• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They Waited, They Worried, They Stalled. This Week, They Got the Shot.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I've lost all confidence in Fauci. I maintain respect for all the unknown researchers quietly going about their work and collaborating to produce results that help us all.

What you should do, is lose confidence in those who made you lose confidence in Fauci.

What you should do, is lose confidence in those who made you lose confidence in Fauci.
Uh, nobody made me lose confidence in Fauci; I did that all by myself because of his flip-flopping.

We will see if there is a number of increases after full approval or not. There is a psychological barrier of needing to sign that release form that says it's experimental.

There is no such release form to sign, when you get the vaccine. They are not 'experimental'.

Yet then she said,
"If Dr. Fauci, the doctors, tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it," Harris said at the vice presidential debate.

I honestly don't know why Harris and Biden went to such lengths to cast doubt on the vaccine, since I at least have total faith that the President couldn't get the FDA to approve something they didn't think was safe, or that the CDC or anyone else would suggest it if it weren't. T**** didn't develop the vaccine or approve it, as much as he tried to convince people he did, so why would we expect him to have any hand in its approval?

That was dirty political rhetoric, is all. The campaign is over and The President and VP Harris have made it more than clear where they stand on it. I was surprised, too, to hear recently that there was suspicion about it among Democrats. Hydroxychloroquine, Yes the vaccine? No. . I never heard about it until now, and I heard a LOT about Covid last year.

They didn't cast doubt on the vaccine, they cast their doubts on Trump. They said they wouldn't take Trump's word for anything.

Nor would I.

I do trust Fauci, though.

Uh, nobody made me lose confidence in Fauci; I did that all by myself because of his flip-flopping.

Then you misunderstand him. Nor have you given him the consideration to listen to his answers which assuage those concerns.

Then you misunderstand him. Nor have you given him the consideration to listen to his answers which assuage those concerns.
Fauci is just another talking head to me. Don't agree with my opinion? Fine. But don't presume to tell me what I've considered, whether closely or otherwise.

Do we? Technically it is. None of them have gotten full approval yet. Changes are they will.

Technically it's not.

FDA EUAs (emergency use authorization) and FDA BLAs (Biologics license application, i.e. 'full FDA approval') are no different in terms of safety . Covid mRNA vaxxes have EUA by the FDA.

God, you are SOOOOOOO desperate to avoid acknowledging Trump's accomplishment. It's sad, really.

You make it sound what would be a slam dunk for any president, fastracking a pandemic vaccine, as some sort of extraordinary accomplishment, when, when he got the shot himself, when he could have done it in a public display, in a manner as a model to encourage his base to get the vaccine, what did he do? He did it in private. Regarding the mask, what did he say? he said it makes him look weak. And then he backs Marjorie Taylor Greene, an anti-vaxxer.

Excuse us for criticizing Trump.

You make it sound what would be a slam dunk for any president, fastracking a pandemic vaccine, as some sort of extraordinary accomplishment, when, when he got the shot himself, when he could have done it in a public display, in a manner as a model to encourage his base to get the vaccine, what did he do? He did it in private. Regarding the mask, what did he say? he said it makes him look weak. And then he backs Marjorie Taylor Greene, an anti-vaxxer.

Excuse us for criticizing Trump.
How pitiful. You're so desperate to avoid acknowledging Trump for doing something right you can even see straight. Remind me again which other Presidents managed to get a vaccine into the arms of people in less than a year when the Dems you worship were saying it would that a year or two. And don't forge that Dems were the ORIGINAL anti-vaxxers

How pitiful. You're so desperate to avoid acknowledging Trump for doing something right you can even see straight.
I can see straight enough to know that no other president, republican or democrat, would have said the masks them look weak, nor would have backed Marjorie Taylor Greene, and definitely would have got the shot out in the open to encourage others to get the vaccine. When the vax had just arrived, Trump lied to the public, downplayed it, no other president, right or left, would have done that. Because he downplayed, many of his fans didn't see the need to wear the mask, and the prez wasn't wearing one, he even mocked it, and the virus spread on a much faster trajectory because of Donald Trump. That wouldn't have happened with any other president, right or left.

Why should I give this despicable human being any credit at all? He is the most corrupt president in history. Every move that man makes in office had only one objective, 'to make Trump look good" He thought the masks didn't make him look presidential ! The man is a fool ! he has no concept of what leadership is. He only cares about Donald Trump. That's all he cares about. He doesn't give a damn about anyone or anything. On that basis, everything he does is suspect.

Trump is totally corrupt, the most corrupt president in history.

