• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Things I can envision the government doing.

P

press

1. You know how in chess you often sacrifice a pawn, knight, or even a queen sometimes, hoping that your opponent will take the bait, giving you checkmate? Well, I can see the Pentagon playing chess with the soldiers. By that I mean sending a squad of about 5,000 to a city from the west side, knowing that they would get killed by the resistance of 10,000 terrorists, but hoping that they will distract the terrorists so that a squad of 20,000 SEALs can attack from the east side mere hours later and take over the vital territory. The thing about this is that the soldiers who die get no say. If they disobey an order, they risk the death penalty.

2. I can see the CIA killing people without a trial, lawyer, or proof of guilt if they accuse the suspect for committing an act of severe treason. For example, on the show American Dad, one episode, Roger ran away and the CIA was looking for him. If he was found, he would have told them about the family that had been keeping him. I can see the CIA abandoning the constitution and executing the family upon accusation. The execution would be carried out within hours, so there would be no time to appeal to the Supreme Court.

3. I heard a rumor on the internet that Kerry, in the 2004 election, was asked to concede because the current government officials felt that there was a chance that he might beat Bush in the official vote, so they bribed Kerry into conceding so that Bush could retain his power. Strangely, I can see the government doing this.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess I need to get it out of my system.

i know the feeling of needing to get something out of your system. also I can see the government doing this, even on a daily basis, and also in some of the lower "things" i guess i cant find the word I'm looking for.

press said:
1. You know how in chess you often sacrifice a pawn, knight, or even a queen sometimes, hoping that your opponent will take the bait, giving you checkmate? Well, I can see the Pentagon playing chess with the soldiers. By that I mean sending a squad of about 5,000 to a city from the west side, knowing that they would get killed by the resistance of 10,000 terrorists, but hoping that they will distract the terrorists so that a squad of 20,000 SEALs can attack from the east side mere hours later and take over the vital territory.
This happens all the time in war. Its not new.

2. I can see the CIA killing people without a trial, lawyer, or proof of guilt if they accuse the suspect for committing an act of severe treason. I can see the CIA abandoning the constitution and executing the family upon accusation. The execution would be carried out within hours, so there would be no time to appeal to the Supreme Court.
In violation of just about every federal law imaginable.
The people that do this would go to jail.

3. I heard a rumor on the internet that Kerry, in the 2004 election, was asked to concede because the current government officials felt that there was a chance that he might beat Bush in the official vote, so they bribed Kerry into conceding so that Bush could retain his power. Strangely, I can see the government doing this.
Well, if you saw it on the internet, it must be true.

2 couldn't happen unless we offically delcare war no?

128shot said:
2 couldn't happen unless we offically delcare war no?

2) could only happen if the CIA agents in question lost their mind and decided they wanted to go to jail.

Here in lies the loss of the peoples power in goverment. Paramilitary.
The president and congress must agree to send our military to war, that is our National defense the Armed forces. A president can never order a takeover by military power because of this check system.

Our power is in whom we elect to enforce our laws upon us. I elect my judges, district attorneys, sheriff, and chief of police. The Constitutions tells me that no one not under my power of a vote and enforce laws taking away my life, freedom and persuit of happiness. I made the laws, I understood them and their consequences, and I decide who enforces them upon me. Thus when found breaking a law, I did it all. Not the cops, or the judges, I understood my responsibilites and agreed to them, civil officers are enforcing the peoples will.
When you no longer make your laws, and people you have no power over have that power over your life to take away your inaliable rights, there is something not right in this Democracy.
Respect of law has plummeted, feelings of pursecution and alienation from the civil process flourish because laws are not agreed to by the people, instead they are implemented upon us without our consent.
Elected officials of the court are subject to my vote if they abuse that power. I do not elect the FBI, CIA, DEA, Homeland Security or Highway Patrol, yet there are Federal Prisions, and I can lose my rights with no recourse provided by the Constitution.
Paramilitary means outside the Armed forces and subject to 1 leaders orders without influence or approval of the people. No matter the President or his party these people can operate at will, with no accountability to the voters.
There is a scary vision.

Back
Top Bottom