• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This election in a nut-shell

Sparky2

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I’m going to share some observations and a few opinions with you, and you can tell me what you think of them.

As an independent observer (and a freethinking individual with no affection whatsoever for either of your political Parties), I have long-believed that this nation is egregiously-divided along ‘left’ versus ‘right’ political lines.

A sad and shabby culture has evolved, particularly on the internet and on social media, a culture of animosity and contempt for the hated ‘other side’.
This is something that, sadly, many of the political candidates count upon when they craft their words and deliver their speeches, and I do believe that they are playing you like so many marionettes.

Because, after all, when the voting-age American public is wasting time tearing at each other’s throats, they will be too busy to notice all the waste, fraud, abuse, corruption, and dishonesty going on in Washington D. C.

Lately though, I have come to examine the quantity and quality of hateful ‘Presidential politics’ discourse on this web forum, and on many other internet entities, and have come to a startling conclusion.

(And I’ll keep this brief and quite simple, because I know many of you have short attention spans, and most of you have other tasks and responsibilities to tend to on this fine Sunday morning. A lot of you have jobs to go to.)

* I have concluded that most Republicans, conservatives, independents, and some Democrats even, will go to the polls in November, and they will hold their nose and vote for Donald Trump. They will hold their nose because Donald Trump is a bombastic, hot-headed ding-dong, and they will vote for him because they believe he will do a better job of uniting this country than will the dishonest, crooked Hillary Clinton.

Their chief motivation is the good of the nation, and if they have any contempt, it’s toward the hated ‘other side’, the dishonest politicians like Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Boehner, and Harry Reid.

More importantly,
* I have concluded that most Democrats and die-hard liberals and progressives will go to the polls in November, and they will hold their nose and vote for Hillary Clinton. They will hold their nose because Hillary Clinton is a disturbingly-dishonest politician, a crooked individual, and a really terrible human being.
But they will vote for her because they hate conservatives and Republicans so very, very much.

Their chief motivation is spite, and so very powerful is their contempt for the hated ‘other side’, the American Republicans, conservatives, and mainstream, middle-American Christians and free-market tax-payers.

Do you see what I am saying here?
It’s as plain as the nose on your face, and it’s been there the whole time;

The Hillary supporters know what a horrible person she is, but they will vote for her anyway, because it will make conservatives and Republicans unhappy to witness, in essence, a third Barack Obama term. (Because, after all, that’s what a Hillary Clinton Presidency would be. A 3rd term of dishonesty, crookedness, and a complete absence of accountability.)

Feel free to disagree, but if you possess even one shred of intellectual honesty, you will find that you must concede that I am correct in this analysis.

Thank you for your time and attention.
:2wave:

bigstock-Scream-of-angry-upset-young-wo-125335583-810x540.jpg

this election in a nutshell; a choice between the establishment political machine that got us into this mess by selling out the American people for the last 50 years, and a man telling us the unabashed truth, offering us real (and painful) solutions to our problems, and being crucified for it.

As an independent observer (and a freethinking individual with no affection whatsoever for either of your political Parties), I have long-believed that this nation is egregiously-divided along ‘left’ versus ‘right’ political lines.

You say that, but then your OP states that the good people who love America will vote for Trump and the bad self-interested hateful people will vote for Clinton. Those aren't the predictions of an independent observer.

Those are the accusations of a Trump supporter trying to cloak themselves in a transparent veil of neutrality.

The bolded is your dividing line.

* I have concluded that most Republicans, conservatives, independents, and some Democrats even, will go to the polls in November, and they will hold their nose and vote for Donald Trump. They will hold their nose because Donald Trump is a bombastic, hot-headed ding-dong, and they will vote for him because they believe he will do a better job of uniting this country than will the dishonest, crooked Hillary Clinton.

Their chief motivation is the good of the nation, and if they have any contempt, it’s toward the hated ‘other side’, the dishonest politicians like Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Boehner, and Harry Reid.

More importantly,
* I have concluded that most Democrats and die-hard liberals and progressives will go to the polls in November, and they will hold their nose and vote for Hillary Clinton. They will hold their nose because Hillary Clinton is a disturbingly-dishonest politician, a crooked individual, and a really terrible human being.
But they will vote for her because they hate conservatives and Republicans so very, very much.

Their chief motivation is spite, and so
very powerful is their contempt for the hated ‘other side’, the American Republicans, conservatives, and mainstream, middle-American Christians and free-market tax-payers.

The Hillary supporters know what a horrible person she is, but they will vote for her anyway, because it will make conservatives and Republicans unhappy to witness, in essence, a third Barack Obama term. (Because, after all, that’s what a Hillary Clinton Presidency would be. A 3rd term of dishonesty, crookedness, and a complete absence of accountability.)

Feel free to disagree, but if you possess even one shred of intellectual honesty, you will find that you must concede that I am correct in this analysis.

The perverse hypocrisy of your Original Post ("OP") is that you simultaneously claim to hate partisanship, but engage in the most obvious partisanship imaginable in declaring the motivations of all who will vote for each candidate.

Shame on you.

You say that, but then your OP states that the good people who love America will vote for Trump and the bad self-interested hateful people will vote for Clinton. Those aren't the predictions of an independent observer.
Those are the accusations of a Trump supporter trying to cloak themselves in a transparent veil of neutrality.
The bolded is your dividing line.
The perverse hypocrisy of your Original Post ("OP") is that you simultaneously claim to hate partisanship, but engage in the most obvious partisanship imaginable in declaring the motivations of all who will vote for each candidate.
Shame on you.

