• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

These Are The People Obama & Co. Want To Help?

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
'Either You Convert to Islam, Or You Will Be Beheaded'

“They shot and killed people,” he said. “I heard gunshots and then I saw three bodies lying in the middle of a street in the old quarters of the village. Where is President Obama to see what has befallen us?” Another witness stated, “I saw the militants grabbing five villagers and threatening them and saying, ‘Either you convert to Islam, or you will be beheaded.’”

Huh...

This is NOT about Islam or Muslims.. Its about "criminals".

My, My, brand spanking new and assuming you know me...

Huh...

I don't know you at all.. and said nothing about you.

You're right. May I ask, what was the purpose of your post? Because as you see, the title of this thread didn't say those damned muslims and evil islam, it said these are the people Obama & Co. want to help? So you see, you must have been saying something without actually saying something or you're just posting random comments on threads with no rhyme or reason, which was it?

There are no good guy or bad guys, that's merely relativistic thinking. They are all Syrians trying to deal with issues of their own government and religious belief systems. We hold no moral high ground from which to base our judgements on, and no "national interests" to compel our direct military intervention.

Sometimes, it's best to take a step back and re-evaluate. Do we (as in the USA) really need to get involved in another military "police action?"

There are no good guy or bad guys, that's merely relativistic thinking.
I don't quite see murdering (beheading) people who do not "convert to Islam" simply as relativistic thinkers. :doh

You're right. May I ask, what was the purpose of your post? Because as you see, the title of this thread didn't say those damned muslims and evil islam, it said these are the people Obama & Co. want to help? So you see, you must have been saying something without actually saying something or you're just posting random comments on threads with no rhyme or reason, which was it?

And its a real leap to claim Obama wants to help those rebels or terrorists or whatever you want to call them.. The objective here is to stop the use of Sarin gas or chemical weapons anywhere.

I have been on the forum for a couple of years.. Just returned after a complete meltdown in systems.

We have no control over Assad or any of the Syrians fighting each other. Regime change proved to be a disastrous Bush Doctrine.

I don't quite see murdering (beheading) people who do not "convert to Islam" simply as relativistic thinkers. :doh

I was saying we are imposing relative merits on various factions based on our thinking. The example used by the OP is a good one showing the various opponents of Assad's government hold no special merit to be called "good guys" while labeling him the "bad guy." By the same token, his actions don't give him any special "good guy" status either. My point is, and has always been, we should stay out of it and let the Syrians sort it out for good or ill.

There are no good guy or bad guys, that's merely relativistic thinking. They are all Syrians trying to deal with issues of their own government and religious belief systems. We hold no moral high ground from which to base our judgements on, and no "national interests" to compel our direct military intervention.

Sometimes, it's best to take a step back and re-evaluate. Do we (as in the USA) really need to get involved in another military "police action?"

As a person who is rather well versed on Christianity and Islam, I can unequivocally state, in either of those two religions, if someone tells you convert or die? Yeah, they're bad guys. Further, if you had read the article you'd have seen the part where the "not good or bad guys" gave evidence that they weren't from around those parts. those parts being Syria.

to answer your question, No.

I was saying we are imposing relative merits on various factions based on our thinking.
That is part of human nature. Every human imposes merits on others based on their individual experiences and thinking. This is how humans can discern a difference between individuals. For example, I discern a difference between the actions of Pol Pot and Martin Luther King as would a vast majority of people who are familiar with both.

The example used by the OP is a good one showing the various opponents of Assad's government hold no special merit to be called "good guys" while labeling him the "bad guy." By the same token, his actions don't give him any special "good guy" status either.
Sometimes bad people fight other bad people. Without getting into a long boring dissertation about relative thinking and labeling "good" vs. "bad" through a prism of individual thought, I'll just say "I get it".

My point is, and has always been, we should stay out of it and let the Syrians sort it out for good or ill.
Amen brother. Amen.

That is part of human nature. Every human imposes merits on others based on their individual experiences and thinking. This is how humans can discern a difference between individuals. For example, I discern a difference between the actions of Pol Pot and Martin Luther King as would a vast majority of people who are familiar with both.

Sometimes bad people fight other bad people. Without getting into a long boring dissertation about relative thinking and labeling "good" vs. "bad" through a prism of individual thought, I'll just say "I get it".

Amen brother. Amen.

Hey man, good to see you. Where you been?

Hey man, good to see you. Where you been?

Voluntarily stepped away from public political debate boards. Needed a break and a different perspective - sometimes you just gotta step away and take a look around ya know? Glad to see most everyone's still around. Thanks for asking!

As a person who is rather well versed on Christianity and Islam, I can unequivocally state, in either of those two religions, if someone tells you convert or die? Yeah, they're bad guys. Further, if you had read the article you'd have seen the part where the "not good or bad guys" gave evidence that they weren't from around those parts. those parts being Syria.

to answer your question, No.

Villagers reported foreign dialects ranging from Tunisian to Libyan, from Moroccan to Chechen.....snip~

rebels_aleppo_AP.jpg

Yeah and how many are on the Terror Watch List.....to bad those civilians don't carry. As I think the Rebel Terrorists would think twice about attacking those that will kill them Dead on the spot. Without thinking much about it. Not worrying about religions or GODS. Maybe even letting some of the Terrorists know. Now they will go after their family members and make it all nice and personal likes.

Such is the nature of IR. The enemy of my enemy is a friend.

Except when the enemy of my enemy had been my enemy and my enemy hasn't attacked me but the enemy of my enemy has.

Except when the enemy of my enemy had been my enemy and my enemy hasn't attacked me but the enemy of my enemy has.

Still our friend in that regard. Unfortunately.

Still our friend in that regard. Unfortunately.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

We've got to do a better job choosing our friends.

Back
Top Bottom