• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

These Are The People In Your Neighborhood [W:159]

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
After an increase in crime, residents of an Oregon neighborhood have decided to take up arms instead of involving the police.

According to the DailyMailOnline, neighbors have organized what they call a ‘Glock Block,’ after several residents obtained concealed carry permits.

Fliers posted around the neighborhood read, 'This is a Glock Block, We don't call 911.'

Neighbors organize

If only we all had neighbors like this....

More Guns, Less Crime

Pshhh, every home owner within a mile of my house owns shotguns/semi-automatic rifles/ handguns. Only had one break-in the entire time I've been alive, seems to work here.

We've gotten close to the neighbors on either side of us. All of us are gun owners and we keep an eye out for each other. I don't spread my net too far, though. Grouping up with the entire neighborhood would make me feel more nervous than safe.

I wanna get a big sign that says trespass an your life is forfeit.

These Are The People In Your Neighborhood

Funny- near me, the West Side of Chicago is clearly the best armed- most residences have guns.

The crime and murder rate is high.

In my neighborhood, however, five miles away, I know no one who owns a gun, except for some guys with hunting rifles locked away, and virtually no crime.

Seems to me here that less guns=less crime.

Funny- near me, the West Side of Chicago is clearly the best armed- most residences have guns.

In my neighborhood, however, five miles away, I know no one who owns a gun, except for some guys with hunting rifles locked away, and virtually no crime.

Me thinks you're glossing over a LOT of statistically relevant information to make an inaccurate and factually unsupported claim.

Me thinks you're glossing over a LOT of statistically relevant information to make an inaccurate and factually unsupported claim.

yeah his evidence is BS, and like many anti gunners he confuses ownership of guns by good people with scumbags with guns

I grew up on the south side. 704E 92nd place to be exact. Your post is bull**** to say the least.

I grew up on the south side. 704E 92nd place to be exact. Your post is bull**** to say the least.

Which part?

Check the crime stats for the Lawndale neighborhood vs Elmhurst.

Yep. Just like the OP. but you didn't bother to call him out.

Which part?

Check the crime stats for the Lawndale neighborhood vs Elmhurst.

Not that. I want to know how you magically know every gun owned by every person in both neighborhoods? If you can't answer, we know you lied.

I think you mean it's contrary to the reality you want to believe.

Nah, I am sure I know more about guns, gun laws and crime than you could ever fathom and your claims are nonsense. Chicago is a poster child for what happens when criminal politicians want to disarm honest people

I think you mean it's contrary to the reality you want to believe.

No it's contrary to you somehow knowing what weapons and how everyone keep's them in both neighborhoods.

Not that. I want to know how you magically know every gun owned by every person in both neighborhoods? If you can't answer, we know you lied.

Well, I can only go by anecdotal experience, having lived here. I literally know almost no one with a gun. I know the gun prevalence is high on the west side because its kind of a known fact, with at least one murder every couple days and multiple shootings per day.

Nah, I am sure I know more about guns, gun laws and crime than you could ever fathom and your claims are nonsense. Chicago is a poster child for what happens when criminal politicians want to disarm honest people

Yep. Opposite of reality, as I suspected.

Well, I can only go by anecdotal experience, having lived here. I literally know almost no one with a gun. I know the gun prevalence is high on the west side because its kind of a known fact, with at least one murder every couple days and multiple shootings per day.

So in other words you have no clue and lied. Thanks.

Yep. Opposite of reality, as I suspected.

you can make all the silly claims you want. Chicago is a cesspool of murder and honest people are not allowed to own handguns. and my credibility on gun issues is pretty well established on this board

Your claims are just silly

How many of these guns in the high crime neighborhood are legal?

Back
Top Bottom