I take note of your (tired, predictable) opinions and I dismiss them.

You make the common mistake that may partisan-politically-leaning fellows and ladies make;
You witness an objective criticism of some political figure (oh, let's just say Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama) and then rush to shove the poster into this convenient box or the other.
"Why, he must but a jack-booted Reich-Winger, because he hates Hillary and Obama!!"

Or, worse yet, many who witness the sad admission that I will be holding my nose and voting for a bombastic, clumsy, arrogant jerk like Donald Trump, will rush to conclude that I am just another Trump supporter posing as an independent observer.

Trust me, I am not a Trump supporter, and I am indeed a very independent voter.
It's really down to a choice between the 'lesser of two evils', and there is no doubt that Donald Trump is the lesser of these two evils.

More to the point, my observations regarding the probable motivations of the nose-holding Trump voters and the nose-holding Hillary voters were based upon the demonstrated actions, words, and rants I have witnessed on these boards and indeed all across the internet.
I don't necessary like what I am witnessing, but it's there, and it's as plain as the Starbuck's coffee mug on your computer table;
Trump voters hate Hillary.
Hillary voters hate Trump, but they mainly hate all conservatives, Republicans, and anybody else who doesn't think exactly they way they do.
It's all very sad, but it's also very true.

It's important to note:
MY candidate of choice going into this election season was James Webb (D) of Virginia.
Sadly, his Party has no use whatsoever for honesty, integrity, and accountability, and they backed Hillary (and nobody else) from the very beginning.

For historical perspective, my two favorite Presidents of all time were Jimmy Carter (D) and Harry S. Truman, also (D).
Both men were Veterans, both were honest, they both fought waste, fraud, and abuse, and they both loved and honored their wives.
They won't be remembered as the greatest Presidents ever, not by a long shot.
But they here honest, they had integrity, and they were accountable.

Get it?
You had a knee-jerk response, you were wrong, and so now I forgive you.
Please go to work now, as I am myself doing.

Some of us have to work so that we can pay taxes and contribute to the current government's spending habits.
:shock:

Last edited:
I take note of your (tired, predictable) opinions and I dismiss them.

You make the common mistake that may partisan-politically-leaning fellows and ladies make;
You witness an objective criticism of some political figure (oh, let's just say Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama) and then rush to shove the poster into this convenient box or the other.
"Why, he must but a jack-booted Reich-Winger, because he hates Hillary and Obama!!"

Or, worse yet, many who witness the sad admission that I will be holding my nose and voting for a bombastic, clumsy, arrogant jerk like Donald Trump, will rush to conclude that I am just another Trump supporter posing as an independent observer.

Trust me, I am not a Trump supporter, and I am indeed a very independent voter.
It's really down to a choice between the 'lesser of two evils', and there is no doubt that Donald Trump is the lesser of these two evils.

More to the point, my observations regarding the probable motivations of the nose-holding Trump voters and the nose-holding Hillary voters were based upon the demonstrated actions, words, and rants I have witnessed on these boards and indeed all across the internet.
I don't necessary like what I am witnessing, but it's there, and it's as plain as the Starbuck's coffee mug on your computer table;
Trump voters hate Hillary.
Hillary voters hate Trump, but they mainly hate all conservatives, Republicans, and anybody else who doesn't think exactly they way they do.
It's all very sad, but it's also very true.

It's important to note:
MY candidate of choice going into this election season was James Webb (D) of Virginia.
Sadly, his Party has no use whatsoever for honesty, integrity, and accountability, and they backed Hillary (and nobody else) from the very beginning.

For historical perspective, my two favorite Presidents of all time were Jimmy Carter (D) and Harry S. Truman, also (D).
Both men were Veterans, both were honest, they both fought waste, fraud, and abuse, and they both loved and honored their wives.
They won't be remembered as the greatest Presidents ever, not by a long shot.
But they here honest, they had integrity, and they were accountable.

Get it?
You had a knee-jerk response, you were wrong, and so now I forgive you.
Please go to work now, as I am myself doing.

Some of us have to work so that we can pay taxes and contribute to the current government's spending habits.
:shock:

People are not judged by what they say, but by what they do.

I’m going to share some observations and a few opinions with you, and you can tell me what you think of them.

A sad and shabby culture has evolved, particularly on the internet and on social media, a culture of animosity and contempt for the hated ‘other side’.
This is something that, sadly, many of the political candidates count upon when they craft their words and deliver their speeches, and I do believe that they are playing you like so many marionettes.

Because, after all, when the voting-age American public is wasting time tearing at each other’s throats, they will be too busy to notice all the waste, fraud, abuse, corruption, and dishonesty going on in Washington D. C.

Lately though, I have come to examine the quantity and quality of hateful ‘Presidential politics’ discourse on this web forum, and on many other internet entities, and have come to a startling conclusion.

(And I’ll keep this brief and quite simple, because I know many of you have short attention spans, and most of you have other tasks and responsibilities to tend to on this fine Sunday morning. A lot of you have jobs to go to.)

More importantly,

Their chief motivation is spite, and so very powerful is their contempt for the hated ‘other side’, the American Republicans, conservatives, and mainstream, middle-American Christians and free-market tax-payers.

:2wave:

View attachment 67205316

Except you forgot the Clintonistas and the Trumpkins, what I called suckers, who actually believe what the two lying, greedy bastards are saying.

Back
Top Bottom