• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Things you should NEVER say to me

bub

R.I.P. Léo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There are some things that I HATE being told (like my dad asking me every friday if I plan to go play with the brass band, while I've been going there every friday for 7 or 8 years, or my mum saying things like "drive carefuly", "don't drink" or "be safe", as if I had planned to drive plastered, at 150mph on small roads and with my lights off)

But the worst thing you could tell me is, during the examens (like now), "did you make progress in your work?", "did you study well today?" or "are you ready for the exams yet?"

A guy told me that on MSN today, if he had been in front of me I'd have smashed his head on a table.

head-shot.gif
throw-rocks.gif
whipping.gif

Last edited:
There are some things that I HATE being told (like my dad asking me every friday if I plan to go play with the brass band, while I've been going there every friday for 7 or 8 years, or my mum saying things like "drive carefuly", "don't drink" or "be safe", as if I had planned to drive plastered, at 150mph on small roads and with my lights off)

But the worst thing you could tell me is, during the examens (like now), "did you make progress in your work?", "did you study well today?" or "are you ready for the exams yet?"

A guy told me that on MSN today, if he had been in front of me I'd have smashed his head on a table.

That is something we Moms can't help saying, even if we know our kid(s) are the safest drivers in the world. It has more to do with the other drivers out there, who are simply bat**** crazy and psychotic. Try not to take it as a personal attack on your driving skills, unless you happen to be a member of said bat**** crazy psychotic driver's club. :mrgreen: ;)

That is something we Moms can't help saying, even if we know our kid(s) are the safest drivers in the world. It has more to do with the other drivers out there, who are simply bat**** crazy and psychotic. Try not to take it as a personal attack on your driving skills, unless you happen to be a member of said bat**** crazy psychotic driver's club. :mrgreen: ;)

I know, and I never tell her "shut the **** up", but jees, she could also make an effort lol

bub,

it is easy to beat. You just respond using a smart ass comment like what you said in your post.

"Be safe"
"Is it better to be safe? Man and here I was planning on driving 130 mph drunk as ****".

bub,

it is easy to beat. You just respond using a smart ass comment like what you said in your post.

"Be safe"
"Is it better to be safe? Man and here I was planning on driving 130 mph drunk as ****".

oh, and I never wear my seatbelt

How was work today Bub?

How was work today Bub?

Very productive, as usual: I didn't spend hours on facebook or on wikipedia, I woke up very early, and I didn't take a 2-hours nap in the garden. Oh and I read and summarized the whole commercial law syllabus by the way.

Last edited:

head-shot.gif
throw-rocks.gif
whipping.gif

Your dad asks you that every Friday because he loves you and wants to be involved in your life, and it's probably the one thing he can get you to respond to so he probably uses it as an icebreaker to talk about other things.

Your mum tells you to drive carefully, don't drink, and be safe because she loves you and there's a lot of **** in this world that can kill you and that's her way of reminding you because, as I said before, she loves you.

The guy probably asked about whether or not you're ready for exams because if it was just a classmate it's probably the only thing he can relate with you to talk to you. If he was a sincere friend, he probably wanted to make sure you were well-prepared for it so you could pass your exams.

If these are the only things that irk you in your day, I'd say that you have pretty good days.

Your dad asks you that every Friday because he loves you and wants to be involved in your life, and it's probably the one thing he can get you to respond to so he probably uses it as an icebreaker to talk about other things.

Your mum tells you to drive carefully, don't drink, and be safe because she loves you and there's a lot of **** in this world that can kill you and that's her way of reminding you because, as I said before, she loves you.

Yes I know, that's why I'm always respectful with them. I always find it irritating, but when I'm home (I spend the week in another town, so I see them only the week ends) I try to be as pleasant as possible.

The guy probably asked about whether or not you're ready for exams because if it was just a classmate it's probably the only thing he can relate with you to talk to you. If he was a sincere friend, he probably wanted to make sure you were well-prepared for it so you could pass your exams.

That's something you never ask to a student. It's like telling a woman she's fat.

If these are the only things that irk you in your day, I'd say that you have pretty good days.

My other problems are too serious to be discussed on an internet forum :p

Yes I know, that's why I'm always respectful with them. I always find it irritating, but when I'm home (I spend the week in another town, so I see them only the week ends) I try to be as pleasant as possible.

You're a good son. :)

That's something you never ask to a student. It's like telling a woman she's fat.

I'll tell a woman she's fat.

My other problems are too serious to be discussed on an internet forum :p

Fair 'nuff. Just thought I'd put some things into perspective.

head-shot.gif
throw-rocks.gif
whipping.gif

My favorite is when my partner calls me between 8 and 5 on a weekday and asks "What are you up to?" :doh

When your parents have preceded you in death, you will fervently wish they were here to irritate the hell out of you. Be thankful you have parents who love you and don't tell you to go play on the interstate.

Back
Top Bottom