• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"They're trying to cancel Trump"

The foolish Trump defense is more like a gang of idiots trying to kidnap a family, arriving with zip ties, body bags, bone saws and a map to a remote cabin. Then, after failing miserably at the snatch and grab, they turn around and say, "Hey, why are you prosecuting me?"

That's the Trumpian argument today.
No, one of their primary arguments is that "Antifa/BLM incitement of riots by Democrats" is a double standard. I don't think any impeachment debate Republican denied the Capitol siege.

All impeachments are political.
Ummm...no not really. Trump abso****inglutely broke virtually every law we have a crime for. Incitement of Insurrection is an incredibly serious crime for which there is very clearly a rational basis for.

Your defense is rather pathetic.

Trump is responsible for what occurred, he lies to the country for months, whipped them into a frenzy and while the building was being attacked, tweeted attacks at Mike Pence and refused to deploy the national guard to assist.

He just be held responsible and those that have a problem with that are pissed anyway based on lies that the election was stolen from Trump.

Stop pretending that being “nice” to Trump, them or you will change a damn thing.

I’ll make this short and sweet...
Look to how the House minority leader, Kevin McCarthy thinks about the impeachment, the insurrection and the president’s complicity.

My thoughts mirror his one hundred percent.

I agree but Nunes wins the ass kisser award he willingly lied and ran interference for Donny T. The milk farmer is a threat to all of us.
He certainly is.

Edges toward life boat. Backs away. Edges again towards life boat. Backs away.

Where are the conservative Trump defenders with character?

I don't go along with the left's stupidity to further divide the country with their grandstanding political impeachment.
Your disagreement is telling.

But it was okay for Trump to be screaming about rigged elections and getting his base good angry. Perfect.

Yes, it is. You lost and now you ask that the rhetoric to be toned down.....
Where were you before when Trump was ratcheting up the rhetoric? Oh yeah you were there supporting him.
You claim the dems need to tone it down while inciting more civil discourse by name calling .
Well said, very true, I agree.

But it was okay for Trump to be screaming about rigged elections and getting his base good angry. Perfect.

Just when the embers started to smolder, Trump kept pouring gasoline on the fire. Why doesn't that upset the conservatives who defend Trump but like to yell from their life raft that they never ever ever voted for him?

The ones who are slowly inching away from Trump are the most morally disgusting of the bunch. True scum of the earth people.

A year from now, they'll be leading off their posts with, "I never voted for Trump . . ."

As if we'll forget their complicity.

Geezus

People have been angry. They've been angry watching Trump lie for 4 years. They've been angry watching him tarnish the role of the office as well as our country. And they've especially been angry watching him ramble on about some stolen election. So where were you guys then? Where were the republicans that chanted right along with Trump there was fraud? Did it really take 60+ lawsuits for the light bulb to come on?

So no, to start trying to lay blame to the people who are not going to just overlook his BS is beyond whacked. It falls squarely on the shoulders of Donald J Trump.
Well said!

Yeah, I'm looking for trixie posts expressing moral outrage at Trump and Trump supporters for pouring gasoline on the fire about the false claims about rigged elections.

Funny, I'm not coming up with anything.

Huh.

Now everything she's saying here just sounds hypocritical. Surely that isn't the impression she intended.

Your defense is rather pathetic.

Trump is responsible for what occurred, he lies to the country for months, whipped them into a frenzy and while the building was being attacked, tweeted attacks at Mike Pence and refused to deploy the national guard to assist.

He just be held responsible and those that have a problem with that are pissed anyway based on lies that the election was stolen from Trump.

Stop pretending that being “nice” to Trump, them or you will change a damn thing.
Couldn't agree more!

I just heard a bit of McClintock (R, CA) pretty much deny that Trump had anything to do with encouraging the siege. Damn Californian progressive.

Yeah, I'm looking for trixie posts expressing moral outrage at Trump and Trump supporters for pouring gasoline on the fire about the false claims about rigged elections.

Funny, I'm not coming up with anything.

Huh.

Now everything she's saying here just sounds hypocritical. Surely that isn't the impression she intended.
Walks like a duck...........

I don't go along with the left's stupidity to further divide the country with their grandstanding political impeachment.
Your disagreement is telling.

Yes I am sure you would prefer to do more unifying things to move the country forward, like look for Obama’s birth certificate for another 6 years straight. I hear you’re not gonna believe what Trump’s top people are finding on it!🤣

The country is in shambles. It is bleeding. It is in serious decline. People are angry.
Why make it worse?

The TOXIC Democrats are making it worse. They are harming this nation. They don't keep pretending that they are doing something good for the country, they don't keep dividing pretending that they are uniting, they don't keep pouring salt on the wounds of the country by another grandstanding, shit show POLITICAL impeachment of an outgoing president already defeated by the electorate. They need to tone down the rhetoric, but too late for that...
Way to ignore the rhetoric that got us here in the first place.

You sound like the abusovd husband whos pissed the wife finally got up the courage to call the cops.

Republicans are trying to claim they're for unity and healing, in order to save their political power.
Yeah, and democrats are the purveyors of decency, honesty, patriotism, and fairness. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Not hardly. Nancy's latest hate move of impeachment, no hearing, no witnesses, no video of the President saying what the dems claim, no attorney for Trump. Then, although she says Trump is an imminent danger and they have to impeach immediately, she now wants to wait for the trial to convict for weeks or even months. I guess it is not imminent.
Dems want Trump gone because he has a huge following in the party among voters. He may well win if he chooses to run again and the democrats fear his ability to get the votes. They also want to fracture the republican party among the hard core Trump voters and the democrat leadership that never liked trump.
BTW, if Trump incited riots, then what do you call what democrats did all summer?
On twitter on facebook: #kill Trump, #assasinate Trump, #pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon. Were those censored? Nope.
The Democrats who have instigated this behavior from the beginning of Trumps Presidency.
Claims Trump is an illegitimate President.
Claims Trump Colluded with Russians.
Maxine Waters calling on democrats to get in the face of Republicans and harass them and let them know they are not welcome.
Cory Booker saying democrats should get up in the face of Republican lawmakers and challenge them.
Nancy Pelosi tearing up the State of the Union Address on internationally broadcast television.
Failure democrats to denounce months of violence by BLM and ANTIFA groups where cities were destroyed, set ablaze, parts of cities occupied for weeks, police officers and federal buildings and police precincts attacked, set on fire.
Purely partisan impeachment with no first hand evidence provided of the charges by democrats.
Kamala Harris encouraging and soliciting funds to pay the bail on BLM and ANTIFA members who participated in the assault on our cities and our police officers. She went as far as to do this on her web site. She also said rioters in the cities would not stop and should not stop. Referring to the violence as a movement, a movement that resulted in Billions of dollars in destruction of city, state, federal and private property.
Democrats objecting to certifying elections in every Republican President elected of the 21st century.
Democrats preaching racism and accusing every white person in America of being a white supremacist, and a racist.

Back
Top Bottom