• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

THinking on Syria

274ina

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The only inteligent period of US foreign policy is 1914 - 1917.

They gassed each other....................and we were fine...................we let them kill each other.
They bombed each other...................and we were fine....................we let them kill each other.
They shot each other......................and e were fine........................we let them kill each other.
They died of disease........................and we were fine......................we let them kill each other.

Then the STUPIDITY of 1939-45.
Korea
Vietnam
TOTALLY IRRELIVANT tropical islands. The Geinus of Mr RAYGUN.....
Iraq
Afganistan happened. ($2T so far)

Now syria.

When will we learn?????????????????????????? that 1776 to 1917 was the best "foreign policy" ????????????????

They will kill each other "over there".............LET THEM................

the real "crime" is back in USA...............

101026_nickelsville.jpg

Last edited:

They gassed each other....................and we were fine...................we let them kill each other.
They bombed each other...................and we were fine....................we let them kill each other.
They shot each other......................and e were fine........................we let them kill each other.
They died of disease........................and we were fine......................we let them kill each other.

Korea
Vietnam
Iraq

Now syria.

When will we learn?????????????????????????? that 1776 to 1917 was the best "foreign policy" ????????????????

View attachment 67152861

during the Iraq-Iran war, Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran and we knew it and did and said nothing because we wanted Iraq to win ...

And we all know Reagan could do no wrong with Saddam.

I would love to see Obama hand this Congress their lunch in a British Parliament-style debate.

during the Iraq-Iran war, Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran and we knew it and did and said nothing because we wanted Iraq to win ...

Korea
Vietnam
Iraq

Now syria.

View attachment 67152861

If we sit on our hands and let it happen 'over there' long enough eventually it will be happening right here in the good old USA.

Remember Pearl harbor, December 7, 1941?

That was a big shock to a lot of people in the USA that we could have prevented if we had tackled Japan before it happened.

Last edited:
I hope we stay out of Syria, let them clean up their own mess.

If we sit on our hands and let it happen 'over there' long enough eventually it will be happening right here in the good old USA.

That was a big shock to a lot of people in the USA that we could have prevented if we had tackled Japan before it happened.

That is a terrible analogy. Does syria have any naval capabilities even close to WW2 Japan? Could they even establish themselves in that area without us knowing? Not to mention syria is in a civil war which kinduv prevents a long range attack on america. If they were to divert forces to a fight with the US, or even a US ally like Isreal, their regime would collapse at home. That is pure dishonest fear mongering at it's worst. At least use 9/11 which would possibly be the only method they would have to do an attack, not a military attack that would require capabilities they are not even close to. NK poses a much bigger threat than they do, and they are not much of a threat at all.

Are you glad that the USA stayed out of the Nazis Holocaust 'mess'?

exactly How bad would something have to be before you would think that maybe, just maybe, the USA should get involved?

Good lord....somebody's been drinking the kool-aid by the buckets.

How's that Afghanistan thing going for us? It's only been what....a decade or more now?

Good lord....somebody's been drinking the kool-aid by the buckets.

How's that Afghanistan thing going for us? It's only been what....a decade or more now?

What have you done to help?

Other than whining from the sidelines and trying to blame it all on Obama?

I think all of you who wish to act, should do so. Go volunteer in the military of the side you support. Just leave the USA out of it.

What have you done to help?

Other than whining from the sidelines and trying to blame it all on Obama?

You're right. We should just start dropping nuclear weapons on the entire ME region and turn it all into a glass monument for how wonderful, strong, and moral we Americans are.

:roll:

You're right. We should just start dropping nuclear weapons on the entire ME region and turn it all into a glass monument for how wonderful, strong, and moral we Americans are.

:roll:

No.

We should leave the Middle East alone, until they are a threat again. To just attack for 'feel good' reasons are evil reasons in my book.

exactly How bad would something have to be before you would think that maybe, just maybe, the USA should get involved?

Pretty darn bad (which it is)...
the real question would be what would you have us do? Support the Govement of Syria? Support the Rebels? Just support the 'people' over there? Set up a new goverment without both groups? The problem with getting involved is there is no "good guys" in the fight, and our "allies" in the area don't want to do anything to help. Our "enemies" are looking for any reason what so ever to start a fight or at least to make us look like the bad guys that have to micromanage the world.

And that's not the only thing rush warned us about--he also told us that if we don't stop Syria, Assad will nuke the US. Weren't you listening to him carefully?

I am soooooooooooo tired of the double standards on the left side of the aisle.
Here's a link showing our vice president, threatening impeachment of George Bush in 2007 if he attacked Iran without getting congressional authorization and the violation to the Constitution over such an attack. Today Obama is contemplating the same with Syria and somehow now it's alright?

Joe Biden Says Obama Should be Impeached - YouTube

Hey why have just one standard when double standards can mean so much more.

The Brits and French had said they will not get involved in Syria. If Obama attacks Syria without approval from congress will he be a war monger?

No.

We should leave the Middle East alone, until they are a threat again. To just attack for 'feel good' reasons are evil reasons in my book.

I'm guessing you missed the sarcasm?

Note the use of :roll: after my comment.

The Brits and French had said they will not get involved in Syria. If Obama attacks Syria without approval from congress will he be a war monger?

Using the same standard the left held Bush to that would be a Yes.

Korea
Vietnam
Iraq

Now syria.

View attachment 67152861

First Obama has never said anything about going to war with Syria ...Obama's plan is a STRIKE.....not a war. He has never said he would send any US GI's into this fray.

Second ...I find it ironic ...that those who suddenly see the light ...and want Obama to sit on his hands ....are the same people nobody could convince Iraq was an unnecessary war.

You people need to STFU ...Obama got it right and voted against all of you and the Iraq war ....Obama got Bin Laden ......I trust him to get this right as well.

Because Syria and Japan are the same thing.... :roll: I've said it and I will say it again, it's not our fight!

We didn't get involved in WW2 until we were attacked by the Japanese. We didn't get involved with the Germans until they declared war on us.

Because Syria and Japan are the same thing.... :roll: I've said it and I will say it again, it's not our fight!

It may not be your fight, but if you'll stay tuned to the news you will soon see the USA in the fight, whether you like it or not.

And I seriously doubt that anyone will be asking for your permission.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

It may not be your fight, but if you'll stay tuned to the news you will soon see the USA in the fight, whether you like it or not.

And I seriously doubt that anyone will be asking for your permission.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Why are you so gung-ho about the fight? A LOT of the country disagrees with you. Obama can go to war, but he needs permission first, he can't just arbitrarily decide to go.

Here we go again. Why is it this country sees force as a way through everything? Why is this king of liberals just as willing as Barry Goldwater to let fly with American righteousness known as bombing and killing because we don't accept negotiating if it takes longer than a bonehead president that never served like his VP has been quoted as saying "cross the red line". Who is this dead pimp American president to threaten innocent people with rhetoric of mass destruction? We are alone in our commitment to destroy while the entire world refuses our way of "solving problems". At the same time this country calls for gun control at home. Shut up Obama or hit the ground with your boots on like those you send to their early deaths.

Ye, they stayed out for a long time.
That's because the mess was in Europe and it was in US's interest to not get involved.

As far as it was spread outside it, things got worse.
If Japan wouldn't attack US, I doubt they would be involved.

Point is to make the right decision at the right moment.
Not to make something every time there is a chance.

Back
Top Bottom