• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Graphic Says It All

digitusmedius

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 10.23.22 AM.jpg

Yeah, there was no blue wave---more like a blue tsunami. And there are still at least 5 elections that have not been decided, with 2 of them have Democrats leading incumbent Republicans. I believe the current total gain for Dems is 39 seats and with just 2 more will exceed the number of Republican seats in the current Congress.

View attachment 67244397

Yeah, there was no blue wave---more like a blue tsunami. And there are still at least 5 elections that have not been decided, with 2 of them have Democrats leading incumbent Republicans. I believe the current total gain for Dems is 39 seats and with just 2 more will exceed the number of Republican seats in the current Congress.

Is the Senate still red?
Yes?
Awwwwwwwwwww too bad.

View attachment 67244397

Makes me think more and more that every election is rigged for the democrats.

View attachment 67244397

Is the Senate still red?
Yes?
Awwwwwwwwwww too bad.
We are seeing a struggle between "people" vs "geography", here.

Take your pick, as to who's side your on.

If "rigging" mean more voters, more popular, and majority votes cast - then yeah, it's rigged! :2razz:

Flipping all of Orange County is no small deal. Orange County is the Conservative center for the greater LA/Orange area. It has, in fact, more Conservatives to Liberals than any other city or county in the state.

Is the Senate still red?
Yes?
Awwwwwwwwwww too bad.

This seems quite difficult for you. Since you apparently missed it, the topic of this thread isn't the senate, but rather the hugely historical shift of once deeply conservative Orange County to blue.

Super glad I could help you out with that.

If "rigging" mean more voters, more popular, and majority votes cast - then yeah, it's rigged! :2razz:

That's apparently the rightwing definition: whenever we lose it was rigged!!! Wahhhhhhhh:cry::cry: And just watch how fast that "hey, the Dems are trying steal the FL elections by counting all the votes" changes to "see, we told ya that counting all the votes would prove we won!!!" It's never rigged when they win, only wing the lose.

(these is the same crowd that blames the refs if their team loses)

Last edited:

Yeah, because OC is well known to be a Dem stonghold......wow, you people cannot handle losing. Every time turns into a massive sob fest and tantrum.

That's apparently the rightwing definition: whenever we lose it was rigged!!! Wahhhhhhhh:cry::cry: And just watch how fast that "hey, the Dems are trying steal the FL elections by counting all the votes" changes to "see, we told ya that counting all the votes would prove we won!!!" It's never rigged when they win, only wing the lose.

(these is the same crowd that blames the refs if their team loses)
"It's rigged, because there's more of them than us!" :lamo

Is the Senate still red?
Yes?
Awwwwwwwwwww too bad.

Interesting you bring that up. In a year when Repubs should have been able to pick up 5 (MT, ND, MO, FL, IN) and keep 2 (AZ, NV) they only managed to net 1 (ND+MO+FL+IN - NV+AZ+MT). So, Dems clearly avoided disaster the Repubs were counting on.

This seems quite difficult for you. Since you apparently missed it, the topic of this thread isn't the senate, but rather the hugely historical shift of once deeply conservative Orange County to blue.

Super glad I could help you out with that.

PFFFFT. Shifts happen. I remember back in 2008 when liberals thought they wer going to foist their execrable agenda on us forever. How'd that work out? {LAFF}

And now you think a shift further to the left is going to be the answer. You just watch how THAT works out.

Interesting you bring that up. In a year when Repubs should have been able to pick up 5 (MT, ND, MO, FL, IN) and keep 2 (AZ, NV) they only managed to net 1 (ND+MO+FL+IN - NV+AZ+MT). So, Dems clearly avoided disaster the Repubs were counting on.

they had a better than 50/50 shot of taking the Senate until they completely acted like a-holes during the Kavanaugh hearing .

Who rigged it? And how? And why didn't it work in the previous elections when republicans took control of the house, senate, and presidency? Is it possible that those were rigged for the republicans?

PFFFFT. Shifts happen. I remember back in 2008 when liberals thought they wer going to foist their execrable agenda on us forever. How'd that work out? {LAFF}

And now you think a shift further to the left is going to be the answer. You just watch how THAT works out.

Yawn. Remember Karl Rove's "Permanent Republican majority"? Yeah, sort of shows how empty your whining is.

Fair is fair.

It was, indeed, a blue tsunami.

It appears that Orange County (near Los Angeles and the birthplace of Richard Nixon) will no longer have even a single Republican Congressperson! Because of "demographic changes," Orange County is now blue, blue, blue.

I picked up my (print) copy of the Los Angeles Times this morning and read on the front page this headline (which, of course, warmed the cockles of every Democrat): CALIFORNIA GOP IS DRIFTING CLOSER TO IRRELEVANCE.

The article quotes a former Republican bigwig who opines that the state GOP is dead. (Dead! Dead! Dead!)

Yup! Impartial observers agree: There are now two nations: The Democratic cities and suburbs; the Republican countryside. So you know which side is going to win out.

Congratulations, Democrats. Your grandchildren's grandchildren will be living in a country (if it still exists in its current form) that you helped to create. You must be very proud of yourselves.

After eight years of promises and in control of Congress and the White House, Republicans failed to repeal and replace.

2008?......Too funny...Try to keep up.....Nice to see all those conservative old white men (and 1 old white woman) sent packing...........In 2018

Last edited:
View attachment 67244397

I agree it was a blue wave but it wasn't a tsunami. The democrats lost a lot of senate races in swing states, and a lot of democratic incumbents in the senate lost their seats in 2018. 2010 is an example of a tsunami. The Republicans went from 179 seats to 242 seats house seats and from 41 senate seats to 47. In 2018 democrats went from 193 seats to 231, and from 49 senate seats down to 47. The Republicans still hold every level of government except the house now, they have a majority of the governorship, state legislatures, and the Senate.

Would that something made you bother to look to see whether there's a simple and straightforward explanation, one such as there merely being more people who are or who lean Democratic...But that would take more effort than does abducting your way to whatever conclusion bestills your stone heart.

Poor Trump, did his best to energize the base...put out all the fear, hate, and racism he could muster...thinking his base is largely composed of cowardly racists apparently.

It undoubtedly energized them, but we discovered there just aren't enough cowardly racists in the USA.

Trump’s Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

I look at that as a good thing, although obviously Trump must hate it. What do you think, good or bad?

Back
Top Bottom