• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Things/Words/Phrases/People you hope will disappear in 2019 - NO POLITICAL REPLIES

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Not Forensic Files disappear..... just not hear about anymore. :)

This is a non-political thread. Create your own thread if you want to make it political. Thanks.

What do you hope to not hear about anymore in 2019?

I'm very, very over the "Yaaaas queen!" crap that younger generation has picked up in the past couple of years. That can go.

What say you?

I'm very, very over the "Yaaaas queen!" crap that younger generation has picked up in the past couple of years. That can go.

What say you?

I do not every remember hearing that!

I'm ignoring the right people!

This is a non-political thread. Create your own thread if you want to make it political. Thanks.

What say you?

curate

I can’t think of anything that doesn’t violate your guidelines............

So, you know, like it's all good at the end of the day, let me tell you, literally.

I do not every remember hearing that!

I'm ignoring the right people!

I don't know of anyone here who talks like that. It's mostly just on Youtube and Instagram.

What the heck is yaaaas queen? But off the top of my head, I'm sick and tired of "blah, blah, blah, being considered a substitute for actual words. And I'm even more annoyed about the people I expect more from, using it.

Things/Words/Phrases/People you hope will disappear in 2019 - NO POLITICAL REPLIES

corporate speak. let's just have a meeting, figure out what we can fix, and then do it. i have watched a three meeting problem stretch into like twenty meetings while we all pretended that we were kaizen ninjas or whatever. we did eventually fix the problem, though.

What say you?

Reality TV shows, et al. Especially anything that has singing (with or without masks or costumes), dancing (with or without stars), bachelors(ettes), surviving in the woods or on an island (naked or clothed), most redneck based shows (those are better on YouTube fail videos anyway), and... I could keep going.

What the heck is yaaaas queen?

What a teenager might post in the comments of some famous woman's (or gay man's) photo that they think looks great:

IMG_1249.jpg

corporate speak. let's just have a meeting, figure out what we can fix, and then do it. i have watched a three meeting problem stretch into like twenty meetings while we all pretended that we were kaizen ninjas or whatever. we did eventually fix the problem, though.

Amen.

Agenda's can be set via email. I hate going to meetings just to identify what we may or may not talk about in future meetings. I can't wait to try out the new multi-person FaceTime function that Apple is offering now. That should save me some time.

What say you?

"Curriculum Vitae". Just write a damned resume and get over your bad self!

What say you?

• The extraneous ("Valley Girl" ?) use of "like" as in, "I was, like, amazed that..."

Anything Kardashian-related.

You're not interested in Kim's new perfume? The bottle is a mold of her naked body. Who wouldn't want it, right?

• The extraneous ("Valley Girl" ?) use of "like" as in, "I was, like, amazed that..."

Anything Kardashian-related.

You two are ancient; I still talk about US citizens and what holds their attention and use Kardashian as an example, so I am dated, too!

Reality TV shows, et al. Especially anything that has singing (with or without masks or costumes), dancing (with or without stars), bachelors(ettes), surviving in the woods or on an island (naked or clothed), most redneck based shows (those are better on YouTube fail videos anyway), and... I could keep going.

You sell your countrymen short; that crap keeps the masses enthralled and passive.........

You're not interested in Kim's new perfume? The bottle is a mold of her naked body. Who wouldn't want it, right?

Is the bottle plastic?

The Miami Dolphins

What the heck is yaaaas queen? But off the top of my head, I'm sick and tired of "blah, blah, blah, being considered a substitute for actual words. And I'm even more annoyed about the people I expect more from, using it.
By my reckoning, "yaaaas queen" is a culturally-specific exclamation, though I cannot be sure if the one I've below described is the one the other member had in mind for what I'll share below pertains to an expression that'd be written and punctuated as "yaaaas, queen!", the exclamation point indicating intonation and emphasis, not the volume with one might utter the words.

What I think the saying means:
  • The "yaaaas" is merely the spelling of "yes" said in an exasperated way.

• Judging from the lingo my gay friends have used over the years, I think "yaaas, queen" is a spelling depicting an affected intonation for "yes, queen," and, AFAIK, "yes, queen" is phrase used in the LGBTQ community. It roughly carries the same meaning and tone as "yes, Miss Thing," "yes, bitch," "no, 'ho,'" or "yes, Negro," as uttered by a person of whom there's not the barest possibility that s/he means the noted noun in a remotely derogatory or otherwise personal or offensive way. The exasperation of the speaker (not an implied reference to/about the receiver) must be the only thing taken from the speaker's having uttered the phrase.
    • One drag queen can say "yes, queen" to another drag queen.
    • Gay men of a certain age and who aren't drag queens can say "yes, queen" to other gay men of that era who will, given the temporal commonality of their gay experience, understand "queen" as something of a convivial and commisserative term.
Like other culturally-specific expressions used by members of minority groups, "yes, queen" is a saying non-members are well advised to eschew using outside of rarefied and very specific circumstances. What are those situations? I can't enumerate them all, but I can say that if one uses such a saying/term and gets "askance" responses (subtle or overt), one used the saying in a setting/way one should not have.

By my reckoning, "yaaaas queen" is a culturally-specific exclamation, though I cannot be sure if the one I've below described is the one the other member had in mind for what I'll share below pertains to an expression that'd be written and punctuated as "yaaaas, queen!", the exclamation point indicating intonation and emphasis, not the volume with one might utter the words.

What I think the saying means:
  • The "yaaaas" is merely the spelling of "yes" said in an exasperated way.

• Judging from the lingo my gay friends have used over the years, I think "yaaas, queen" is a spelling depicting an affected intonation for "yes, queen," and, AFAIK, "yes, queen" is phrase used in the LGBTQ community. It roughly carries the same meaning and tone as "yes, Miss Thing," "yes, bitch," "no, 'ho,'" or "yes, Negro," as uttered by a person of whom there's not the barest possibility that s/he means the noted noun in a remotely derogatory or otherwise personal or offensive way. The exasperation of the speaker (not an implied reference to/about the receiver) must be the only thing taken from the speaker's having uttered the phrase.
    • One drag queen can say "yes, queen" to another drag queen.
    • Gay men of a certain age and who aren't drag queens can say "yes, queen" to other gay men of that era who will, given the temporal commonality of their gay experience, understand "queen" as something of a convivial and commisserative term.
Like other culturally-specific expressions used by members of minority groups, "yes, queen" is a saying non-members are well advised to eschew using outside of rarefied and very specific circumstances. What are those situations? I can't enumerate them all, but I can say that if one uses such a saying/term and gets "askance" responses (subtle or overt), one used the saying in a setting/way one should not have.

Tell me -- you type your replies while holding a little monocle to your left eye, don't you?

What say you?

"That's dope" and the Kardashians

Back
Top Bottom