• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Gives Trump The Power To Declare A National Emergency

:lol: Really?

I can't speak for Tiger but it was pretty obvious he was noting that since you are okay with Presidents having the power to declare a national emergency when there is no emergency, you should still be okay with it when it's something you are against.

It is an emergency when caravans full of thousands of people with zero vetting come to our border and then hundreds of those same people who have also not been vetted storm our border trying to enter illegally. Just because we have let it happen before without declaring it was an emergency doesn't mean it isn't a national emergency. It's just that before no one (Democrats) has had the balls to do anything about it.

I'm interested in all options, including a wall. It is Democrats who have totally convinced my that a wall will be extremely beneficial. That's why they are so against it. They aren't against it because of the money. They have no problem at all spending 5 billion dollars.

Trump's wall will cost 50 billion at least and accomplish little. Tell me more about how you support this.

It is an emergency when caravans full of thousands of people with zero vetting come to our border and then hundreds of those same people who have also not been vetted storm our border trying to enter illegally. Just because we have let it happen before without declaring it was an emergency doesn't mean it isn't a national emergency. It's just that before no one (Democrats) has had the balls to do anything about it.

I love how you point out the Democrats had no balls to do anything about it like the Republicans have never had a majority at any time in the past couple decades, not to mention four months ago when they were in charge and did nothing about the last caravan.

How "moderate" to just call out one side when both are equally to blame.

When thousands of people (and you don't even know who they are) try storming over the US border illegally, yes, that is a national emergency, especially when we don't have the facilities to take care of those who make it.

When was the last time “THOUSANDS of people stormed OVER our boarder, or hundreds, or any?

Wasn’t it just a couple weeks ago that there was a big hullabaloo over people from the last “caravan” getting trapped in Mexico because tRump wouldn’t let them in?

Looks like our boarder patrol is dealing with IT just fine.

Caravan that presents itself every year, for decades, at a legal border checkpoint became a national security crisis... today. And this justifies building a wall.

Goddamn you right wingers are terrified of brown people.

There have been like three caravans in just the last couple of months.

Trump's wall will cost 50 billion at least and accomplish little. Tell me more about how you support this.

Obama built a wall. Democrats refuse to let Trump build even an inch.

I love how you point out the Democrats had no balls to do anything about it like the Republicans have never had a majority at any time in the past couple decades, not to mention four months ago when they were in charge and did nothing about the last caravan.

How "moderate" to just call out one side when both are equally to blame.

I don't recall Republicans ever having a majority. You need 60 votes in the Senate to have a majority. But, please explain to me how the highly liberal Ginsburg got appointed to the Supreme Court 96-3 and Democrats refuse to vote for Republican nominees to the Court. They are proving themselves nothing but a total resistance.

I don't recall Republicans ever having a majority. You need 60 votes in the Senate to have a majority. But, please explain to me how the highly liberal Ginsburg got appointed to the Supreme Court 96-3 and Democrats refuse to vote for Republican nominees to the Court. They are proving themselves nothing but a total resistance.

Sure, the GOP had the majority of the house and senate for the 115th congress and still could not get any proper and logical immigration reform put out there - because they too have no balls to stand up to their donors who pay good money to keep their cheap labor.

You can say they didn't have the Senate vote all you want but it doesn't excuse their complete lack of trying to do any common sense reform on immigration.

They are invaders - plain and simple.
So then we can arrest anyone that hires them or gives them shelter for treason? At the least as accomplices?

Plain and simple? Cant we punish all those that give 'aid and comfort' to the invaders?

Shouldnt we do that?

Yes? No?

I agree: President Trump should declare an emergency and start building the Wall.

He has waited long enough for Nancy and Chuck, who refuse to make a deal because they want to show how tough they are.

I believe the reports that -- thanks to Nancy and Chuck -- more and more ordinary people are suffering directly or indirectly. Some retail stories, for example, are suffering because their customers do not have money to buy products.

And even some Republican bigwigs are urging him to open the government.

So, you are admitting that that is what the left really wants, to confiscate everyone's guns.

No, I am attempting to educate you as to why the wall is a non-starter.

Clearly you are too much of a partisan hack to grasp the point though.

Where did you read that I applied for, waited for or ever accepted food stamps ... ?!?
:roll:

I'm pointing out that you're basically calling asylum seekers "invaders" because they can qualify for safety nets faster than you did. I.e. your position is emotionally driven and irrational.

As to the strict standards to qualify for asylum in the US, one of them is spousal abuse in a foreign country.
Show up at an entry point with a shiner and claim your "husband" back in Timbuktu did that - and under our strict standards you stand a very good chance of being whisked in into the US of A.
Nope, wrong. Totally wrong.

There is no blanket approval for victims of domestic violence. The victim needs to show that they are threatened by persecution in their home nation on the basis of religion, political views, race, nationality, or social group affiliation -- and that the government isn't doing anything to protect the affected group(s). Further, the applicant has to prove that their home government is unwilling or unable to protect them from their abuser.

Thus, the applicant can't just say "my husband beat me up, let me stay in the US." The applicant has to prove that the abuse is linked to their race, or religion, or social affiliation, and that the government won't do anything about it. (E.g. "I'm a Sunni Muslim, my husband is a Christian, he beats me because of my religion, and I went to the police and filed a report and they refused to help me because I'm a Sunni." Then you have to find a way to prove it to the courts.)

Oh, and don't forget that Jeff Sessions tried to eliminate protections on the basis of domestic violence, a move that is tied up in the courts.

Here is a reader for you of the abuse of our welfare programs by the invaders:
CIS? Seriously? You do know they are a rabid anti-immigrant organization, founded by a white nationalist, who believes that the US should be a “a European-American majority” society? If you didn't immigrate from Europe, then CIS doesn't want you here.

How are their results biased? Let us count the ways.

• "Non-citizen" includes legal residents (green card holder etc), not exclusively undocumented immigrants (who don't qualify for most benefits)
• They select households where the "head of household" is a non-citizen -- e.g. in a conveniently unidentified number of cases, it's the children born in the US who are US citizens, and thus are eligible for and collect benefits.
• They include EITC as "welfare" (it's a tax credit, that you only get when you pay federal taxes on your wages).
• They point out that those non-citizen permanent residents were in the US long enough to qualify (i.e. there goes your "5 years!" whining).
• If I'm reading it correctly, they excluded Social Security. Hmmm.
• Oddly enough, they didn't quantify whether native-born or non-citizen immigrants received more or less in benefits.

Other than that, what they are really saying is that most non-citizen immigrants are not well educated, and poor. I hate to break this to you, but that's not a crime, and it's not a reason to deny someone benefits.

It also doesn't change the basic fact that, as previously mentioned, safety nets in the US suck. No one is getting rich off of food stamps in the US.

So they're all gonna get together and charge the border all at once?

Or were you just indulging in hyperbole?

LOL. They all come here at once. They got literally hundreds to charge the border all at once. They have had thousands all charge the border at once to get into Mexico. It is naive to think it will never happen here. I think we should shoot live bullets at them if they charge the border and let the word get out.

No, I am attempting to educate you as to why the wall is a non-starter.

Clearly you are too much of a partisan hack to grasp the point though.

The partisan hacks are those who refuse to give Trump even one dollar for a wall and they are total and complete liars for asking Trump to stop the government shutdown and then negotiate the wall later when they are already on record as saying they will NOT negotiate.

LOL. They all come here at once. They got literally hundreds to charge the border all at once. They have had thousands all charge the border at once to get into Mexico. It is naive to think it will never happen here. I think we should shoot live bullets at them if they charge the border and let the word get out.

Have you got a link for thousands charging the border?

A wall has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever proposed as a solution that solves nothing with respect to the real problem of illegal immigration.

bingo
nobody can address that fact and its hilarious

Back
Top Bottom