• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This election is NOT about Trump Vs Hillary

VanceMack

Less like the tiger...more like the lion.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This election is not about Trump Vs Hillary. It would have been somewhat about Trump Vs Bernie...but the DNC ensured that didnt happen. Hillary is a horrible candidate. Everyone can agree with that. Trump is no ones model of statesmanship, but there are a handful percentage-wise of democrats that want to see Hillary as the democrat candidate. At best.

This election will be Trump...as bad as he is...vs Black Lives dont Matter, Illegal immigration, and the threat of terrorism in the US. Every time BLdM hactivists block highways, Trump gains supporters. Every time anti Trump Latinos and others assault people and wave the mejocan flag and burn the US flag Trump gains supporters. Every time there is a terrorist attack and democrats refuse to take on fundamentalist Islamic terrorism, Trump gains supporters. As BAD as Trump is as a candidate...he still has a good chance of winning, in spite of mindless partisan ideologies.

This election is not about Trump Vs Hillary. It would have been somewhat about Trump Vs Bernie...but the DNC ensured that didnt happen. Hillary is a horrible candidate. Everyone can agree with that. Trump is no ones model of statesmanship, but there are a handful percentage-wise of democrats that want to see Hillary as the democrat candidate. At best.

This election will be Trump...as bad as he is...vs Black Lives dont Matter, Illegal immigration, and the threat of terrorism in the US. Every time BLdM hactivists block highways, Trump gains supporters. Every time anti Trump Latinos and others assault people and wave the mejocan flag and burn the US flag Trump gains supporters. Every time there is a terrorist attack and democrats refuse to take on fundamentalist Islamic terrorism, Trump gains supporters. As BAD as Trump is as a candidate...he still has a good chance of winning, in spite of mindless partisan ideologies.

Ah yes, don't look at our candidate, just look at the problems with the other guys candidate. Nothing to see over here, move along...

This election is not about Trump Vs Hillary. It would have been somewhat about Trump Vs Bernie...but the DNC ensured that didnt happen. Hillary is a horrible candidate. Everyone can agree with that.
I don't agree with that. I think Hillary is a very strong politician. I just think she's a horrible person.

Ah yes, don't look at our candidate, just look at the problems with the other guys candidate. Nothing to see over here, move along...
My candidate is Gary Johnson and I think I was very specific. Trump is a BAD candidate. He is a nightmare. I dont blame him...I blame the people that voted for him. But as I said this isnt about Trump vs Hillary...this election is about Trump vs 'movements'.

I don't agree with that. I think Hillary is a very strong politician. I just think she's a horrible person.
I think I said 'candidate'. Do you see a whole ton of even Democrats excited about voting for her?

I think I said 'candidate'.
A candidate is a politician by default. She's a strong candidate. She really only has one major candidate flaw, which is trustworthiness. It's a big question mark for her and about the only thing that can sink her. But in nearly every other category, Clinton can check off the criteria.
Do you see a whole ton of even Democrats excited about voting for her?
No, but that likely has more to do with the fact she's more centrist than they'd like.

A candidate is a politician by default. She's a strong candidate. She really only has one major candidate flaw, which is trustworthiness. It's a big question mark for her and about the only thing that can sink her. But in nearly every other category, Clinton can check off the criteria.
No, but that likely has more to do with the fact she's more centrist than they'd like.
I dont think they trust her. Democrats dont trust her. And on that front, Bernies strong run against her didnt help her very much.

I could be wrong. She could still win easily...but if it happens it will just be people voting for letters, not candidates.

I have been saying and continue to say...I truly believe Americas BEST hope right now is for people to elect Johnson/Weld as Pres/VP and then vote for their party in Congress. Johnson/Weld are TRULY the best options on the table...but I doubt they will poll more than 5-7% in the actual election.

Nah. That won't be what this election will be about.

I dont think they trust her. Democrats dont trust her.
But, as I said, her trustworthiness is really the only area where, as a candidate, she lacks.

In nearly every other way, she's a very strong candidate.
I could be wrong. She could still win easily...but if it happens it will just be people voting for letters, not candidates.
No matter who wins, it'll be letters, not candidates.

But, as I said, her trustworthiness is really the only area where, as a candidate, she lacks.

In nearly every other way, she's a very strong candidate.
No matter who wins, it'll be letters, not candidates.
And yet...when her supporters are asked about her accomplishments they cant answer, and when they are given her actual positions and quotes throughout her career, they think she is Trump.

I think its likely more dems will either stay away or will vote for Trump if we continue to have the race rioting, illegal immigrant demonstrations, and terrorist attacks. It becomes more about survival than letters at that point.

