• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

These Three States Are Making a Trump Win Basically Impossible

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-a-trump-win-basically-impossible/?tid=sm_Fb

Sorry, Trumpeteers.

Four new NBC News/Marist College polls released Friday show Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton leading her Republican rival by five points in Florida, nine points in North Carolina and double digits in Colorado (14) and Virginia (13). All four states have been battlegrounds in recent presidential elections.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-a-trump-win-basically-impossible/?tid=sm_Fb

Sorry, Trumpeteers.

Four new NBC News/Marist College polls released Friday show Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton leading her Republican rival by five points in Florida, nine points in North Carolina and double digits in Colorado (14) and Virginia (13). All four states have been battlegrounds in recent presidential elections.

But it's all part of a vast left-wing conspiracy, don'tcha know?

Sorry, Trumpeteers.

Trump's chances just keep goin' down, down, down.

Trump's chances just keep goin' down, down, down.

That's what they said about Truman.

The polls are just disinformation, in an attempt to cause Trump voters to stay home.

The debates have yet to happen. I think that is where trump is going to sink or swim.
There is nothing that Clinton can throw on him and with yet another FBI investigation
into her charity it is nothing more than bad news for her again.

both candidates are horrible and I am still thinking of voting 3rd party and I encourage everyone else
to vote that way as well.

there is no way anyone can honestly say they would support Clinton because she is ethical and honest.
if they are they are just as much of a liar as Clinton is.

The polls are just disinformation, in an attempt to cause Trump voters to stay home.
I'm not sure what to believe. I don't think it has anything to do with getting Trump supporters to stay home: I think it has more to do with getting the American people to sheep "she's gonna win anyway and I wanna be on the winning team". How many times have you heard on this very forum, where the average political IQ is much higher than the average American's, x can't win so I'm not throwing my vote away. Now imagine that same mentally among those who are already less politically astute. Trump supporters are already motived to vote. It's those who are indifferent who can be easily swayed.

And how about the polls that have Trump in the lead? Are those just "disinformation" too?

And I'm not saying that Trump can't catch back up. We still haven't had a presidential debate yet.

Well even Canadian sources are now saying that Hilary is basically ensured the win and they have no reason to spread misinformation. Also, polls in order to have credibility must follow certain guidelines and make things public. The polls can be wrong but they are actively misinforming on a large scale. You are forgetting there are polls skewed for Trump as well as Hilary which is why averages of polls are important.

Well even Canadian sources are now saying that Hilary is basically ensured the win and they have no reason to spread misinformation. Also, polls in order to have credibility must follow certain guidelines and make things public. The polls can be wrong but they are actively misinforming on a large scale. You are forgetting there are polls skewed for Trump as well as Hilary which is why averages of polls are important.

Canadian sources? :lamo

Canadian sources? :lamo

Yeah, believe it or not we have polling experts too. The one I linked to above is Eric Grénier of threehundredeight.com who is the go to poll expert in Canada.

Well it's more than that if you consider states that repubs used to be competitive in. Michigan for instance was a swing state until 'white flight' became more complete. That we're even discussing Virginia as a swing state (yes i know obama won in 2008, but hillary is far from that kind of following) tells me trump has no chance. Which i kind of figured out long ago just looking at all the demographics he's proudly contemptuous towards

Ah, yes, doublespeak, George Orwell saw it coming. Information is disinformation.

Here, let me give an actual, valid, reasonable argument: it is August. As fluid as the polling numbers have been, I don't feel comfortable with any lead.

Well, they meant the world when they had Trump on top.

Now, they are just disinformation?

Yeah, there's some disinformation going on here but it ain't the polls.

Trump and Truman are very different people.

One big difference is that unlike Truman Trump will lose in November.

And his biggest excuse will be that he was cheated.

Wait and see.

Well, they meant the world when they had Trump on top.

Now, they are just disinformation?

Yeah, there's some disinformation going on here but it ain't the polls.

Well they are disinformation when Trump is not the one in the lead. That's how it works.

I'm not sure what to believe. I don't think it has anything to do with getting Trump supporters to stay home: I think it has more to do with getting the American people to sheep "she's gonna win anyway and I wanna be on the winning team". How many times have you heard on this very forum, where the average political IQ is much higher than the average American's, x can't win so I'm not throwing my vote away. Now imagine that same mentally among those who are already less politically astute. Trump supporters are already motived to vote. It's those who are indifferent who can be easily swayed.
You know, I never thought of it before, but the bolded just might be correct.

If so, that's a very scary thought! :shock:

Well it's more than that if you consider states that repubs used to be competitive in. Michigan for instance was a swing state until 'white flight' became more complete. That we're even discussing Virginia as a swing state (yes i know obama won in 2008, but hillary is far from that kind of following) tells me trump has no chance. Which i kind of figured out long ago just looking at all the demographics he's proudly contemptuous towards
And let's not forget NC - that'd be a real shocker!

Time to pack it up folks. The polls have Trump is down in four battleground states 3 months before the election. Clearly a win is "basically impossible" :roll:

Yeah, believe it or not we have polling experts too. The one I linked to above is Eric Grénier of threehundredeight.com who is the go to poll expert in Canada.

You forget what you're dealing with. To a great many American conservatives, scientific polling is pseudoscience. It's just another in a long, LONG list of things that are Biased Against Conservatives.

Time to pack it up folks. The polls have Trump is down in four battleground states 3 months before the election. Clearly a win is "basically impossible" :roll:

If he doesn't win 3 of the 4 states mentioned in the OP -- or perhaps all four -- it is pretty much mathematically impossible for Trump to win the election.

Pretty much, Ohio doesn't look good PA is gone, heck, Utah, Georgia and Arizona are tossups.

McCain is already running ads against the democrat here, even though the primary hasn't happened. Ads loaded with the same old derp...he is going to kill Obamacare (yeah right), and overturn the treaty with Iran (sure....) and the usual derp...benghazi, etc.

He is an old fool, up against a smart, moderate challenger.

Back
Top Bottom