• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Things that piss you off.

Higgins86

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Probably done one of these threads before but im such a horrible, miserable and angry human being I'm doing another one because I spend most of my day hating my fellow humans ;).

1. "Funny" T-Shirts because they are not funny and unless you can prove to me you wrote the line yourself im going to think your a ****.
2. Stickers on cars because I don't care about your opinion and im annoyed that its staring me in the face every time I stop at a traffic light.
3. Couples who walk around with their hands in each others back pocket....just **** off.
4. In the US shepherds pie never has lamb instead it has beef which instead makes it a cottage pie (On holiday in the US right now so this has been relevant to me recently)
5. Sunglasses inside because you look like a twat and we all know its much harder to see.

Those little stick people, including Mom Dad kids, dogs and cats in the back window of soccer Moms cars. Often the names are even below the little figure. You know, like "Hey, Mr Child Molester, my kids names are..." soo stupid.

(PS sorry everyone that has these in thier back windows)

When someone innapropriately and out of context makes an uncalled for critique. Example, I take my guests to a historical museum and am suddenly criticized from a guard!! :doh

Woe is me drama queens. "I went to see the fireworks for the 4th of july. They did not shoot them high enough and it didn't last long enough and they were not spectacular enough. They sooooo wasted my time that I could have used to sit here on facebook and flood your wall with other horrible things like the lady at the pharmacy who had an attitude because she answered the store phone when she was checking me out, the bus that was 3 minutes late to take me to work, my neighbors upstairs who dropped something and I heard it and I shouldn't have to put up with disturbances in my apartment...." and on an on and on.

Adults that use their children and animals to abuse others, then when confronted say innocently, "they're just kids -or- animals".

People at the checkout in front of you who pull out a fist full of coupons, then to make it worse break out into small talk with the cashier.

Drivers who make you almost crash into their tailgate after pulling in front of you suddenly, only to go 3 times slower than you were traveling.

Large people blocking an aisle in a shopping store acting completely oblivious to anyone trying to get by. Makes you feel like saying "move your fat ass!"

People that argue a point with so much emotion that they can't see another reasonable opinion no matter how intelligently and articulately you present it.

Probably done one of these threads before but im such a horrible, miserable and angry human being I'm doing another one because I spend most of my day hating my fellow humans ;).

1. "Funny" T-Shirts because they are not funny and unless you can prove to me you wrote the line yourself im going to think your a ****.
2. Stickers on cars because I don't care about your opinion and im annoyed that its staring me in the face every time I stop at a traffic light.
3. Couples who walk around with their hands in each others back pocket....just **** off.
4. In the US shepherds pie never has lamb instead it has beef which instead makes it a cottage pie (On holiday in the US right now so this has been relevant to me recently)
5. Sunglasses inside because you look like a twat and we all know its much harder to see.

So other than that, Higgins, you enjoying your holiday here? :lamo

If you think the stickers on cars citing opinions is bad, wait until you see the 'In Memory Of' decals. I get that you lost somebody folks, but do you not think other people have too?

#1 thing that pisses me off: Interstate Left lane, cell phone and driving 55 all at the same time. I want ramming bars on the front of my truck.....

For the last 6 months we've seen couples - lots of them - walking holding hands. I'm talking about people in their 50s and 60s, not teenagers. It is the fact that we see it often now. Suddenly it's some kind of goddam fad. Sure, fine, if it is just a couple of people. But, when you see it all the time? No. It is because everyone else is doing it. We live in the desert. It's hotter than hell. Hold hands, naaaaa. I wouldn't to begin with and especially when it's 112 degrees outside.

This past weekend my wife said, "I wonder how many couples walk around the house holding hands when there's no public to see them?"

We are over 50 and walk around in the house holding hands...NAKED.....hahaha...
For the last 6 months we've seen couples - lots of them - walking holding hands. I'm talking about people in their 50s and 60s, not teenagers. It is the fact that we see it often now. Suddenly it's some kind of goddam fad. Sure, fine, if it is just a couple of people. But, when you see it all the time? No. It is because everyone else is doing it. We live in the desert. It's hotter than hell. Hold hands, naaaaa. I wouldn't to begin with and especially when it's 112 degrees outside.

This past weekend my wife said, "I wonder how many couples walk around the house holding hands when there's no public to see them?"

