• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They had an indoor wedding (Baptist Church) and reception. Now 7 people are dead.

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
176 COVID infected people. 7 are dead and they're all traced back to that wedding in Maine.

"About 65 people attended the event, in violation of Gov. Janet Mills' executive order limiting indoor gatherings to 50 people, the Maine CDC has said.

The wedding ceremony was held at Tri Town Baptist Church in East Millinocket, about 63 miles north of Bangor, and a reception was held at the Big Moose Inn Cabins and Campground in Millinocket."

but, hey, the 7 dead didn't actually attend the wedding. so it's all good, right?

176 COVID infected people. 7 are dead and they're all traced back to that wedding in Maine.

"About 65 people attended the event, in violation of Gov. Janet Mills' executive order limiting indoor gatherings to 50 people, the Maine CDC has said.

The wedding ceremony was held at Tri Town Baptist Church in East Millinocket, about 63 miles north of Bangor, and a reception was held at the Big Moose Inn Cabins and Campground in Millinocket."

but, hey, the 7 dead didn't actually attend the wedding. so it's all good, right?

What's your point ?

The minister who officiated at the wedding is still holding indoor services.

The point is very simple: during a pandemic, your bad choices affect other people.

Sometimes I'm amazed that people like you have to take the time to point out things so obvious.

If only 50 people and not 65 attended no one would have died........

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ahh, but you're being dishonest. Crowd size isn't the only safety guideline.

Masks and social distancing are required also.

Outside of greater Massachusetts aka Portland the governor is ignored for the most part.

The venue misinterpreted the everchanging guidelines and split the group into 2 rooms less than 50.

The point is very simple: during a pandemic, your bad choices affect other people.

only if those others made bad choices for themselves. They should keep themselves safe.

Last edited:
How is Trump responsible? I'm waiting for some lib to chime in soon.

hang on. did they break some kind of state law/mandate or something?

That's the thing about wedding receptions--what are people doing? Mainly eating and drinking, which you can't do with a mask on. I had to forego the wedding of a close relative in July for exactly that reason--people from all over the state, some from areas with a lot of cases, and a sit down dinner wedding reception. I'm high risk, and as much as I wanted to, the risk was just too high.

This was a terrible shame, but it's not really anyone's fault. It's just a cautionary tale of what can happen with all good intentions.

hang on. did they break some kind of state law/mandate or something?

The venue allowed more than 50 people, but they said they had misinterpreted the state emergency order restricting gatherings to 50 people. They split the group into two dining rooms so there weren't more than 50 in one room. I don't know if the state is buying that one. They were being investigated, as is the church. The attendees that caused the most damage were an employee at a nursing home (40+ cases), and an attendee who made a visit to the York County jail (80 cases). Most of the rest were family members of attendees. I don't know if they figured out who had that first case--since probably a lot of them were asymptomatic, it would be very hard to say, I think

Here is a link to the news article.

Maine wedding now linked to deaths of 7 people who didn'''t attend

only if those others made bad choices for themselves. They should keep themselves safe.

So what you're saying is that cooperation is completely alien to your experience?

Sometimes I'm amazed that people like you have to take the time to point out things so obvious.

You have 63m people who have made it an ideology to not observe observable truths.

So what you're saying is that cooperation is completely alien to your experience?

Looking back at my post... hmmm... by golly, I certainly did not say that; you must be confused.

Are you now willing to call out those under age 30 young liberals for not wearing masks? Are you now willing to call out protesters who daily ignore group restriction numbers?

We argue with selfish, vile people who watch Republicans die to protect a New York City con man and criminal.

Are you now willing to call out those under age 30 young liberals for not wearing masks? Are you now willing to call out protesters who daily ignore group restriction numbers?

most definitely. everyone should be doing things to slow the spread of COVID.

now, our President has the largest mouth in the country and he ****ed up when he downplayed it, ridiculed people for being safe/etc and not setting a good example. he basically caused the deaths of 10s of thousands of extra Americans (tons of Republicans). and you'll reward him for doing so by voting for him.

We argue with selfish, vile people who watch Republicans die to protect a New York City con man and criminal.

I realize that you only associate with other white leftists, but if it is only Trump supporters who are violating mask orders, then Trump is going to get massive minority support. Take a stroll outside your white enclave once in a while and i wont have to correct every silly thing you say.

now, our President has the largest mouth in the country and he ****ed up when he downplayed it, ridiculed people for being safe/etc and not setting a good example. he basically caused the deaths of 10s of thousands of extra Americans (tons of Republicans). and you'll reward him for doing so by voting for him.

False and stupid. Most of the deaths have come in deep blue cities inside deep blue states. Looks like all the true Covidiots are liberals.

I don't give a damn what does or does not come out of Trump's mouth. Would you be happier if Trump criticized the young lefty liberals for not wearing their masks and calling out protesters? It's not his supporters that are the problem. It is the liberals. Facts prove that it is those under 30 flaunting mask and social distancing requirements and yet you can bet that on the six o'clock news, the MSM will put on a video of an old fat white guy wearing a red MAGA hat saying, "I ain't wearin no effing mask". The facts show who really isn't wearing the masks. And, these very same people aren't going to start wearing masks just because Biden asks them to. In fact, Newsome in California has a mask requirement and these very same people ignore him. Why would they listen to Biden but not Newsome?
'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom