• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Florida mother has been living in her teen daughter’s ICU room for days, praying she survives Covid-19

The left also does not seem to care about the covid super spreader event at the southern border that preceded the latest surge.

Somehow it only seemed to effect TX and FL. Kinda weird don't you think?

How is this the governor's fault? There is no law against wearing a mask or getting the vaccine. Did the governor not hold the mother's hand before she was infected?
By policy and by example. When you guys go the literal route and expect us to take your point serious, that's when we know we've won the argument.

A Dumbass personified

The left also does not seem to care about the covid super spreader event at the southern border that preceded the latest surge.
lol....another brilliant post from ObamacareFail er DopeyJoeIsSenile. Well, at least the nonsense is consistent, regardless the SN.

The reason why no one really takes you seriously is largely due to your lack of understanding on how things work.

It is always amusing when someone claims they are everyone. lol

Do you have anything to say on the topic of this thread?

And many parents in many ICU rooms are worried about their kid for many reasons. A parent might be in an ICU room with a child overdosed with Fentanol wondering why Biden wont stop drugs from coming across the border. There is zero evidence masks do any good whatsoever. He is right to mock the anti-science CDC. By the way it seems to me Joe Biden gets his jollies by killing people with corona. He makes no effort im aware of to stop illegal aliens infected with corona. In fact he gleefully ships them all around the country. Joe Biden may indeed be the king of corona murder.

After cancer and COPD, medical mistakes at the leading cause of preventable death in the USA. When I would leave a loved one unattended in a hospital - and not doing the 3rd degree questioning before anything is injected into their IV or given any drug is never. The largest collection of killers are in hospitals. Many treat patients like cattle - non-rich ones anyway.

From that picture she looks to be morbidly obese for a teenager. Not surprisingly...people have been told for a year and a half that people with co-morbid ailments are vulnerable to potentially fatal illnesses.

But before we close the book on the leftist propaganda effort, care to take a guess at how many people aged 15-24 died of influenza in 2017?

We get it. Share the few sad stories to push your agenda. Its a fairly common ploy.

Sure its about attacking DeSantis. Why is that even a question. The guy is dangerously incompetent and killing off his state by trying to act like he knows more than all the doctors and scientists. Why are you offended by that fact?

I can see the gears in your head already spinning atrying to find some way to make that fact seem like just political opinion. It's not. He literally took a gamble and lost- the problem is he gambled with other people's lives. If his state was doing well I am sure you would be here telling us how great he was for making those decisions. But it's not. Sorry. Reality is sometimes harsh.
Thats just a dumb and hackish take that is free of any facts whatsoever. Here are some facts that will destroy your hackish narrative:
The death rate in Florida for the Covid virus is 181 per 100,000. They are in the middle of the pack as far as that goes. Here are some other names though:

New Jersey 299
New York 274
Massachusetts 262
Rhode Island 259
Connecticut 232
Pennsylvania 217
Michigan 212
Illinois 204

Those states have 3 things in common: 1) they are all Blue States 2) They all did way worse than Florida 3) you dont criticize any of them or their leadership

Those are facts. That is reality. Reality is sometimes harsh.

Why on Earth is this the governors fault??? The girl is 15. The vaccine has been available for people her age to take for over a month. Getting this child vaccinated was the mothers responsibility, not the governors. Stop politicizing everything.
As you are apparently a Republican and Trump supporter, that is just a crazy thing for you to write. Trump and the Republican Party (with a couple of notable exceptions) have, since day one, lied about and politicized Covid. They still are. "It's not going to spread. The danger is overblown. Masks don't work. You don't need to social distance. It only affects old people. Wait on the vaccine."

Do you think that De Santis has been at the forefront of strict Covid policies? Jesus Christ, just the other day at the ALEC conference he mocked the CDC's mask mandates. Local officials and school districts across Florida are ignoring or challenging his anti-mandate coronavirus "strategy" because infections are spiking. They actually care more about their constituents than their political aspirations.

He's either an idiot who learned nothing from 2020, or he just doesn't give a flying ****. I read the article. This girl is dying and her mother is not blaming De Santis. She's imploring him, as the head of the state government, to encourage people to wear masks and to take the vaccine. That's not politicizing, it's asking him to act in the goddam public interest of the people he is supposed to be serving. And the fact that you don't see that is just ****ed up.

As you are apparently a Republican and Trump supporter, that is just a crazy thing for you to write. Trump and the Republican Party (with a couple of notable exceptions) have, since day one, lied about and politicized Covid. They still are. "It's not going to spread. The danger is overblown. Masks don't work. You don't need to social distance. It only affects old people. Wait on the vaccine."

Do you think that De Santis has been at the forefront of strict Covid policies? Jesus Christ, just the other day at the ALEC conference he mocked the CDC's mask mandates. Local officials and school districts across Florida are ignoring or challenging his anti-mandate coronavirus "strategy" because infections are spiking. They actually care more about their constituents than their political aspirations.

He's either an idiot who learned nothing from 2020, or he just doesn't give a flying ****. I read the article. This girl is dying and her mother is not blaming De Santis. She's imploring him, as the head of the state government, to encourage people to wear masks and to take the vaccine. That's not politicizing, it's asking him to act in the goddam public interest of the people he is supposed to be serving. And the fact that you don't see that is just ****ed up.
It is the mothers responsibility to get her child vaccinated. Desantis has nothing to do with it. Period. None of your ranting and anger will change that

Nationwide only 11% of children under the age of 18 are fully vaccinated. That tells me that there are a whole bunch of sanctimonious liberals who have not gotten their children vaccinated. Your last sentence is just stupid.
Well that is just the stupidest use of statistics I've seen in a while. Under the age of 18 is meaningless, since no one under 12 can get the vaccine. What's the percentage between 12 and 18? It's apparently hard for you, but why not at least have an honest discourse? Is it because you can take time away from politicizing? Of course it is, and that's also why you didn't post a source. Because it would reveal how out of context your number is.

I took me 10 seconds to find this from July 14th.
"When broken down by age group, the latest CDC data shows that 33% of 12-15-year-olds have received one shot. Just 25% are considered fully vaccinated – the lowest number for any age category that has been authorized to receive the vaccine.
For the 16-17 age group, 45% have had at least one shot and 37% are considered fully vaccinated. Those same numbers for the 18-24 age category are 50% and 41%, respectively."

You also ignored the fact that kids are supposed to wait one month between shots, as opposed to just two weeks for adults. So there is a lag time.

You're like that douchnozzle who claimed that grieving parents at Sandyhook were "actors".

Well that is just the stupidest use of statistics I've seen in a while. Under the age of 18 is meaningless, since no one under 12 can get the vaccine. What's the percentage between 12 and 18? It's apparently hard for you, but why not at least have an honest discourse? Is it because you can take time away from politicizing? Of course it is, and that's also why you didn't post a source. Because it would reveal how out of context your number is.

I took me 10 seconds to find this from July 14th.
"When broken down by age group, the latest CDC data shows that 33% of 12-15-year-olds have received one shot. Just 25% are considered fully vaccinated – the lowest number for any age category that has been authorized to receive the vaccine.
For the 16-17 age group, 45% have had at least one shot and 37% are considered fully vaccinated. Those same numbers for the 18-24 age category are 50% and 41%, respectively."

You also ignored the fact that kids are supposed to wait one month between shots, as opposed to just two weeks for adults. So there is a lag time.

You're like that douchnozzle who claimed that grieving parents at Sandyhook were "actors".
I got the numbers from here:
Take your anger and rage up with them.

It is the mothers responsibility to get her child vaccinated. Desantis has nothing to do with it. Period. None of your ranting and anger will change that

The people spreading disinformation about COVID, vaccines and fighting measure to stop the disease ALL share the blame in how the disease has progressed.

ALL of them.

From that picture she looks to be morbidly obese for a teenager. Not surprisingly...people have been told for a year and a half that people with co-morbid ailments are vulnerable to potentially fatal illnesses.

But before we close the book on the leftist propaganda effort, care to take a guess at how many people aged 15-24 died of influenza in 2017?

We get it. Share the few sad stories to push your agenda. Its a fairly common ploy.
I noticed the morbid obesity in the photo too. Jeeze, only 15 and larger in size than John Goodman. How does that happen, other than poor parenting.

I am not fat shaming this girl, but like you said, she could by dying of diabetes, heart failure, stroke, or like you said, get influenze and die. Obesity is a killer.

I always shake my head when parents allow their kids to do multipe refills of sodapop. Some will drink a gallon if you let them. I remember when a bottle of pop was about 7oz and you only had one. There were never "free refills" anywhere.

Doing whatever they can for the food industry in spite of the obesity epidemic are also a Republican policy of choice.

The people spreading disinformation about COVID, vaccines and fighting measure to stop the disease ALL share the blame in how the disease has progressed.

ALL of them.
Bull****

If only they would put 50 covid-19 positive migrants in the room with her she'd probably be ok.
holy crap. a kid is struggling to live and THAT'S what you post.

dude. talk to an elder.

And you lied about her politicizing it. Nothing you say will change that. Nice empathy by the way.
I got the numbers from here:
Take your anger and rage up with them.
The numbers aren't the problem, it's you misrepresenting them and then claiming that people are being negligent. As I'm sure you're aware, but nice try at deflection.

My anger is with you because you lie and misrepresent constantly. Constantly.

And you lied about her politicizing it. Nothing you say will change that. Nice empathy by the way.
You cant read. I didnt criticize the mother for politicizing it, I criticized the OP and the other dishonest leftists here for doing so. Try and pay attention and you might be less angry.

The numbers aren't the problem, it's you misrepresenting them and then claiming that people are being negligent. As I'm sure you're aware, but nice try at deflection.

My anger is with you because you lie and misrepresent constantly. Constantly.
I didnt misrepresent anything. I took the numbers as they appeared. Dont like it? Take it up with them.

Bingo! This exactly what I thought too. All of the information to make informed choices is already out there for intelligent people to weigh. This mother elected to make a choice for her own daughter, and now wants to blame someone else by claiming the Governor of Florida didn't push hard enough to convince people like this family to make a decision, so now is what, the Governor's fault?

Sorry, doesn't work that way. And the fact that from the photos, that this 15 year old girl is morbidly obese, that despite her young age (something which normally works in favor of unvaccinated young people as it applies to covid), this poor girl is EXACTLY in the group of comorbidities which we have known for over a year mean that she should have had the vaccine as soon as it was available to her. But I will go one step further. If this parent had truley been a good parent, and especially with an obese child, the mom should have fought and scratched to get herself and her daughter vaccinated earlier this year, even as early as March or April.

I hope the girl recovers, and is she doesn't I feel bad for a parent who's guilt will haunt them the rest of their lives.
Sucks, maybe she believed Trumpers lies. See, this is why spreading false info is a no no. She probably didn't realize your kind would turn on her in a second but she will now.

Just like Mike found out after the terrorists he served wanted to hang his ass after one sentence from the master n' chief.

Sucks, maybe she believed Trumpers lies. See, this is why spreading false info is a no no. She probably didn't realize your kind would turn on her in a second but she will now.

Just like Mike found out after the terrorists he served wanted to hang his ass after one sentence from the master n' chief.

Trumpers are now coming out against old people and fat people, and those with the audacity to get sick (and their loved ones).

I wonder who they think is going to want to be in their death cult later?

Back
Top Bottom