Partisan assholes piss me off... Both sides of the aisle do it.. I just don't know how people can ignore facts (and I mean actual facts not he said/she said nonsense) just to reside within party lines...

Also, people who cant accept when they're wrong as if everything is just a matter of "opinion" or people who believe right and wrong is a basis of "opinion." Oh and those who try to rationalize their wrong doings into something that is logical. A perfect example of that would be "Robin Hood syndrome."

Partisan assholes piss me off... Both sides of the aisle do it.. I just don't know how people can ignore facts (and I mean actual facts not he said/she said nonsense) just to reside within party lines...

Also, people who cant accept when they're wrong as if everything is just a matter of "opinion" or people who believe right and wrong is a basis of "opinion." Oh and those who try to rationalize their wrong doings into something that is logical. A perfect example of that would be "Robin Hood syndrome."

I hear that, see this post of a person blatantly wrong about her claims, unapologetically:

Pffft, whatever. <shrug>

People who refer to my opinions as idiotic (or worse) and then have no intelligent rebuttal. When I think you are wrong, I simply present my case, I don't insult yours even if I completely disagree with you. The inability of some members to engage in civil discourse and to recognize that their opinions have no more value than anybody else's .

Why? Because this is the way of the stupid and the rude. As an adult, I find such people to be annoying. Even in debate, common courtesy is the only appropriate way of communicating.

Well the last kid moved out of the house last Monday. Nuthin but a naked party going on...sorry I dont know how I got on this. Rambling on pisses me off.
THAT is different.

Well the last kid moved out of the house last Monday. Nuthin but a naked party going on...sorry I dont know how I got on this. Rambling on pisses me off.

Congrats! Don't get too comfortable naked, in my experience they move back in a couple more times before they're officially on their own. :mrgreen:

Bet they stay moved out if I stay naked. Thanks for the tip.
Congrats! Don't get too comfortable naked, in my experience they move back in a couple more times before they're officially on their own. :mrgreen:

People who wear sunglasses when talking to me. It's rude. If I can't see your eyes, I won't trust you.

I was once in a relationship with a woman who liked to do this. I was fine with it, but...

We eventually broke up over her insane jealous insecurity. In hindsight, and researching about jealousy and insecurity, and putting puzzle pieces together, I have since concluded that whenever you see a mature couple holding hands it's because one of them is insecure. They have a need to tell the world, "This person is mine."

Folks who take for granted everybody else in the surrounding area wants to hear their ****ty music.

people that wear a gallon of cologne or perfume.

Employees... most often cashiers or servers... who tell me* that they'd rather be somewhere else at that moment.

Wow. Way to make me feel like a valued customer. I'm sorry I inconvenienced you and imposed on your time by coming in and contributing a small part to your wages.

*- Also applies when they complain to other co-workers within my earshot.

I like holding hands with my husband - indoors or out. :shrug: I don't think either of us are insecure, just been in love for a long time and still feel that way.

I like holding hands with my husband - indoors or out. :shrug: I don't think either of us are insecure, just been in love for a long time and still feel that way.

There are exceptions to every rule, darlin'.

By the way I saw a Lewis Grizzard quote in the Sports Section of the Orlando Sentinel last week. Lewis lives!

Morons in the drive-through at a fast food restaurant (both as a customer and as a former employee).....

1. McDonalds has been around long enough for you to know the menu. If you don't know what you want - GO INSIDE.
2. Multiple orders in the same car. If you folks can't figure the money out between yourselve - GO INSIDE (and find some smarter friends/family)
3. Special Orders in the drive-through. This is supposed to be the express route; take the onions and pickles off youselt. If you want it your way - GO INSIDE (at Burger King)
4. Have the money ready when you get to the window. Especially if you've got exact change. If you really need to do it that badly - GO INSIDE
5. If there's a better than 10% chance your car engine will stall in the drive-through lane - GO INSIDE.
6. If you have more than 5 people and/or more than 2 children in the car - GO INSIDE.

Trashy reality shows like "Honey Poo Poo" and her farting, belching family of pigs ruining TV.

The opposites of political correctness to socially unacceptable behavior. Whatever happened to common sense?

People who publicly wear clothing that should be left at home.

Fast food drive-in's that make you scream your order then get it wrong anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom