re. Pearl Harbor?
Strategic Surprise is considered an intelligence failure. In the case of Pearl Harbor, as I understand it, the failure to provide warning was a result of unfortunate information management; warning laid, as-yet-untranslated, in our holdings.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom