• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This gets my vote for best political ad of the year.

"Democratic Plantation" is right. Long-term and perpetual welfare is the sugar coated poison pill that Democrats used to pretend that they're friends of black Americans. What was it LBJ said about securing their votes for the next 200 years? With "friends" like that...

The majority of blacks aren't on welfare.

It's rhetoric like this that will doom you guys nationally down the line.

I can't remember ever seeing a better, more effective political ad than this one... It's an ad from Maryland congressional candidate Kimberly Klacik, who's running to fill Elijah Cummings' 7th District seat in Balitimore.

If every Republican candidate running for office in a major city ran ads like this, the political landscape would start shifting in democrat controlled cities like Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, New York, etc...

Check this out:

If you want to learn more about this woman, she did an interview tonight on the Ingraham Angle:

Link
Do you really believe this ad is targetted towards the people who will vote in her election?

It's not. It's targetted towards right-wingers such as yourself, who've likely never set foot in Baltimore.

She knows she's going to lose, and lose badly. She's thinking about her future.

As a political add for a person to get themselves a position in government it is a ****ing disgrace.

What's a disgrace is the condition Baltimore is in after 53 years of democratic control.

She gave not one hint as to how she would do any better.

It's a local election, not a national one, so did you ever consider that she has run other ads in Baltimore, that she's made many speeches, and done many interviews on TV, radio, and in the print media where she just might have talked about her her policy positions and actions she wants to take?

That was a powerful ad period. It was a devastating indictment of the democratic party who have controlled that city for more than half a century.

"Democratic Plantation" is right. Long-term and perpetual welfare is the sugar coated poison pill that Democrats used to pretend that they're friends of black Americans. What was it LBJ said about securing their votes for the next 200 years? With "friends" like that...

Is the ugliness the point with your post, or do you really not get it?

Welfare is available to anyone of any race. When you talk about a "Democratic Plantation" - black people being trapped into voting blue - you are necessarily stating that black people are inherently inferior in a way that makes them susceptible to possible safety net help whereas white people and others are not susceptible. The concept does not work otherwise.

Talking about black people as being on a "Democratic Plantation" is about as racist as it gets.

The majority of blacks aren't on welfare.

It's rhetoric like this that will doom you guys nationally down the line.
I was talking about impoverished inner-city black Americans, living in project housing and having kids they can't take care of for the purpose of increasing their benefits. I ask myself, why are so many still stuck there in hopelessness? It's a toxic cycle that feeds itself, and perpetual dependence on welfare programs (among other things of course) only serves to further the status quo.

Is the ugliness the point with your post, or do you really not get it?

Welfare is available to anyone of any race. When you talk about a "Democratic Plantation" - black people being trapped into voting blue - you are necessarily stating that black people are inherently inferior in a way that makes them susceptible to possible safety net help whereas white people and others are not susceptible. The concept does not work otherwise.

Talking about black people as being on a "Democratic Plantation" is about as racist as it gets.
Here's a black author saying essentially the same thing I am. Is he an ugly racist too then?

Robot Check

She didn't say that all the problems in Baltimore are the democrats fault. She merely showed the results of their leadership.

Here's what she claimed in the ad about Baltimore:

has a crumbling infrastructure
many abandoned homes
high poverty
high crime rate
it's been run by the Democrat Party for 53 years
is one of the top five most dangerous cities in America
the murder rate is 10 times the US average
poverty rate is over 20%
homicide drug and alcohol deaths are skyrocketing
vast majority of crime in the city perpetrated against black people
black people make up 60% of the population

Those were the claims she made... Do you disagree with any of them?

Everything else was her opinion, like when she said the Democratic party has betrayed the black people of Baltimore and that the worst place for a black person to live in America is a democrat-controlled city.

Like I said in my original response, the ad is a good one but it did not supply any solutions. It was all blame and it was blame against the Democrats.

Yes, her contentions about the conditions there are correct and if she would have said something like "I offer a different approach" it would have been a great ad. Nonetheless, she didn't and she made the ad about her being a Republican and simply getting the Democrats out, who have been in charge. She named no names...........she only mentioned parties and that is BS. The Democrats have done their best. In my humble (but limited knowledge) opinion, I believe Cummings is a good man and cares about the people but has found a problem extremely difficult to solve.

As such, it was a BS ad. Like all cons and lies that work, there is always a bit of truth involved in the con. Otherwise, people would not get conned.

Do you really believe this ad is targetted towards the people who will vote in her election?

Are you joking? Baltimore is 60% black and the neighborhoods she was walking through are where the voters in her district live in or around. Of course it was targeted for them.

That's not a nationwide ad, it's an ad that's being run on local TV stations in Baltimore, like WBAL, WJZ, WMAR and channel 45 (don't remember their call letters).

It's targetted towards right-wingers such as yourself, who've likely never set foot in Baltimore.

Are you saying only right wingers care about the condition of the city, and that the black people who live there don't give a damn about it?

I have no doubt she is going to lose. You can't change peoples voting habits over night, but if republicans keep running ads like this you'll start seeing the political landscape shift over time in cities like Baltimore.

I was talking about impoverished inner-city black Americans, living in project housing and having kids they can't take care of for the purpose of increasing their benefits. I ask myself, why are so many still stuck there in hopelessness? It's a toxic cycle that feeds itself, and perpetual dependence on welfare programs (among other things of course) only serves to further the status quo.

What particular GOP policies would change anything? I mean, the GOP can't even run the country, so how would they help "inner cities"?

Are you joking? Baltimore is 60% black and the neighborhoods she was walking through are where the voters in her district live in or around. Of course it was targeted for them.

That's not a nationwide ad, it's an ad that's being run on local TV stations in Baltimore, like WBAL, WJZ, WMAR and channel 45 (don't remember their call letters).

Welcome to the 21st century. She's pretty much counting on it going viral with you guys. This thread is evidence that it worked.

Are you saying only right wingers care about the condition of the city, and that the black people who live there don't give a damn about it?

No, I'm saying the only people who think that ad is "effective" are right-wingers.

I have no doubt she is going to lose. You can't change peoples voting habits over night, but if republicans keep running ads like this you'll start seeing the political landscape shift over time in cities like Baltimore.

No, we won't. But it is entertaining to watch.

Like I said in my original response, the ad is a good one but it did not supply any solutions. It was all blame and it was blame against the Democrats.

Yes, her contentions about the conditions there are correct and if she would have said something like "I offer a different approach" it would have been a great ad. Nonetheless, she didn't and she made the ad about her being a Republican and simply getting the Democrats out, who have been in charge. She named no names...........she only mentioned parties and that is BS. The Democrats have done their best. In my humble (but limited knowledge) opinion, I believe Cummings is a good man and cares about the people but has found a problem extremely difficult to solve.

As such, it was a BS ad. Like all cons and lies that work, there is always a bit of truth involved in the con. Otherwise, people would not get conned.

I understand that your claim that the ad was "BS" was based on it not meeting your personal standards of what a political ad should be, and I accept that.

However, your response does not substantiate your claim that the ad contained "misinformation". In fact it seems to say quite the opposite. She listed facts about Baltimore and showed first hand the condition of certain parts of the city, followed by her opinion om the living conditions for black people in inner cities and the correlation between that condition and the decades of one party control over those cities. There was nothing dishonest about what she said, and nothing that would qualify as "misinformation".

She will do better this time. Probably not win. Hope Trump invites her to speak at the GOP

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Do better based on what? Wishes? Only 16% of the voters in the district are registered as republicans...

It's not. It's targetted towards right-wingers such as yourself, who've likely never set foot in Baltimore.

Take a look at her LinkedIn profile... Can you guess what job she is REALLY applying for?

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 3.00.08 PM.jpg

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-klacik-58598a66

Welcome to the 21st century. She's pretty much counting on it going viral with you guys. This thread is evidence that it worked.

No, I'm saying the only people who think that ad is "effective" are right-wingers.

No, we won't. But it is entertaining to watch.

I see... You and the people living in inner cities like Baltimore don't give a damn about how run down, drug infested, or crime ridden their neighborhoods are, and will continue electing the political party that has failed to improve those neighborhoods for more than half a century.

I sure hope you don't speak for the people of Baltimore, because that would be tragic if they gave up the way you have.

I understand that your claim that the ad was "BS" was based on it not meeting your personal standards of what a political ad should be, and I accept that.

However, your response does not substantiate your claim that the ad contained "misinformation". In fact it seems to say quite the opposite. She listed facts about Baltimore and showed first hand the condition of certain parts of the city, followed by her opinion om the living conditions for black people in inner cities and the correlation between that condition and the decades of one party control over those cities. There was nothing dishonest about what she said, and nothing that would qualify as "misinformation".

