• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Third world America?

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Is American patriotism exaggerated? What is the real state of welfare in the US? Can the country afford its democracy promotion effort? And, is it possible that America is becoming a third world country? CrossTalking with George Szamuely and Charles Blair. Watch the video and think. Third world America ? RT CrossTalk

I recommend you spend your time worrying about Russian affairs and the leave the U.S. to us.

I'm fine with a significant drop in the US standard of living in order to promote democracy elsewhere. We are morally obligated.

I recommend you spend your time worrying about Russian affairs and the leave the U.S. to us.

*laughs* Why do not tolerate? You are also involved in the affairs of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria .... Russia. Or are you afraid of the prospects?

Is American patriotism exaggerated? What is the real state of welfare in the US? Can the country afford its democracy promotion effort? And, is it possible that America is becoming a third world country? CrossTalking with George Szamuely and Charles Blair. Watch the video and think. Third world America ? RT CrossTalk

If you want an opinion you could start by providing one. What do people in Russia (assuming that you are from there?) think about these questions? What do you think first?

Is it possible that, after the break up of the USSR, Russia became an irrelevent third world country?

I'm fine with a significant drop in the US standard of living in order to promote democracy elsewhere. We are morally obligated.

"We are morally obligated." *laughs*
narcomafia_3_800.jpg

*laughs* Why do not tolerate? You are also involved in the affairs of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria .... Russia. Or are you afraid of the prospects?

Putin will assure you have no prospects. Keep electing him.

l appreciate you eco

but governors dont agree with you

democracy is not their business

radical islamists movements ,fascist dictators are supported by them

We don't owe anyone anything

We aren't morally obligated to do anything

I'm old enough that I'm no longer afraid of anything.

What a sad and hopeless philosophy.

The sad and hopeless philosophy is actually believing America becoming poorer will make the world a better place.

That it somehow "promotes Democracy".

Uggh...I would agree America has problems but saying the US is becoming a third world country is just ridiculous.

If you want an opinion you could start by providing one. What do people in Russia (assuming that you are from there?) think about these questions? What do you think first?

I don't know what to do people in Russia. After the reign of the two idiots in Russia (Gorbachev and Yeltsin), Russia was destroyed, was a large public debt, there was a civil war. Gold reserve was virtually no. Russia was weak. Now Russia is one of the smallest external debts in the world and one of the largest gold reserves. No civil war. Russia is one of the leading exporters of food. On the space station can be reached only on Russian rockets. Russia is building the world's best nuclear power plants. Every day in Russia opens new productions. I intentionally did not write about the oil, gas and other raw materials. Russia is now the freest country. You can talk endlessly. I don't know what to do people in Russia. I answered your question? But the topic is not about Russia, if you have not noticed. You want to know my opinion about the situation in the U.S.? All right. United States lives in debt. Sooner or later the debt should be returned. Give nothing. Expenditures exceed revenues multiple times. I think the U.S. has two options. Both are terrible. 1) Hyperinflation - devalue its debt and the accumulation of its citizens, pension funds, benefits .... (see Weimar Republic of Germany in the 20s) 2) Untying Third World War in an attempt to hide behind the ocean. In any case, when the debt bubble burst, many will lose everything. The remaining businesses will be closed. Greatly increase crime. Given the large number of weapons from the population - it will be scary in twins. Start racial conflicts. The population itself will require a steady hand. And then will come the new Fuhrer. Declare somebody guilty.... And further you know.

We should have "shock and awed" those Russian tanks invading Georgia.

The investigation of the UN Commission on the Conflict in Georgia learned - Georgia was the aggressor. Only post is not about Georgia and not about Russia. *laughs*

When massive civil unrest breaks out (and they will, the only question is time), there is a considerable possibility that it will escalate into armed rebellion and perhaps even a civil war. This, of course, would turn the United States into a third-world country.

When massive civil unrest breaks out (and they will, the only question is time), there is a considerable possibility that it will escalate into armed rebellion and perhaps even a civil war. This, of course, would turn the United States into a third-world country.

Right. You are a man of insight.

I don't know what to do people in Russia. After the reign of the two idiots in Russia (Gorbachev and Yeltsin), Russia was destroyed, was a large public debt, there was a civil war. Gold reserve was virtually no. Russia was weak. Now Russia is one of the smallest external debts in the world and one of the largest gold reserves. No civil war. Russia is one of the leading exporters of food. On the space station can be reached only on Russian rockets. Russia is building the world's best nuclear power plants. Every day in Russia opens new productions. I intentionally did not write about the oil, gas and other raw materials. Russia is now the freest country. You can talk endlessly. I don't know what to do people in Russia. I answered your question? But the topic is not about Russia, if you have not noticed. You want to know my opinion about the situation in the U.S.? All right. United States lives in debt. Sooner or later the debt should be returned. Give nothing. Expenditures exceed revenues multiple times. I think the U.S. has two options. Both are terrible. 1) Hyperinflation - devalue its debt and the accumulation of its citizens, pension funds, benefits .... (see Weimar Republic of Germany in the 20s) 2) Untying Third World War in an attempt to hide behind the ocean. In any case, when the debt bubble burst, many will lose everything. The remaining businesses will be closed. Greatly increase crime. Given the large number of weapons from the population - it will be scary in twins. Start racial conflicts. The population itself will require a steady hand. And then will come the new Fuhrer. Declare somebody guilty.... And further you know.

Your general assessments are relatively accurate. Regarding the debt, I expect at some point the Federal Reserve CORPORATION will declare bankruptcy and the US Treasury will begin to issue National Currency, all the while badmouthing the Federal Reserve as if they were a bad guy. The World's largest banks collude to adjust currencies to create instant profits and steal from their neighbors. I offer this opinion because your Third World War theory would be a believable option in a Nation that has historically profited from WAR. That is definitely the USA. I think Putin is really clever and snookered ol' David Rockefeller, ExxonMobil, and JPMorgan Chase when they incorporated Rosneft, purchased the Russian gas and oil, and kept the Russian patrimony of oil and gas within their borders. The US Corporations thought they were going to acquire those assets for $24 Billion and as I said, they got snookered by Putin. He seems to be good for Russians. Most USA and about half of the people on this board think they get knowledge from the Television, but you probably already perceived that. Amusing, eh?

My wife is Russian and I have been there on 5 different occasions. While much of what you say is true about Russia's recovery but there is still a LONG way to go before they catch up to the United States and most of Europe. While there are many nice "parts" of St. Petersburg and Moscow, there are also vast areas of squalor. The "wealth gap" is staggering. Cops and other government workers are grossly underpaid to the point that not only is corruption rampant, it is absolutely necessary for survival. Much of rural Russia is the dilapidated remains of the fall of the Soviet Union. I've been there and seen it with my own eyes as recently as this past May. There are half built factories, homes, power plants, and other structures all over the place that are now in the process of being reclaimed by nature because the work stopped on them 25 years ago and no one has touched them since. The roads and infrastructure are also in desperate need of repair. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture...

I do agree with you about Georgia, though. Americans don't know the real story behind it and only know what they here on the news here. I get the inside scoop from my wife and her family and yes, Russia had every right to do what they did.

Back
Top Bottom