• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This election is just rediculous.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
TALLAHASSEE – A Massachusetts lawyer who previously filed state ethics and elections complaints against Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has asked federal prosecutors to level bribery charges against her and Donald Trump.

Whitfield Larrabee, a Boston trial attorney, filed complaints with U.S. Attorney's offices in New York and Tallahassee on Wednesday alleging the violation of federal bribery laws stemming from Bondi’s personal solicitation of $25,000 from Trump in 2013 for her political committee.

Bondi’s office was reviewing complaints against Trump University, an entity owned by Trump which offered real estate investment seminars, from attendees who said the seminars were worthless and they were bilked of thousands of dollars.

After receiving the Trump donation, Bondi opted not to take action against him or Trump University or the Trump Initiative, an entity not owned by Trump but which used his name under a licensing agreement and offered similar real estate investing seminars.

Lawyer seeks federal bribery charges against Bondi over Trump donation - Orlando Sentinel

(CNN) — A meeting this week between Attorney General Loretta Lynch and former President Bill Clinton is creating headaches for Hillary Clinton's campaign.

Lynch and Bill Clinton met privately in Phoenix Monday after the two realized they were on the same tarmac, an aide to the former president said. The encounter took place ahead of the public release Tuesday morning of the House Benghazi Committee's report on the 2012 attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya.

The meeting is raising questions about whether the independence of the Justice Department, which is conducting an investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email server, might have been compromised.

"Attorney General Lynch's meeting with President Clinton creates the appearance of a violation of law, ethical standards and good judgment," the group said in a statement. "Attorney General Lynch's decision to breach the well-defined ethical standards of the Department of Justice and the American legal profession is an outrageous abuse of the public's trust. Her conduct and statements undermine confidence in her ability to objectively investigate and prosecute possible violations of law associated with President Clinton and Secretary Clinton."

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump said Thursday the meeting was "terrible."

"It was really a sneak," Trump told conservative talk show host Mike Gallagher. "You see a thing like this and, even in terms of judgment, how bad of judgment is it for him or for her to do this? Who would do this?"

Bill Clinton and AG Loretta Lynch meet privately - CNNPolitics.com

TALLAHASSEE – A Massachusetts lawyer who previously filed state ethics and elections complaints against Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has asked federal prosecutors to level bribery charges against her and Donald Trump.

Whitfield Larrabee, a Boston trial attorney, filed complaints with U.S. Attorney's offices in New York and Tallahassee on Wednesday alleging the violation of federal bribery laws stemming from Bondi’s personal solicitation of $25,000 from Trump in 2013 for her political committee.

Bondi’s office was reviewing complaints against Trump University, an entity owned by Trump which offered real estate investment seminars, from attendees who said the seminars were worthless and they were bilked of thousands of dollars.

After receiving the Trump donation, Bondi opted not to take action against him or Trump University or the Trump Initiative, an entity not owned by Trump but which used his name under a licensing agreement and offered similar real estate investing seminars.

Lawyer seeks federal bribery charges against Bondi over Trump donation - Orlando Sentinel

(CNN) — A meeting this week between Attorney General Loretta Lynch and former President Bill Clinton is creating headaches for Hillary Clinton's campaign.

Lynch and Bill Clinton met privately in Phoenix Monday after the two realized they were on the same tarmac, an aide to the former president said. The encounter took place ahead of the public release Tuesday morning of the House Benghazi Committee's report on the 2012 attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya.

The meeting is raising questions about whether the independence of the Justice Department, which is conducting an investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email server, might have been compromised.

"Attorney General Lynch's meeting with President Clinton creates the appearance of a violation of law, ethical standards and good judgment," the group said in a statement. "Attorney General Lynch's decision to breach the well-defined ethical standards of the Department of Justice and the American legal profession is an outrageous abuse of the public's trust. Her conduct and statements undermine confidence in her ability to objectively investigate and prosecute possible violations of law associated with President Clinton and Secretary Clinton."

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump said Thursday the meeting was "terrible."

"It was really a sneak," Trump told conservative talk show host Mike Gallagher. "You see a thing like this and, even in terms of judgment, how bad of judgment is it for him or for her to do this? Who would do this?"

Bill Clinton and AG Loretta Lynch meet privately - CNNPolitics.com

I am not sure that "ridiculous" is the right word, but the election is certainly revealing a very sick country.

Some folk have said that Trump would be the better pick for President, purely out of the hope that he'll be a lame duck.

