• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Things that don't help reasonable Christians...

Feel persecuted much?

He was arguing that you can't pretend the people in the article are not Christians. They represent a sect or group of Christianity. He was arguing that since Christianity is a shared belief system, you cannot disown those members who interpret that belief system in a different way than yourself. They are just as Christan as you, but they practice it in a different way. Atheists, by contrast, do not have a belief system. They are just people who don't believe in God.

Than please point out what in my response had to do with his comment.

I know exactly what he was talking about, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with my response.

My response was about the Mosaic law not applying to Christians. Had nothing to do with them being Christians or not.

Then he replies to me like something I said was even remotely associated.

Last edited:
This is too simplistic a view on both counts. Athiems can count as a world view within broader materialism and Chrisitian can be a simple as a single issue. People are always more complicated than this.

Kindly present the atheist worldview.

There isn't one. The ONLY thing in common among atheists is a lack of belief in god(s). PERIOD. You can't derive ANYTHING from such a lack of belief on its own.

One can derive a worldview from Christianity because being a Christian is more than holding a single position on a single issue. Being a Christian is more than simply being a THEIST or an THEIST(having a belief/disbelief in god(s)). I'll leave it to the Christians to argue with each other over the specifics of who is or isn't a Christian and what makes one a "true" Christian.

And what does this have to do with my comment?
1) Do you acknowledge that you share the label "Christian" with those mentioned in the OP?

2) Would it be correct to say that particular brands/sects/beliefs of Christians (such as those mentioned in the OP) are harmful, wrong, and perhaps evil?

Last edited:
1) Do you acknowledge that you share the label "Christian" with those mentioned in the OP?

Yes. Again has nothing to do with my post.

2) Would it be correct to say that particular brands/sects/beliefs of Christians (such as those mentioned in the OP) are harmful, wrong, and perhaps evil?

Of course, lots of evil has been done in the name of a god, so what? Had nothing to do with my post.

Why again did you single out my post for your responce?

PS: http://www.debatepolitics.com/relig...p-reasonable-christians-2.html#post1059101308

You mite want to read that.

Last edited:
Why again did you single out my post for what amounted to an anti-Christian rant that had nothing at all to do with my post?
I fail to see how my post is anti-christian.

Please explain how my post is anti-christian.

Ok it was not. Now answer my post.

Blackdog said:
Here is my opriginal reply to this thread...

No it would not. That does not apply to Christians at all.

I thought you were replying to the OP in this thread (as indicated by your statement), not the quote about woven fibers.

Last edited:
But you replied directly to...

No it would not. That does not apply to Christians at all.

The message overall from those Christians in the article is indeed repugnant to say the least.
- http://www.debatepolitics.com/relig...p-reasonable-christians-2.html#post1059099765

Please point out how I indicated the original post? :roll:
I assumed you were referring to the OP since you said your reply was to the THREAD and not a particular POST. I didn't click on the link.

Is your curiosity satisfied? Can we move onto something more productive now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom