• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This explains things accurately....

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
When I read the words "lets play school" it reminded me of "lets play doctor".......:3oops:

When I read the words "lets play school" it reminded me of "lets play doctor".......:3oops:

Except doctors really do make you strip. :)

I was just talking to a colleague yesterday that we get good data together, but decisions seem to be made contrary to the data. Seems to defeat the purpose of collecting the data. Just saying.

I was just talking to a colleague yesterday that we get good data together, but decisions seem to be made contrary to the data. Seems to defeat the purpose of collecting the data. Just saying.

Decisions like providing better resources and more time on task to help struggling students learn? IMO one of the worst things schools have done, because of government regulations, is to require students who are not are not SPED and need 1-1 or small group instruction, to stay in the classroom as their least restrictive learning environment. Many schools place SPED, 504 students, and other struggling students in the general population and expect teachers to provide for their individual needs. In other words, classrooms have 20-30+ students and teachers are expected to individualize instruction.

Then states, at least the ones I'm familiar with, throw in so many curriculum topics that many students have trouble keeping up because teachers must provide instruction at a pace so fast that students can't engage in material the amount of time, and the number of times necessary to learn content as well as critical thinking skills they are expected to master.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062122491 said:
Decisions like providing better resources and more time on task to help struggling students learn? IMO one of the worst things schools have done, because of government regulations, is to require students who are not are not SPED and need 1-1 or small group instruction, to stay in the classroom as their least restrictive learning environment. Many schools place SPED, 504 students, and other struggling students in the general population and expect teachers to provide for their individual needs. In other words, classrooms have 20-30+ students and teachers are expected to individualize instruction.

Then states, at least the ones I'm familiar with, throw in so many curriculum topics that many students have trouble keeping up because teachers must provide instruction at a pace so fast that students can't engage in material the amount of time, and the number of times necessary to learn content as well as critical thinking skills they are expected to master.

I don't disagree, but also have to make adjustments at the college level. I do provide more 1 on 1 instruction, but face serious budgeting issues each and every year.

"Disaggregate" is a perfect example of a word only a bureaucrat or pedant could love.

What the hell does it mean here? If it means "individual" then use the more familiar word.
If it means anything else then it needs explaining.

And even if I knew what the word meant i don't think I would get the point.

Back
Top Bottom