• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This election will be different! We promise!

Practical

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Sure it will!

How can I get 521 members of congress on record stating they are for a balanced budget, yet we can not get a balanced budget? Because they don't want one! Here's the big, painful, truth. It is bread and circuses. Doesn't matter which party is in power, the glaring truth is that for them, power is all it is about, and if they fix a problem, they can no longer campaign on it. Sad but true. If it makes you feel good to root for your team, go man, root for em! But you need to reconcile yourself to the fact that there will be no noticeable change in the governance of this country. It's a game for them. Is it a game for you?

Pretty spot on. To think that any of these politicians genuinely give a **** about most of these problems is funny. Trump has many apparent flaws. Biden has been in government for decades with multiple failed presidential runs but now that he can barely form sentences he is the savior for the country? No matter who wins it will be the same ol same ol for the next 4-8 years.

**Edit: Don't get me wrong the US is still the best country in the world but to think so many things are better or worse or going to change due to who is in the Oval Office is naive. You control your life and your successes!

Mind-boggling that people are still making this argument. Maybe, if you were really out of it, twenty years ago you could've made the argument in earnest that there was no difference between the parties. You would've been wrong, but perhaps you could've been forgiven.

But now? Good lord.

Should drop both sides of the Republocrat Oligarchy and replace them with new blood.

Should drop both sides of the Republocrat Oligarchy and replace them with new blood.

Way to hard, you just gotta expect option A or option B. Looking for another candidate would require some work, amd work is hard so we get what we get.

The entertaining part is watching each side polish the same turd on their respective ends.

Sure it will!

How can I get 521 members of congress on record stating they are for a balanced budget, yet we can not get a balanced budget? Because they don't want one! Here's the big, painful, truth. It is bread and circuses. Doesn't matter which party is in power, the glaring truth is that for them, power is all it is about, and if they fix a problem, they can no longer campaign on it. Sad but true. If it makes you feel good to root for your team, go man, root for em! But you need to reconcile yourself to the fact that there will be no noticeable change in the governance of this country. It's a game for them. Is it a game for you?

Exactly, fact is both major parties owe their hearts and souls to corporations, wall street firms, lobbyist, special interests, mega money donors, etc. That's where they get their tens and hundreds of millions of dollars to run their campaigns and organizations.

You hit on my number pet peeve with the two major parties, they refuse to solve our glaring problems as to do so would take those issues off the campaign trail. Better to not solve them and use the issue to fire up one's party base. Nothing gets solved as we continue on with the same old problems we've had for eons. The rhetoric is all for solving them, actions speak a different language.

Way to hard, you just gotta expect option A or option B. Looking for another candidate would require some work, amd work is hard so we get what we get.

The entertaining part is watching each side polish the same turd on their respective ends.

It would be entertaining except that all we keep getting time after time after time is some pile of **** and it's been dragging the Republic down.

.........but to think so many things are better or worse or going to change due to who is in the Oval Office is naive..........

You haven't kept your eyes open. If the Trump administration has proven anything it's that things do very much change depending on who is in the Oval Office.

You haven't kept your eyes open. If the Trump administration has proven anything it's that things do very much change depending on who is in the Oval Office.

What has changed for you?

I use to fall for the "both sides are totally, 100% equally corrupt" thing. Until someone I really respect showed me the differences in black-and-white.

If this Trump administration hasn't shown all of you guys the differences, in black-and-white, then I can't help you.

It would be entertaining except that all we keep getting time after time after time is some pile of **** and it's been dragging the Republic down.

You have to laugh or you will cry

What has changed for you?

Well, we can start with COVID 19 and how this administration didn't react to it. We can move on to living in a country whose leadership is an international embarrassment and a threat to the very well being of this country. Now, these things may not bother you, but they bother me. If we keep heading in this direction we will be living in the same kind of ****hole that we condemn others for living in.

Well, we can start with COVID 19 and how this administration didn't react to it. We can move on to living in a country whose leadership is an international embarrassment and a threat to the very well being of this country. Now, these things may not bother you, but they bother me. If we keep heading in this direction we will be in the ****hole that we condemn others for living in.

Fair enough, was just curious to hear. Opinions on COVID can go on all day and be argued for either side imo. I hear the term "threat to the well being of the country" all the time but never know specifically what people are talking about.

Fair enough, was just curious to hear. Opinions on COVID can go on all day and be argued for either side imo. I hear the term "threat to the well being of the country" all the time but never know specifically what people are talking about.

If we keep falling in status, trustworthiness, etc., around the world it will catch up too us and cost us financially, and in ways that will directly threaten our security.

As for COVID 19, just look around and see how other nations have handled it.

If we keep falling in status, trustworthiness, etc., around the world it will catch up too us and cost us financially, and in ways that will directly threaten our security.

As for COVID 19, just look around and see how other nations have handled it.

Thanks for your honest response. I think the first part is an opinion and speculative but that's everyone's right to do so.

I just don't how many other countries you can look at that have "done it right" that are similar enough to the US to fairly and accurately say "we should have done it their way".

Lol, how did this get to Covid? I'm all done talking and making vids about Covid. People have their minds made up, nothing is going to change em. But people still under the hope that some political savior is going to ride in and save the day. That. Won't. Happen.

Lol, how did this get to Covid? I'm all done talking and making vids about Covid.

Turns out funding global disease surveillance and pandemic preparedness vs. defunding them constitutes a "noticeable change in governance."

Back
Top Bottom