• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This country has a major problem

I am inferring based on the fact of the statement he made, yes. Inferences are made from facts and reasoning, and not just "made up".

Like I said, your opinion.....with no fact. It's fact that he made XYZ statement, from that, I infer that Mars is closer to Pluto that ever before,

Thats about the same logical reasoning as your inference.

Let me ask you this, in the past 20 years, in Presidential elections, how many times have results gone to the courts? and who brought them there?

Like I said, your opinion.....with no fact. It's fact that he made XYZ statement, from that, I infer that Mars is closer to Pluto that ever before,

Thats about the same logical reasoning as your inference.

You don't know what an inference is. So I can't go on with this with you. Good grief.

You don't know what an inference is. So I can't go on with this with you. Good grief.

Yep, sure don't, that's why you agreed you made an inference, when I told you you made an inference, ****, I guess I just got lucky, didn't I ? You made an inference based on your dislike, not based on fact, there are no FACTS that says this will happen, in fact....pun intended, the only FACT that this would happen, comes from.....oh boy, the DEMOCRATS, who HAVE ALREADY DONE IT.

Trump was taken out of context, hence all the nonsense. Frankly, there are some on the left that sound like five year olds. If I say bitter sweet, all they hear is "sweet," and they want some. Well, it's no different than Trump being taken out of context, only the ulterior motive is a bit more alarming in that they are disingenuous and trying to make something out of nothing. And the reason why you're not getting the declaration that you want is because people are not going to be manipulated into stating the obvious, and are not going to behave like marionettes for the left. Thanks!!

The context of Trump's statement was that he was asked directly whether he would commit to a peaceful transition of power, his response was:

Trump said:
We’re going to have to see what happens,” the president responded to a reporter. “You know, I’ve been complaining about the ballots and the ballots are a disaster.

What am I missing in the context?

I don't want any answer in particular, I was trying to find common ground.

Clearly there isn't much, if we can't even agree on how it should go if there are no complications.

I think most of this is a misunderstanding of the phrase "peaceful transition." It doesn't mean no challenge. It means nothing outside the law. It means abiding by the results of the legal process. To not answer means that extralegal manipulation is on the table, as far as Trump is concerned. I don't think most Trump supporters agree with that position.

It's possible that's not even what Trump meant, but he'll need to clarify it because what he said is far more problematic than the ballots, according to his own people.

Yep, such a like that a dozen sources quoted her,

!
I agree with what she said completely, scum bag won't leave and will throw everything at Biden even His Nazified courts, so yes with those attacks "Joe Biden Should Not Concede, He should hang in there and he will ultimately win, even if the policing body's or Military has to throw Trump out. I agree 100%

The context of Trump's statement was that he was asked directly whether he would commit to a peaceful transition of power, his response was:

Clearly there isn't much, if we can't even agree on how it should go if there are no complications.

I think most of this is a misunderstanding of the phrase "peaceful transition." It doesn't mean no challenge. It means nothing outside the law. It means abiding by the results of the legal process. To not answer means that extralegal manipulation is on the table, as far as Trump is concerned. I don't think most Trump supporters agree with that position.

It's possible that's not even what Trump meant, but he'll need to clarify it because what he said is far more problematic than the ballots, according to his own people.

The context is Democratic mobs rioting in Democratic cities, burning anything they can get their hands upon, shooting the police, more riots on the horizon, promises to gut the Constitution for partisan advantage.
Shouldn't Democrats be affirming their peaceable intentions should Biden lose?

You were talking about wealth gap and capitalism. My response is on point. Think I'll stick around
No I didn't you will now disappear from my world.

Doesn't matter. We should increase the number of justices to 13, and undo McConnell's life's work.
that's a automatic I say raise it till we have the majority. We can't allow Trumps hate Nazi court to exist. We have to save this country. They were picked for being lap dogs and for their hatred we can't except that.

The context is Democratic mobs rioting in Democratic cities, burning anything they can get their hands upon, shooting the police, more riots on the horizon, promises to gut the Constitution for partisan advantage.
Have you tried not having your police hunt people for sport?

We don't shoot people for sport, and our entire damages from BLM was one plate glass window, one grafitti tag, and two citations for misdemeanor property damage.

What on earth makes you think Trump won't leave office if he loses the election?
Oh...wait...you've been listening to the Trump hating media again, right?

No I think he's been listening to Donald Trump.

Okay. So how about you provide the quote of him saying he won't leave office if he loses the election? So far, nobody else has done that.

Moving the goalpost I see.

We have listened, and heard from his own mouth many times that he will not trust the results. He's in effect suggesting he won't accept a loss. So looking for the exact words 'If I lose I won't leave office' you're pretending he has to make it even clearer than he already has, when his intent is clear enough. He's laying the groundwork to refuse to accept the results.

That may mean insisting on staying in office, or it may mean leaving but whining like a little b*tch all the way out, I don't have a crystal ball. But if we just listen, he says he will not accept the results, which is reason enough to suspect he'll attempt to circumvent them, given his lifelong history of lawbreaking.

But anyone who merely listens to Trump's words, has more than enough reason to believe he does not intend to accept an election loss. That was the point I was making. he's given plenty of ammunition. In fact #6 all but confirms it to anyone listening. Therefore one only needs to hear the president's own words to suspect he will not accept the results of the election if he loses.

#1 We want to have — get rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very trans- — we’ll have a very peaceful — there won’t be a transfer, frankly; there’ll be a continuation.

#2 “The Democrats are trying to rig this election because that’s the only way they’re going to win,”

#3 “So this is just a way they’re trying to steal the election, and everybody knows that. Because the only way they’re going to win is by a rigged election,”

#4 “We are going to win four more years. And then after that, we’ll go for another four years because they spied on my campaign. We should get a redo of four years,”

#5 we are probably entitled to another four after that,”

#6 I’m not going to just say ‘yes.’ I’m not going to say ‘no.’ And I didn’t last time, either,”

#7 “With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history,

Last edited:

Yes, of course, and they have made that commitment in their responses. Mitch McConnell has made that commitment, as has Pelosi.

Why is it so hard for Trump?

Where does he say that he will NOT step down if legally voted out?? Show me. He's complaining about the ballots. That's it. That's all. All the hand wringing is a waste of time. If he is voted out - which he may or may not be - he will leave the White House, again if he is voted out. Thanks!!

Really.

Can you give me a quote of him saying he will sue to not count mail in ballots?

And after that, give me a quote of him saying he won't leave office if he loses the election.

Thanks...I'll wait. (but I won't hold my breath)

Not sue, but disregard the ballots..........

Kinda like Gore did back in 2000?
Trump was taken out of context, hence all the nonsense. Frankly, there are some on the left that sound like five year olds. If I say bitter sweet, all they hear is "sweet," and they want some. Well, it's no different than Trump being taken out of context, only the ulterior motive is a bit more alarming in that they are disingenuous and trying to make something out of nothing. And the reason why you're not getting the declaration that you want is because people are not going to be manipulated into stating the obvious, and are not going to behave like marionettes for the left. Thanks!!
That's just nonsense , he has said it 10 different ways. Out of context what a hoot.

Moving the goalpost I see.
I haven't moved any goalposts. This is the same question I've been asking everyone in this thread.

I doubt it. Nobody is going to "support Trump" if he loses the election. The problem is that he could win, and if he does, the left is threatening violence. I already see signs being defaced. And the riots are meant to intimidate, so I don't think "Trump losing" is a big problem. I think his winning is going to send a bunch of miscreants out into the streets. Thanks!!
Most of his hate group that support him will support him as their dictator and when he asks for his hate group to kill they will. They are the lowest form of humanity.

Where does he say that he will NOT step down if legally voted out?? Show me. He's complaining about the ballots. That's it. That's all. All the hand wringing is a waste of time. If he is voted out - which he may or may not be - he will leave the White House, again if he is voted out. Thanks!!
get a life ,like I said he has said it 10 different ways. Everyone has heard him. including you.

Where does he say that he will NOT step down if legally voted out?? Show me. He's complaining about the ballots. That's it. That's all. All the hand wringing is a waste of time. If he is voted out - which he may or may not be - he will leave the White House. Thanks!!

I quoted what he said. It was asked because some folks have the concern, right or wrong. Is it somehow a trick to ask a simple question where everyone agrees on the answer?

He had to clarify his point the next day, and his spokesperson finally got it right (you guys should lead with that, BTW) but asking for that clarification is somehow wrong?

Trump's the one that made this a topic of conversation. He could have just answered it the first time they asked.

This is the thread ,stick to it, I won't let it be hijacked "We as a country have a problem, we have a president who won’t leave office when he loses the election, and worse as far as the future of this country is concerned , are the people who support this president . It shows a willingness to sell out our democracy to stay in power. . I’ve brought this up to multiple Republican and they either say he only will leave office if the election is not corrupt and as we have seen throughout history , the problem will be that the dictator will be deciding whether it is corrupt or not. Or their second response is that he is just joking. You don’t get to spit on our flag and constitution and pass it off as a joke. There is no joke in this threat and there has never been a bigger threat to this country. We are picking our future in this election."

I quoted what he said. It was asked because some folks have the concern, right or wrong. Is it somehow a trick to ask a simple question where everyone agrees on the answer?

He had to clarify his point the next day, and his spokesperson finally got it right (you guys should lead with that, BTW) but asking for that clarification is somehow wrong?

Trump's the one that made this a topic of conversation. He could have just answered it the first time they asked.

Exactly. All this gaslighting and where did he say it, where did he say it nonsense is just moving the goalpost. The president's own words do him in every damn time. He has given people plenty of reason to think he won't leave peacefully, or at least quietly.

And we all know even if he does lose in a landslide, and even when he leaves office, he'll complain to the end of his days it was 'rigged'. He simply won't be able to admit he was less popular.

This is the thread ,stick to it, I won't let it be hijacked "We as a country have a problem, we have a president who won’t leave office when he loses the election,
You might as well go ahead and let this thread be hijacked, since you cannot support your claim.

Back
Top Bottom