There might be something to that, if Sanders has/will back Clinton. Would be better to see him run as an independent or Green (vice- candidate, as someone suggested in another thread) though.

Some folk have said that Trump would be the better pick for President, purely out of the hope that he'll be a lame duck.

There might be something to that, if Sanders has/will back Clinton. Would be better to see him run as an independent or Green (vice- candidate, as someone suggested in another thread) though.

That's the problem that's spreading. Clinton is no better than Trump. She's a liar, a crook, and does everything only for the money. Trump is, well trump is trump. We all know that. We really screwed up this election. Somehow America though Trump and Clinton were the best. That lies on us.

I thought Sanders was a nutcase, but at least he had morals. I say "had" because he will probably vote for Hillary.

America needs a new batch of politicians. I'm voting for Toby Keith.

At this point it is possible that by November we could be voting between to candidates for President that are both under indictment. :fyi:

That's the problem that's spreading. Clinton is no better than Trump. She's a liar, a crook, and does everything only for the money.

She's a pragmatic politician.

He's a loudmouthed bigot, wannabe bully, and a general failure at what he claims is his greatest success: business. Pretty much everything he touches goes bankrupt.

Hillary is the less worse candidate as compared to Trump.

He's a loudmouthed bigot, wannabe bully, and a general failure at what he claims is his greatest success: business. Pretty much everything he touches goes bankrupt.

She's a serial liar. Not one SINGLE ounce better than trump. The blind sheep who are going to vote for her anyway will deny it all they want. It's just because they lack any intelligence.

She's a serial liar. Not one SINGLE ounce better than trump. The blind sheep who are going to vote for her anyway will deny it all they want. It's just because they lack any intelligence.

The blind sheep lacking intelligence are those persons who support Trump because they call Hillary a liar, owing to what you state in your first two sentences. If both candidates are serial liars but I still intend to vote, then logically I cannot consider their status as liars in deciding between them. That would either be blindly stupid or deliberate hypocrisy/dishonesty.

And the way I see it, Hillary is far more competent as a politician in terms of making pragmatic decisions. Trump is liable to fly off the handle in myriad bizarre ways. And he's either a disgusting bigot or is pretending to be one to pander to the ugliest section of his base; I'm not sure I care whether it's real or pretending. Further, he has delusional ideas like starting a trade war with China and needlessly defaulting on our debt (aka, refusing to pay the full borrowed amount to creditors).

Maybe he doesn't understand that unlike his private businesses, the U.S. cannot go into Chapter 11 with international creditors. Maybe he just doesn't care. Either way, he's clearly the less competent, less qualified, and less desirable of two very undesirable candidates.

That's the problem that's spreading. Clinton is no better than Trump. She's a liar, a crook, and does everything only for the money. Trump is, well trump is trump. We all know that. We really screwed up this election. Somehow America though Trump and Clinton were the best. That lies on us.

I thought Sanders was a nutcase, but at least he had morals. I say "had" because he will probably vote for Hillary.

America needs a new batch of politicians. I'm voting for Toby Keith.

you are confusing honesty with nutcase

Too bad Bill just made things worse for her in every way

Honestly, what a boneheaded and amateurish move.....Lol !

And that meeting on the tarmac ? Nothing pragmatic or competent about it

The blind sheep lacking intelligence are those persons who support Trump because they call Hillary a liar, owing to what you state in your first two sentences. If both candidates are serial liars but I still intend to vote, then logically I cannot consider their status as liars in deciding between them. That would either be blindly stupid or deliberate hypocrisy/dishonesty.

And the way I see it, Hillary is far more competent as a politician in terms of making pragmatic decisions. Trump is liable to fly off the handle in myriad bizarre ways. And he's either a disgusting bigot or is pretending to be one to pander to the ugliest section of his base; I'm not sure I care whether it's real or pretending. Further, he has delusional ideas like starting a trade war with China and needlessly defaulting on our debt (aka, refusing to pay the full borrowed amount to creditors).

Maybe he doesn't understand that unlike his private businesses, the U.S. cannot go into Chapter 11 with international creditors. Maybe he just doesn't care. Either way, he's clearly the less competent, less qualified, and less desirable of two very undesirable candidates.

The blind sheep post the BS I'm replying to right now. Hillary, the Criminal and serial liar, Clinton is running for President. That's forcing people to vote for idiots like trump. Because we don't want a criminal and serial liar, Hildabeast, ruining this nation.

Back
Top Bottom