• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This country has a major problem

The EC the same as the senate protect the minority from mob rule which is exactly what I want. The left needs to learn to lose and play by the rules not change them when they lose. The EC has been working just fine for a lot longer than 30 years. Now it is the Supreme court that must change. Instead voting the loser leaders out of office that have not removed bad cops from our police departments we have the brown shirts in the streets threatening our citizens. This not the way to run a country with thugs and mobs.

The EC is an outdated concept, designed for a time when it took weeks for election results to come from around the country. I also highly doubt the very white founding fathers had in mind that the minority vote getter candidate in a presidential election should come out as the winner..... even in those days, that would have been an outrage.

" not automatically accept the results " does not mean the same thing as " won't leave office if he loses the election ".

But you and your ilk have yet to provide a quote of Trump saying either thing.

This comment just reminds us of the fact that the lies you cultists tell yourselves are every bit as big as all the other ones who tell or spread.

LOL yea right, you really dont know who Donald Trump is... When he says that, he means "I will sue you" and worse. He is a bully, always has been and he will act like all bullies. He will refuse to leave the White House if the election results are close and him still losing. He will fight it all the way.. that is IF the GOP will back him, which they seem to not want to do so far.

We shall see, shall we not?

Kinda like Gore did back in 2000?

The EC is an outdated concept, designed for a time when it took weeks for election results to come from around the country. I also highly doubt the very white founding fathers had in mind that the minority vote getter candidate in a presidential election should come out as the winner..... even in those days, that would have been an outrage.

You think expediency was the reason behind the EC ? Interesting.

LOL yea right, you really dont know who Donald Trump is... When he says that, he means "I will sue you" and worse. He is a bully, always has been and he will act like all bullies. He will refuse to leave the White House if the election results are close and him still losing. He will fight it all the way.. that is IF the GOP will back him, which they seem to not want to do so far.

We shall see, shall we not?
LOL!!

If there are problems with the election results...and given the current conditions, there WILL be problems...both sides will be suing.

Now...you can be disingenuous and complain about Trump while you ignore the Dems. That's a given. But Trump disputing the election results doesn't mean he won't leave the WH if the final resolution determines that he lost.

So get off your high horse.

This comment just reminds us of the fact that the lies you cultists tell yourselves are every bit as big as all the other ones who tell or spread.
And...still no quote.

And...still no quote.
Oh, it's a quote you want. Ask and you shall receive:
“I think this will end up in the Supreme Court. And I think it’s very important that we have nine justices,” Trump said. “It’s better if you go before the election, because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling — it’s a scam — the scam will be before the United States Supreme Court. And I think having a 4-4 situation is not a good situation.”

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...hile-refusing-commit-peaceful-transfer-power/

Is this a reference to some new lie or a recycled one from that election?

No, just curious if you were as outraged then when Gore sued to try and win the election, if not, why are you outraged now and it hasn't even happened?

LOL!!

If there are problems with the election results...and given the current conditions, there WILL be problems...both sides will be suing.

Now...you can be disingenuous and complain about Trump while you ignore the Dems. That's a given. But Trump disputing the election results doesn't mean he won't leave the WH if the final resolution determines that he lost.

So get off your high horse.

Trump said that a peaceful transition would be one where we get rid of the ballots, and he continues as President, all being said before the election has even taken place.

If I may suggest, the EC (as well as the Senate and the infamous "three-fifths" rule to count slaves in the census) was demanded by the South be be in the Constitution in order to give them more power than their populations provided them. They knew if the table wasn't tilted to them that slavery would be gone before they knew it. It corrupt purpose was a feature, not a bug.

Trump said that a peaceful transition would be one where we get rid of the ballots, and he continues as President, all being said before the election has even taken place.
Bullshit!

He didn't say that at all.

It's just as likely that the election will go before the Supremes because of Democrat lawsuits.

In any case, Trump didn't say anything about refusing to leave office if he loses.

You see...the reason you...and none of your Trump hating buddies...cannot find a quote is because you think disputing election results means refusal to leave office. It doesn't. It just means the election results are being disputed. Both sides will dispute the results if they think it'll benefit them. But...when all the disputes are resolved, we'll finally find out who won.

If Biden wins, Trump leaves and Biden moves in. If Trump wins, he stays (and the Dems, Trump haters and anarchists start destroying the country).

It’s very disheartening. I have lost patience with Trump supporters for the reasons you lay out. They are selling out our country and constitution to this person. Something is very wrong with a certain segment of the American population. It’s concerning and sad
lmao the fact that leftist say this stuff with a straight face makes me laugh every time.

It's just as likely that the election will go before the Supremes because of Democrat lawsuits.

In any case, Trump didn't say anything about refusing to leave office if he loses.

You see...the reason you...and none of your Trump hating buddies...cannot find a quote is because you think disputing election results means refusal to leave office. It doesn't. It just means the election results are being disputed. Both sides will dispute the results if they think it'll benefit them. But...when all the disputes are resolved, we'll finally find out who won.

If Biden wins, Trump leaves and Biden moves in. If Trump wins, he stays (and the Dems, Trump haters and anarchists start destroying the country).

Are you expecting a quote where Trump says verbatim, "I will not leave office if I lose this election"? Because that will never happen.

If it's silly, why do you and Trump refuse to answer?

I don't get a preferred candidate this time out, but if they were around they would simply answer "Yes, I will abide by the results of the election, and if I can't find anything legitimate to fight over, I won't fight it" before they began equivocating.

Trump was taken out of context, hence all the nonsense. Frankly, there are some on the left that sound like five year olds. If I say bitter sweet, all they hear is "sweet," and they want some. Well, it's no different than Trump being taken out of context, only the ulterior motive is a bit more alarming in that they are disingenuous and trying to make something out of nothing. And the reason why you're not getting the declaration that you want is because people are not going to be manipulated into stating the obvious, and are not going to behave like marionettes for the left. Thanks!!

Are you expecting a quote where Trump says verbatim, "I will not leave office if I lose this election"? Because that will never happen.

So then, either A. he never said it, or B. you are either incorrectly or correctly INFERRING it, and that would be your opinion......

Right?

BINGO!!!

It's because he NEVER SAID IT!

Yet, everyone SAYS that he said it...when he didn't. It's all the usual spin and lies.

So then, either A. he never said it, or B. you are either incorrectly or correctly INFERRING it, and that would be your opinion......

Right?

His entire schtick is to say incendiary and controversial things, but just with the slightest bit of vagueness that he can deny or backtrack.

That's how you do it. And it's worked for him so far.

BINGO!!!

It's because he NEVER SAID IT!

Yet, everyone SAYS that he said it...when he didn't. It's all the usual spin and lies.

If you think that him not saying it verbatim means there is no merit to the concern in what he said, you are incredibly naive.

These people won't answer for the reason why they are selling out our flag and constitution. He is supporting Trump not leaving if he loses the election. He is supporting dictatorship, there is no other conclusion.
I doubt it. Nobody is going to "support Trump" if he loses the election. The problem is that he could win, and if he does, the left is threatening violence. I already see signs being defaced. And the riots are meant to intimidate, so I don't think "Trump losing" is a big problem. I think his winning is going to send a bunch of miscreants out into the streets. Thanks!!

His entire schtick is to say incendiary and controversial things, but just with the slightest bit of vagueness that he can deny or backtrack.

That's how you do it. And it's worked for him so far.

So then it's B. you are inferring it, and we will only know if you are correct on January 20th......

Until then, it's just your opinion......with no facts to back it up.

If you think that him not saying it verbatim means there is no merit to the concern in what he said, you are incredibly naive.
Concern is fine. Making shit up is not fine.

So then it's B. you are inferring it, and we will only know if you are correct on January 20th......

Until then, it's just your opinion......with no facts to back it up.

I am inferring based on the fact of the statement he made, yes. Inferences are made from facts and reasoning, and not just "made up".

Back
Top Bottom