• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

These states are looking for trouble.

Da Mole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Within this article is a complete list of the states that permit ballots to be counted up to 17 days (CA) after Nov 3. If that makes sense, why then, can't I go to my polling place 17 days after the election to cast a vote? Fair is fair. This idiocy must be the work of lawyers trolling for the immense amount of lawsuit business to follow while trying to figure out who won on Nov 3rd. Mail-in voting is a flawed process and should be stopped.

Within this article is a complete list of the states that permit ballots to be counted up to 17 days (CA) after Nov 3. If that makes sense, why then, can't I go to my polling place 17 days after the election to cast a vote? Fair is fair. This idiocy must be the work of lawyers trolling for the immense amount of lawsuit business to follow while trying to figure out who won on Nov 3rd. Mail-in voting is a flawed process and should be stopped.

Because your vote would be cast after November 3rd. The mail-in ballots were cast before election day.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

Any ruling allowing any form of voting after the election day is outright sedition and tyranny against the Constitution - so of course Democratic Party appointed and never-Trump federal judges will vote that the Constitution is null and void for this election.

Adding "fair is fair" to a nonsensical idea doesn't transform it into something that makes sense.

In a local news report in Arizona a few weeks ago on mail in balloting pointed out that mail in ballots are not allowed to be opened and scanned until voting day. Ballots signatures can be verified but that is it. So it is a matter of how fast mail in ballots can be scanned.

I do support the idea of a voting week or two weeks instead of one day. That could help reduce long lines and waiting times to vote in person.

Adding "fair is fair" to a nonsensical idea doesn't transform it into something that makes sense.

If you get to have your vote counted then I get to potato. Fair is fair.

Republicans are especially afraid of people voting this time around. I guess that Rasmussen must be slipping up.

Hey! That's a pretty good deal! That way you can find someone with a postage meter like they have in most offices, postmark a whole bunch of envelopes, wait until you figure out how many more votes you need to win your precinct then go out and hustle whatever extra votes you need, stuff them in the already postmarked envelopes and sendd them on in for the win!

If you get to have your vote counted then I get to potato. Fair is fair.

The "fair is fair" comment was tongue in cheek. Mail-in ballots accepted up to 17 days after the election is absurd as is voting in person within the same delayed time period. Obviously, your clan sees the possibility of an upside to mail-in ballots so you will defend it to the death of America

Because your vote would be cast after November 3rd. The mail-in ballots were cast before election day.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

Schroedinger's vote.

Hey! That's a pretty good deal! That way you can find someone with a postage meter like they have in most offices, postmark a whole bunch of envelopes, wait until you figure out how many more votes you need to win your precinct then go out and hustle whatever extra votes you need, stuff them in the already postmarked envelopes and sendd them on in for the win!

No, it's moronic. The vote is what it is when you cast it, aka, deposit it in the mail such that it is received in the time the state requires or vote in person. It's not cast when someone looks in it. That's just when it becomes a vote for one candidate as opposed to the others.

Back
Top Bottom