Fact is, for quite a lot of people they just don't see a need to look at Hillary. They've seen enough of her to intimately know her character, to take her measure as a human being...to see her actions. And...for quite a lot of people they just don't like what they see.

So, in respect to Hillary I have to agree: Nothing to see over here, move along...

And yet...when her supporters are asked about her accomplishments they cant answer
I guess I don't see how this relates to her being a strong candidate or not. If you're wanting a list of accomplishments for you, I can easily provide you some. But I thought we were talking about whether or not she's a strong candidate.

I think its likely more dems will either stay away or will vote for Trump
While Dems haven't convinced themselves to hate Trump yet nearly as much as Repubs have convinced themselves to hate Clinton, give it time. I mean, they found a way to hate Mitt Romney, whose charisma paled in comparison to that rock in my backyard. With someone like Trump, Democrats will convince themselves the world will end if Trump wins.

In fairness to your point, Clinton isn't Obama. But she's still a strong candidate. As long as the lack of trust in her isn't allowed to get too out of control, Clinton should hold onto her lead and win.

Fact is, for quite a lot of people they just don't see a need to look at Hillary. They've seen enough of her to intimately know her character, to take her measure as a human being...to see her actions. And...for quite a lot of people they just don't like what they see.

So, in respect to Hillary I have to agree: Nothing to see over here, move along...

Any one who does not look closely at both candidates is being foolish.

I guess I don't see how this relates to her being a strong candidate or not. If you're wanting a list of accomplishments for you, I can easily provide you some. But I thought we were talking about whether or not she's a strong candidate.

While Dems haven't convinced themselves to hate Trump yet nearly as much as Repubs have convinced themselves to hate Clinton, give it time. I mean, they found a way to hate Mitt Romney, whose charisma paled in comparison to that rock in my backyard. With someone like Trump, Democrats will convince themselves the world will end if Trump wins.

In fairness to your point, Clinton isn't Obama. But she's still a strong candidate. As long as the lack of trust in her isn't allowed to get too out of control, Clinton should hold onto her lead and win.
She barely won her party nomination even WITH the full support of the DNC and the media. She isnt trusted. She isnt liked. I guess we have a differing opinion of the term 'strong candidate'.

Any one who does not look closely at both candidates is being foolish.

Oh, I didn't say "don't look closely at both candidates".

I said that quite a lot of people HAVE looked at Hillary and have dismissed her as, "nothing to see over here".

Oh, I didn't say "don't look closely at both candidates".

I said that quite a lot of people HAVE looked at Hillary and have dismissed her as, "nothing to see over here".

And the other way around of course. This has, and probably will continue to be, more than any other election in my lifetime, an election about the other candidates faults. There is so much dirty laundry between the two candidates they could swamp every laundromat in New York City.

...Clinton should hold onto her lead and win.

Her lead???

I don't think she'll be having much of a lead. Heck, she's pretty much in a statistical tie with Trump now.

Even today's attack in Munich contrasts the two. Germany has temporarily closed its borders. We can't do that. We should be able to. It's only a matter of time unless we begin sending billions of blackmail money to our enemies.

200 Ninjas tonight. 200 Ninjas the day after tomorrow. Ad nauseum.

And the other way around of course. This has, and probably will continue to be, more than any other election in my lifetime, an election about the other candidates faults. There is so much dirty laundry between the two candidates they could swamp every laundromat in New York City.

Yes...I agree...the other way around, of course.

For me, personally, it's a question of the lesser of evils. Trump wins that comparison.

Even today's attack in Munich contrasts the two. Germany has temporarily closed its borders. We can't do that. We should be able to. It's only a matter of time unless we begin sending billions of blackmail money to our enemies.

200 Ninjas tonight. 200 Ninjas the day after tomorrow. Ad nauseum.
Its early to tell what is going on today in Munich, but they ARE feeling the burn...

I just think coupled with all the violence, the rioting, blocking the highways, and this kind of ANTI sTrumpets running around...

that a fair number of democrats are either going to just sit this one out or vote the other guy (even if publicly they deny it).

Its early to tell what is going on today in Munich, but they ARE feeling the burn...

I just think coupled with all the violence, the rioting, blocking the highways, and this kind of ANTI sTrumpets running around...

that a fair number of democrats are either going to just sit this one out or vote the other guy (even if publicly they deny it).

Wow!! I've seen my share of potty-mouths, but this one is right up there with the worst.

Wow!! I've seen my share of potty-mouths, but this one is right up there with the worst.
COme on...across the country there have been "F@#! Trump" rallies for the last year...with that word being maybe the LEAST offensive thing said...

Back
Top Bottom