• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Election

America was stunned. Tuesday night, the deep excitement, the highly anticipated election of America’s first Madam President, the eagerly awaited defeat of the demagogic candidate, were met with just the exact opposite: America chose the fear-mongering, grievance -exploiting, morally bankrupt billionaire, to “make America great again”.

Americans were stunned. People were heartbroken. And days later, women, students, you can still hear them crying. I’m one of them.

I know there are other people, who were having a field day. They were stunned too, I think, that their choice could prevail. Again, some of Americans, who did or did not go to the poll Tuesday, I guess, were having buyer’s remorse amid their complete disbelieve …

Women, and their daughters, are particularly hit, affected to the bone. There is this deep sadness. Not just because their candidate is a woman. It’s also that the other candidate is such a hatred promoting figure …… It is a female thing. Something men cannot understand. But maybe, a few can …

Yes, the rural, white (elderly, angry ) people carried the GOP candidate across the finish line. It is said that they feel they were left behind. I wonder how many of them ever really meet some minority people, black, Latinos, Asian people, in their lives. How many of them willing to see that people of different kind, gays, lesbians, are just as decent and hardworking people as they are? How many of them take time to understand that climate change couldn’t be made up by Chinese as their candidate claimed? … The world is changing, coalmines won’t come back. The world IS changing, you cannot stop it.

Some people vent resentment, and others bought empty rhetoric. But America, as a whole, failed to stop that. I know lessons are learned here.

But I believe America will survive. Forward we are going, not backward.

Americans were stunned that the man was elected that they had voted for? Not everyone had. Of course not. But quite a few had. And the situation had certainly been deteriorating for the lady during the last days of the race.

Look on the bright side. This election ensures that feminists can continue to pretend that women are discriminated against to the same degree that blacks are. False victimhood is very in right now.

Just out of curiosity, is "95" the year you were born?

Back
Top Bottom