Misinformation:

"the people that run Baltimore don't care"
"the Democrats have betrayed the people of Baltimore"
"If the politicians walked the streets like I do" (I know for a fact that Elijah Cummings has walked the streets like she is doing)
"Defund the police is not something the Democrats are calling for" (DeSousa, the previous police commissioner was the one calling for that).
"The worst place to live in America for a Black person is in a Democrat controlled city"
"Democrats think Black People are stupid" That is total misinformation because the Democrat Party (60% of the people in the party are non-white. Many leaders of the party are Black

All of those statements in her video are misinformation.

Maybe, maybe not. Its not a forgone conclusion.

LMAO... I guess there is always the possibility of the other candidate getting hit with a truck or something.... Heck, just look at where her campaign contributors are located... Out of 211 contributions, only 44 came from contributors in the state of Maryland... :2razz:

Browse Receipts
| FEC

Full of statistical BS. The poorest counties in the country are Republican controlled.

What solutions do Republicans offer Blacks in Baltimore? Lower taxes? Cutting welfare? Ending ObamaCare? Supporting police brutality? More guns in the community?

Give me a break.

Down in conservative land after Republicans slashed the budget and gave away tas cuts, schools can't even stay open 5 days a week

With state budget in crisis, many Oklahoma schools hold classes four days a week
So ****ing typical of the impotent leftist response. The Rat party has controlled every aspect of the governing of Baltimore since 1967, and with the exception of 1 republican mayor that goes all the way back to 1947. They have controlled the mayors office, the City Council, the budget, the DAs office, the education system, the housing authority, the economic development...and have literally turned the city into a rat infested ****hole. And YOUR response to their complete and total abject failure and the destruction of the black communities in Baltimore is "but what about the REPUBLICANS".

Its no wonder every major city ion this country is ****ed. YOU did that.

I can't remember ever seeing a better, more effective political ad than this one... It's an ad from Maryland congressional candidate Kimberly Klacik, who's running to fill Elijah Cummings' 7th District seat in Balitimore.

If every Republican candidate running for office in a major city ran ads like this, the political landscape would start shifting in democrat controlled cities like Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, New York, etc...

Check this out:

If you want to learn more about this woman, she did an interview tonight on the Ingraham Angle:

Link

Very powerful. She's got my vote and I don't even live in Baltimore. I'll just use one of those ballots Dems want to mail out and return it. They'll never know it was me because they won't check my ID. Seriously though, you are correct, this is a very great ad. I'd love to see her competition try attacking her for it.

Full of statistical BS. The poorest counties in the country are Republican controlled.

What solutions do Republicans offer Blacks in Baltimore? Lower taxes? Cutting welfare? Ending ObamaCare? Supporting police brutality? More guns in the community?

Give me a break.

Down in conservative land after Republicans slashed the budget and gave away tas cuts, schools can't even stay open 5 days a week

With state budget in crisis, many Oklahoma schools hold classes four days a week

Ummmmmmmm, Democrats have been in charge in these big cities like Baltimore for decades. What have they done?

If republicans ran the blue cities, they would ignore the poor.

At most republicans would give the poor some advice like, "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps."

Democrats keep them in never ending cycle of poverty for generations. Democrats don't give them any incentive to change that.

That is one of the most pathetic political add i have ever seen. All she did was run baltimore down and then suggest she could do better. But without giving even a hint as to how. American politics are about personality rather policy.

Democrats have been in charge in these cities for decades. What have they done?

This is what Black Baltimore looks like.

No. This is what some of Baltimore looks like. Most blacks in Baltimore don’t live like that. Besides she is showing boarded up housing where no one lives. Very disingenuous of her. Also, it should be illegal to run for an office in which she does not live. She lives in Middle River Maryland and lived there most of her life

What particular GOP policies would change anything? I mean, the GOP can't even run the country, so how would they help "inner cities"?
I did criticize a Democrat policy, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to sell the GOP. :)

It's an incredibly complicated problem that I think will require efforts by both sides (government and individuals). More opportunities and more desire to capitalize on them. Less prejudice when hiring black Americans, and less prejudice among themselves for trying to get out. End the drug war and mass incarceration. Build trade skill schools that are subsidized so attendees can be paid to learn a bread winning skill. The list goes on, but things like that would be a good start.

Back
Top Bottom