You are the one who can't see straight, because if you could, you'd feel the same way I do about Trump. Everything in that chart, above, is fact and documented.

Remind me again which other Presidents managed to get a vaccine into the arms of people in less than a year when the Dems you worship were saying it would that a year or two. And don't forge that Dems were the ORIGINAL anti-vaxxers

I'll remind you that the last pandemic to rival Covid ( and thus the urgency of COVID ) was the 1918 Flu So, your point is moot.

When relating the answers to these questions in the Pew surveys to people’s political views, I find an interesting divergence. The more conservative and also the more liberal someone is, the more likely he or she is to believe that vaccination is unsafe.

So, currently, it's bipartisan (however, more repubs not getting the vax, though, by a big margin. See, even the extreme lefty anti-vaxxers are getting the Covid vaccine) , but the big difference is that the extreme right now controls the party.

I'm not that big on some vaccines, some are good, some are not so good. Measles vax works, I'm all for it, but the flu vaccine on people over 60, even the CDC admitted it's not that effective on that group, and since I haven't had the flu in 40 years, I told my doc I don't see the point ( but I wouldn't discourage anyone else to get it). He didn't raise a stink about it, I told him I'd get the MMR but do a blood test on me to see if I'm still immune ( because I had these diseases when I was a child ) turns out I'm immune to all three, so I don't need the MMR.

My point about vaccines is THIS vaccine, the stats are in, the proof is here, the evidence shows that it' working, so I'm all for it. So, historically speaking, I don't give a damn who was for or against. We're talking about this vaccine. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
How
Because I came onto this thread only when I logged in a bit ago. Don't flatter yourself; consider instead that I haven't read all the pages of this thread.:rolleyes:
So in other words you didn't research the source. You assumed it was me because I pissed you off. Got it.

Because I came onto this thread only when I logged in a bit ago. Don't flatter yourself; consider instead that I haven't read all the pages of this thread.:rolleyes:
Don’t flatter yourself you said to another?? I see you haven’t changed!! Your ilk is determined to give us another lock-downed winter, and then bitch about what they’ve caused.

Don’t flatter yourself you said to another?? I see you haven’t changed!! Your ilk is determined to give us another lock-downed winter, and then bitch about what they’ve caused.
My "ilk"? I see that you still don't recognize one person, only some group. I'm not part of a group. But just out of curiosity, who is this "ilk" determined to give "us" another locked-down winter? And what is this "ilk" causing? Why do you think I'm part of this "ilk"?

And, yes, I said "don't flatter yourself" to someone else, not you, who assumes that I follow him from thread to thread.:rolleyes:

Perhaps. Much like a bunch of assholes would wait until they were robbed or their child raped before they went out and bought a gun to protect their lives. Always changes people when it gets to hitting home.
whoa

i hadn't seen the gun/COVID comparison before. maybe you should use that one on all the dumbass antivaxxers.

whoa

i hadn't seen the gun/COVID comparison before. maybe you should use that one on all the dumbass antivaxxers.
Not comparing guns to Covid. The point is that people change their tune when it hits home.

Not comparing guns to Covid. The point is that people change their tune when it hits home.
go find some antivaxxers and scare them with the break-in/gun example.

maybe they're get vaccinated then.

The evidence? Are you ****ing kidding me? Wow, you got it bad. Let me guess. You think 1/6 was something other than insurrection? And that Trump didn't incite the riot?
Yes, they forced their way into the Capitol. That's not an insurrection, not even close. Kind of ridiculous to even think that. The only thing more ridiculous is saying Trump incited it. Just foolish, really. Just the left trying to take political advantage, with the help of the obedient media and idiots just repeating everything like parrots.

It's because he's the opposition, and Marxists always seek to destroy the opposition, any way possible, truth be damned. Before Trump, they were absolutely vial to G.W. Bush. I couldn't believe the lies and hate that they threw at that man. I never thought I'd see hatred worse than that, but they amazingly were able to top their hate for Bush with their hate for Trump.

The next Republican nominee will be next, doesn't matter if it's the Pope, the hate will spew like never before.

Screw Dubya, he is a war monger.

The whole GOP fundamentally immoral because they serve the Lee Atwater agenda.

Yes, they forced their way into the Capitol. That's not an insurrection, not even close. Kind of ridiculous to even think that. The only thing more ridiculous is saying Trump incited it. Just foolish, really. Just the left trying to take political advantage, with the help of the obedient media and idiots just repeating everything like parrots.

It's a putsch, like the Munich Beer Hall putsch.

Didn't you get the memo? The left loves George W now.

Not the leftists I know, they think he is a warmonger and don't care if he gave Michelle Obama a cookie or hanged around with Ellen. I couldn't stand him then, can't stand him now, he got hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians killed.

Corporate Democrats are not "the left", they are centrists at best.

I can see straight enough to know that no other president, republican or democrat, would have said the masks them look weak, nor would have backed Marjorie Taylor Greene, and definitely would have got the shot out in the open to encourage others to get the vaccine. When the vax had just arrived, Trump lied to the public, downplayed it, no other president, right or left, would have done that. Because he downplayed, many of his fans didn't see the need to wear the mask, and the prez wasn't wearing one, he even mocked it, and the virus spread on a much faster trajectory because of Donald Trump. That wouldn't have happened with any other president, right or left.

Why should I give this despicable human being any credit at all? He is the most corrupt president in history. Every move that man makes in office had only one objective, 'to make Trump look good" He thought the masks didn't make him look presidential ! The man is a fool ! he has no concept of what leadership is. He only cares about Donald Trump. That's all he cares about. He doesn't give a damn about anyone or anything. On that basis, everything he does is suspect.

Trump is totally corrupt, the most corrupt president in history.

You are the one who can't see straight, because if you could, you'd feel the same way I do about Trump. Everything in that chart, above, is fact and documented.

I'll remind you that the last pandemic to rival Covid ( and thus the urgency of COVID ) was the 1918 Flu So, your point is moot.

When relating the answers to these questions in the Pew surveys to people’s political views, I find an interesting divergence. The more conservative and also the more liberal someone is, the more likely he or she is to believe that vaccination is unsafe.

So, currently, it's bipartisan (however, more repubs not getting the vax, though, by a big margin. See, even the extreme lefty anti-vaxxers are getting the Covid vaccine) , but the big difference is that the extreme right now controls the party.

I'm not that big on some vaccines, some are good, some are not so good. Measles vax works, I'm all for it, but the flu vaccine on people over 60, even the CDC admitted it's not that effective on that group, and since I haven't had the flu in 40 years, I told my doc I don't see the point ( but I wouldn't discourage anyone else to get it). He didn't raise a stink about it, I told him I'd get the MMR but do a blood test on me to see if I'm still immune ( because I had these diseases when I was a child ) turns out I'm immune to all three, so I don't need the MMR.

My point about vaccines is THIS vaccine, the stats are in, the proof is here, the evidence shows that it' working, so I'm all for it. So, historically speaking, I don't give a damn who was for or against. We're talking about this vaccine. That's all that matters.
I've covered every thing I need to say. Reasoning with blind anti-trumpets is a waste of time. Especially those suffering from verbal diarrhea.

Want to know how safe the vaccines are?
You might have missed this story back in May.
I read a story about a nurse in Italy who mistakenly injected two patients with almost SIX doses by mistake...SIX doses of Pfizer vaccine.
Everyone was freaking out and holding their breaths.
Turned out nothing happened, except of course I guess those two patients wound up being maybe the most protected people in Italy!

There is no flip flopping. Science is not religious dogma, so if you keep getting surprised, shocked and disappointed, it's because you're expecting SCIENCE to look like Moses and the Ten Commandments...
stiff, carved in stone, permanent, unchangeable, impervious to change and immovable.
Sorry but as long as you continue to view science the way you view Scripture and religious dogma, you're never going to understand the issues OR EVEN the science itself.

Science changes because SCIENTISTS LEARN something new, sometimes every single day.
Science is not religious DOGMA.
You're the one with the problem, not Anthony Fauci.

I say this with all sincerity and for the very best of reasons:
You should have tried harder back in Science Class in school....either that or you had lousy Science teachers.

There is no flip flopping. Science is not religious dogma, so if you keep getting surprised, shocked and disappointed, it's because you're expecting SCIENCE to look like Moses and the Ten Commandments...
stiff, carved in stone, permanent, unchangeable, impervious to change and immovable.
Sorry but as long as you continue to view science the way you view Scripture and religious dogma, you're never going to understand the issues OR EVEN the science itself.

Science changes because SCIENTISTS LEARN something new, sometimes every single day.
Science is not religious DOGMA.
You're the one with the problem, not Anthony Fauci.

I say this with all sincerity and for the very best of reasons:
You should have tried harder back in Science Class in school....either that or you had lousy Science teachers.
What disappointed by is the politicization of a pandemic. What I'm surprised by is your suggesting that I expect ALL-CAPS SCIENCE to look like the Ten Commandments. That's just such a stupid and presumptuous notion. I did very well in most of my science classes.

Back
Top Bottom