• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

These are true military Heros....

Compatibilist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Military heros... I know there is another thread debating heroism and if it truely exists. Not sure about that but am certain these guys are true military heros... At least to those who love them. Unfortunately... most movies/books romanticize and glorify war. However, IMO there is only one good thing about the war experience for a soldier... and this video thoroughly covers it!

[video=facebook;455621345922]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=455621345922[/video]

That is so hard to watch but yet so good.

I agree... it isn't easy to watch because of the raw emotion. Both for the people in the video and those who watch. If this doesn't touch the heart, there isn't one there.

Military heros... I know there is another thread debating heroism and if it truely exists. Not sure about that but am certain these guys are true military heros... At least to those who love them. Unfortunately... most movies/books romanticize and glorify war. However, IMO there is only one good thing about the war experience for a soldier... and this video thoroughly covers it!

O! M! G! *Cryin'* What a beautiful video, Obamanator. Priceless. Yes! Heroes all! Thank you very much for posting this on a quiet Sunday morning!!

I'd like to give a plug to an organization that I think is very worthy. It's called Warriors Watch. Your video brought it front and center in my mind. The Warriors Watch are a group of volunteers operating in the Chicago area -- and other parts of the country -- that welcome home soldiers. They are all vets -- motorcycle riders -- and come swarming in like bees at O'Hare, Midway, at 'set-ups' in shopping malls, to Meet/Greet/Mug/Hug returning vets. Lots of them are Viet Nam vets. Part of their mission states:

...WE WILL HONOR OUR NATION’S WARRIORS HERE AT HOME, AND SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES WHILE THEY FIGHT FOR US ABROAD...
and
...THE WARRIORS’ WATCH RIDERS ENVISION A DAY WHEN EVERY MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES, AT HOME AND ABROAD, AND THEIR FAMILIES, FEEL APPRECIATED, HONORED, RESPECTED AND LOVED BY THE CITIZENS THEY RISK THEIR LIVES TO PROTECT...
and
Many of us are Vietnam and Cold War Era Veterans. ABOVE ALL: NEVER, EVER, WILL WE ALLOW THIS GENERATION OF HEROES TO BE TREATED WHEN THEY COME HOME AS WE WERE TREATED WHEN WE CAME HOME. . NEVER AGAIN WILL AN AMERICAN WARRIOR BE SCORNED, OR IGNORED.

» Mission Warriors’ Watch Riders: WE HAVE YOUR BACKS AT HOME!

If anyone knows a Viet Nam vet who hasn't had a heroe's welcome, I hope you'll consider making it happen. (I have nothing to do with this organization. Please forgive the plug here, but I couldn't help it.

Fine post!!!!!

Last edited:
We did get a horrible welcome home from Vietnam but we had our families welcome which was all most of us needed. Thanks for the "Mission Warriors" link. That's an organization of caring people.

[video=facebook;455621345922]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=455621345922[/video]
where did you get this link and if you don't mind I would love to post to my FB page.

Back
Top Bottom