• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They Have Worked on Conflicts Overseas. Now These Americans See ‘Red Flags’ at Home.

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
LEVERETT, Mass. — Paula Green has spent much of her life working on conflicts abroad. In places like Bosnia, Rwanda and Myanmar, Dr. Green, an American psychologist, brings together survivors of war, helping them see past their differences so they can live with one another again.

They Have Worked on Conflicts Overseas. Now These Americans See ‘Red Flags’ at Home.

These are people we really need to be listening to.

I mean has America ever been a truly peaceful place to live?

I mean has America ever been a truly peaceful place to live?

We have always had our ups and downs, but the right/left polarization is, IMO, at an all time high......there is no more real dialogue, its just screaming mantras and trying to shout each other down.

Well, this is odd. I've never seen this message from DP before. It came when I clicked on the OP's link.

Redirecting To They Have Worked on Conflicts Overseas. Now These Americans See ‘Red Flags’ at Home.

Warning! The intended destination is not part of Debate Politics Forums.

If you do not recognise They Have Worked on Conflicts Overseas. Now These Americans See ‘Red Flags’ at Home. or do not trust the person who gave you this link, close this tab or click the Back button in your browser.

I understand the risk. Proceed anyway.

I proceeded anyway and the link looks good to me.

LEVERETT, Mass. — Paula Green has spent much of her life working on conflicts abroad. In places like Bosnia, Rwanda and Myanmar, Dr. Green, an American psychologist, brings together survivors of war, helping them see past their differences so they can live with one another again.

As long as Dr. Green doesn't address the affect of the media on the American people she dealt with, I see no hope of any meaningful accomplishment.

As long as Dr. Green doesn't address the affect of the media on the American people she dealt with, I see no hope of any meaningful accomplishment.

I agree with that statement.... the media is the stick stirring the stewpot.

I'm hoping by this you mean your side is propagandizing you and their side is propagandizing them and as long as that continues we are all screwed. (Except those harvesting record profits and massive power, of course. They're the ones doing the screwing.)

I'm hoping by this you mean your side is propagandizing you and their side is propagandizing them and as long as that continues we are all screwed. (Except those harvesting record profits and massive power, of course. They're the ones doing the screwing.)

Your hope is misplaced. I am my own side. I resist propaganda. I think for myself.

When I refer to "media", I am referring to ALL media...left-slanted and right-slanted. They all attempt to affect people and, in my opinion, are the cause of the red flags that Dr. Green has detected.

Your hope is misplaced. I am my own side. I resist propaganda. I think for myself.

When I refer to "media", I am referring to ALL media...left-slanted and right-slanted. They all attempt to affect people and, in my opinion, are the cause of the red flags that Dr. Green has detected.

I've "known" you for a while, and I don't see your "resistance" to propaganda.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

Of course you are supposed to accept propaganda as "the truth". That's the whole point.

You were a birther, right?

I've "known" you for a while, and I don't see your "resistance" to propaganda.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

Of course you are supposed to accept propaganda as "the truth". That's the whole point.

You were a birther, right?

No. I was not a birther. I was a person looking for facts about the birther issue.

I don't "accept propaganda as truth". As I said, I think for myself.

It's truly very peaceful in my neighborhood. Chicago? Not so much.

It may be peaceful in your neighborhood but the point of the article is that your rhetoric might be violent and therefore destabilizing other neighborhoods.

It may be peaceful in your neighborhood but the point of the article is that your rhetoric might be violent and therefore destabilizing other neighborhoods.
"might be"? Nah, it's peaceful. Other neighborhoods need to grow up.

I saw the headline and thought, just another excuse to blame Trump. And the first half of the article was.. but I skipped down to the second half, and that was far more interesting.

In short conversation and listening is better than attacking and silencing.

The beginning was bumpy. The initial overture for a meeting with the Kentucky residents came from Jay Frost, a retired corporate training consultant in Leverett who admits that he did not think much of Trump voters at first.

“‘Stupid’ was the adjective I used,” he said, explaining his early thinking.

He wrote in an email that he wanted to understand “how rural white voters could possibly support such a vulgar, dystopian presidential candidate,” language he says he now regrets.

Gwen Johnson, an education administrator, who was part of the Kentucky group that received it, said two people started to cry when it was read. But she didn’t take offense and decided to make the 15-hour trip in a van to Massachusetts to explain to people there that while some might have been mad starting in 2016, she had been mad for most of her life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom