• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Third-party support surging

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Voters now confronted with the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are making something abundantly clear: they want another option.

Surveys over the last six weeks have found a steady but noticeable jump in support for third-party candidates. The biggest beneficiary has been Libertarian Gary Johnson, who has shot up from 4.5 percent to 7.2 percent in RealClearPolitics polling averages. Green Party candidate Jill Stein has also seen an uptick since June — from 2.5 percent to 3.5 percent.
Third-party support surging | TheHill

they'll never make 15%

Voters now confronted with the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are making something abundantly clear: they want another option.

Surveys over the last six weeks have found a steady but noticeable jump in support for third-party candidates. The biggest beneficiary has been Libertarian Gary Johnson, who has shot up from 4.5 percent to 7.2 percent in RealClearPolitics polling averages. Green Party candidate Jill Stein has also seen an uptick since June — from 2.5 percent to 3.5 percent.
Third-party support surging | TheHill

Be sure and let me know if Johnson gets up to 25% and then I'll take some notice. :coffeepap:

they'll never make 15%
It's not what they make in terms of winning (they won't), but how they throw the election for one candidate or the other.

A'la Ralph Nader in 2K.

I don't care how much support each minor party candidate gets but I'd like it to be enough that whichever Democrat is elected has less than 35% of the votes cast.

i don't care how much support each minor party candidate gets but i'd like it to be enough that whichever democrat is elected has less than 35% of the votes cast.

Yes!!!

Back
Top Bottom